Old 10-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #1  
Starting a Journey!

S/C/G: 520.2 / 496.2 / 172

Height: 5' 10"

Default Starting Out

Hello everyone, my name is Reesa.

I'm just restarting my weight loss journey (there've been some ups and downs over the years), and would love to be able to have people to talk to that are in the same boat of needing to lose a significant amount of weight. Below are some of my stats.

Start Weight: 520.2 lbs
Current Weight: 512.6 lbs
Goal Weight: 180 lbs

I've been overweight since I was 6 years old so I don't even know what my true goal weight should be, but that won't be figured out until I'm much closer to that number.
My weight has been hovering at or around 500 lbs for the last 4 years and at one point I had lost over 80lbs, but life happened and I gained all the weight back plus a few of their buddies.

I do have a lot of familial support, however there's only so much family support and accountability I can handle before the urge to rebel comes into play. Hence, my desire to branch out and meet new people to talk to.

I look forward to the journey ahead.

~*~ Reesa ~*~
Reesa Wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 343/248/200

Height: 5'4"

Hi Reesa! Welcome and good luck with your journey. I haven't been on much lately, but 3FC is a great place for support!
lemc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:13 AM   #3  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi Reesa and welcome to the board. This is a lovely forum. It's not just about diets and exercise ( although that is important) it is also about friendship and support when your weight loss/life journey hits a bump in the road.
How are you planning on losing your weight?

I seem to be one of the few on here from the UK so I love hearing about where everybody lives!
Good luck!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Welcome Reesa! Good luck with your goals! You can do this. Please share your attack plan.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #5  
Starting a Journey!

S/C/G: 520.2 / 496.2 / 172

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain walker View Post
How are you planning on losing your weight?

To lose weight I'm going to be following the Leptin Diet which is more of changing how I'm eating. There isn't a really big focus on counting calories, it's mostly about following the 5 rules consistently. I, also, have a FitBit to track my steps when it comes to exercising. Because of how large I am I do have some mobility issues which is why most of my exercising will be on the Elliptical machine I have in my home.

Another thing I've done is gone off of most chemicals. I have a sensitivity to Propylene Glycol and Nitrates, both of which are in a lot of processed foods. Due to the chemical sensitivity it's forced me to focus more on natural foods and foods with very little processing.

~*~ Reesa ~*~
Reesa Wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:59 AM   #6  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Congrats on losing 80 even though you gained it back, You did it once you can do it again, Good Luck
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote