Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 03:45 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 402/371/150

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the warm welcome again everyone! Aren't y'all lovely?

Oh Shan84 you poor thing. I'm so sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. It's vicious the effect grief can have on our battle with weight. And I certainly don't envy you being a large woman living in China - I've travelled all through South East Asia and it can be totally demoralizing. I can't imagine living there. I'm glad you've found your way here! Hopefully we can kick this thing together!

It feels funny to admit that a big reason for my drive to get this weight off me once and for all is the fact that I want to be as fit as humanly possible to have a baby. I mean, not for at least 5 years or so, don't get me wrong! But I just know carrying a child at this size would be difficult to say the least. So I hear ya!

My week so far has been a combination of marking, marking, writing, reading, marking, marking. OH and long walks with my poochies. AND finally we are getting some consistent warm weather, which always equates to better food choices for me. It gets too easy to curl up with a bowl of something "comforting" (i.e. calorie laden) in winter!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:29 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning, Everyone!

Nice morning in the 50s here in East TN. Starting the day with a nice cup of autumn blend and a Protein baked bar...

The missus and I and the dogs got in a nice walk yesterday afternoon. I'm looking forward to stressful day in the office today, but I'll survive (Might have to put some music on late in the day, though).

Have a great day!

Dean
Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. While I'm not looking forward to winter arriving, one nice thing is that so many people are posting and we're getting new friends on our journey to getting healthy. Hopefully I'll have better luck with posting today an not lose everything!

Dean -- Sounds like you've gotten back into your routine quickly and are enjoying the cooler temps that this time of year brings. Hope the doctor reports have been good.

MissBB -- It's a friendly and supportive group -- including giving us a kick in the pants when we need it. Glad you've joined us.

Shan84 -- You have been riding on a roller coaster for so long and have to be ready to have this ride stop. It is so difficult to deal with losing a close family member, but you'll find the support you need here. Thanks for sharing your background with us.

Sam -- Glad you're back in a posting mood and no we don't mind if you post 3 times a day. It sounds like you're beginning to get back into your normal patterns. On the donut lady front. She sounds as though she's just trying to be friendly or polite even, but I'd suggest just asking her to not include you in the snacking. Doesn't have to be confrontational, but just explain how hard you've worked, how hard it is to resist, and that while you appreciate her trying to include you that this is one area of your life where changes have had to be made. Hopefully she'll understand. If you think she's just trying to connect, why don't you suggest sharing bringing in snacks only make them healthy like some veggie sticks or cut up fruit. You're right -- you've come too far to let yourself get sabotaged now even if it's not intentional.

Fi -- So glad you posted, love the pictures of your babies (although they're getting to be so big) but am so sorry about the ongoing depression pain. I've been worried about you, and hope that this pain makes an exit pretty soon.

Donna -- So glad that you decided to still walk, but reduced that distance. It's great to set goals and try to do things that would definitely be a challenge, but not if they're going to be a risk to our overall health. Hope things are looking up for you with the knees.

Ubee -- HELP!!! I'm stuck in some crazy rut where I think that I have to get things ready for winter. Oh wait, it's almost October, I do have to get things ready for winter. Now all I need is some stamina -- back to the gym, back to eating right, back to making out lists to guilt me into getting stuff done. Love guilt -- one of the best motivators for me.

Terra -- Is it cooling down for you yet so that your walks are more comfortable?

Heading off to the gym for the first time in weeks. Going to take my BIL to PT this afternnoon, power wash the deck, and start working on sorting through pictures for scrapbooks for my nephews. I've gone back on Intermittent Fasting so I have some hope of getting my eating back under control. It worked so well for me last time I was serious and it's definitely time to get serious!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #154  

Doc reports have been OK on the blood clots/thinner front, but my A1C was higher than she liked. Currently taking metformin and trying to watch carbs...

Hoping the next test is much better.

Dean
Old 09-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #155  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Shan...welcome. I had an insight into Eastern attitudes to bigger women when I visited Japan a couple of years ago.....I was truly uncomfortable and had to be really careful where I sat to have a coffee as the chairs were often made for bottoms ALOT smaller than mine! How awful to have such a long drawn out final journey for your Mum. I was in the hospital for a very short time when my Mum was really poorly and I can't imagine how emotionally draining it must have been. Big Hugs xxx
Betsy: how many hours do you have in your day? You seem to achieve more before breakfast than I do all day!
Fiona my lovely....hang in there. This will pass, you know it will, the sun will shine again soon.
I am off to take my puppy to Training Classes shortly.......she was great last week, it was me that messed up! Still struggling with my half empty nest but (thanks Ubee) spending as much quality time with my 9 year old as possible!
Hi to everyone I haven't personalled!
Donna
Old 09-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Shan84 Welcome to this thread! You have come to the right place. No doubt will we help keep you accountable as much as possible. Everyone here is full of love, even the tough kind we need from time to time. I am sorry you lost your mother at a young age. I lost my dad when I was 4 and even after him being gone for almost 24 years, it still hurts. I hope you'll stay awhile, the more people here the better! I hope you are having a great day and thanks for sharing your story with everyone.

BB Sounds like the weather is treating you nicely in your part of the world ....It's been rainy and cloudy here since yesterday. I don't mind it though...It's getting me prepared for the fall weather which I love. I too have decided to lose this weight once and for all so that I can hopefully have a baby. I have PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) so it is going to be hard enough to be able to conceive, I don't want my weight to get in the way...My DH also has a hormone imbalance so it's going to be double hard for us, but I'm not giving up hope just yet.

Dean Oh the 50s sound so lovely!! It's cooler here today...actually got to wear a sweater to work but I'm ready for it to be a little cooler out. Hope work wasn't too stressful today.

Betsy I really am focused again...Ever since my friend died I don't think I've been the same...It really did take a toll on me. I didn't even think that it was the reason why I've been a little slack with everything...even though I've been working out...I need to be 100% because 80% just isn't cutting it for me. Sounds like you still have a lot on your plate with getting ready for winter, BIL, etc...Just make sure to make time for yourself as well

Donna Hope the training class went well today...Don't worry about the nest being a little empty....You will be ok, and she will too ...Just look at it in a positive way and you can now hopefully have a little more me time to focus on what you want to do with getting healthy

Well today I woke up with a terrible migraine and didn't come into work until 11:00. My nose was kinda stuffy yesterday too and now today its running and my throat feels sore....I really hope this isn't going to turn into a nasty cold with all of these upcoming responsibilities getting ready to be here after this week. Either way I'll have to push through because 1, I need the money, and 2, it will put more experience under my belt.

My work out at home last night went really well...I actually have missed working out at home so tonight I'm going to do it again since it's raining out, I really don't feel like going out in it. I haven't even heard from my work out buddy to see if she even wanted to go to the gym tonight...I guess maybe she's on a hiatus...who knows. Going to try and maybe do the gym tomorrow if weather is ok...or maybe DH and I can go on one of our walks that we both miss so much. I'm trying to focus on getting more cardio back in my routine and still fit in some weight lifting. I know being a cardio bunny will get the weight off but I also need to remember I need the weight lifting to tone so I don't have so much hanging skin. So far my skin isn't too bad and I think the most I'll have it will be in my stomach...hopefully I'll get it toned right to wear a bikini next summer...How awesome would that be?

Last night I roasted a red onion, a small pumpkin and it's seeds for salad this week. DH was kind enough to throw together a yummy salad dressing consisting of peach, roasted red onion, balsamic, olive oil, salt and a smidge of sugar. The salad was mixed greens with chicken breast, pumpkin, tomato, onion, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese with the dressing....It was absolutely delicious and I can't wait to have it again tomorrow for lunch. Tonight we're making a chicken pot pie with some left overs. DH is going to only put the crust on top of mine so that I limit the intake of carbs. I haven't had a home made chicken pot pie in so many years I'm pretty excited about it and he's going out of his way to make a healthy version for me which makes me feel so loved <3.

Well I guess I need to change out of my work clothes and get ready to work out...May as well get it out of the way so that I can relax the rest of the night. I hope everyone has had an OP day...Just take it one day at a time, and try your best...That's all we can do right?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #157  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

shan84 ~ Welcome to the thread

Betsy ~ I hope it will start cooling off now, Today is suppose to be the first day of Fall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got great news I went to my monthly doctor's appt. today and my doctor said I've lost 24 pounds since I started my weight loss journey in Jan. of this year, That is so exciting.

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-23-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #158  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Terra- Congrats on the 24 lb lost!

MissBB- China is not kind in general to slightly overweight people let alone someone of my size. Everyday I deal with stares, people taking my picture, children and adults pointing and laughing. It's a really hard life here and I would not recommend it to anyone my size. Having said that though, I love teaching internationally and my students are great and that's why I put up with it. Plus, its cool to admit but I travel the world and it took me doing so to find the love of my life. My BF and I will celebrate six months together next week. Looking forward to it.

mountain walker- Yes, Japan is very similar to China. For the most part I have learned what restaurants I can eat healthy in and I know by the looks of which chairs to use and not use. It's unfortunate to live like that here but it is my reality and that's ok...for now. I've been six weeks on plan though and during that time the BF and I have only been out twice to eat. Everything else I have cooked and prepared for myself at home. So I feel really good. The calorie counting is working great, but I'm struggling with exercise right now. Trying to commit to 30 mins of DVD 5 times a week because that's what I did in South Korea and it worked great. I made an error in walking last Sunday that resulted in me full on blacking out. I had never experienced that in my life and I was terrified. I haven't done a DVD since Sunday because I am a little scared for something like that to happen again but I don't think it will. My plan tonight is to do a 30 minute WATP 1 mile video and a follow up oldie but super fun Richard Simmons dvd.

SamIam86- Thanks for the welcome. As I said in my previous post I heavily utilized 3FC before during my weight loss journey when I was in South Korea so getting back into the swing of things in this thread is really going to be so helpful for me.

I love coming on here first thing in the morning and reading up on things I missed overnight. The time difference for me depending on where you all live is basically between 16-19 hours. I live in the future!!! I think that is one of the coolest things to say about living in China. Haha. I had a great girls night last night with my best friend here in Chongqing. We have recently settled on Tuesday nights for our girls nights and we basically cook each other dinner trading off apartments and kick back and chat for hours. Last night was her turn and she is super thin and very compassionate and excited for my weight loss and super supportive. She made a great baked salmon and grilled veggies. It was fab and I was super impressed because normally I hate all seafood but last night was so great. Can't wait to make it myself sometime next week maybe. Hope everyone has a great evening/day.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
Just checking in. My day was crazy busy with weirdness.
Back to my chatty self tomorrow.
Hugs to all.
Welcome shan84! I hope we will become a place for you to heal and become the healthy woman that you are meant to be. My heart goes out to you.

Last edited by Ubee; 09-23-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:21 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 402/371/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Hi Hi everyone!

Busy busy day it was. Meetings about scripts, peer reviews on a couple of chapters of my thesis. Argh! But rounded it out with a couple of hours at the salon getting my hair done - sooooo relaxing. And have just popped some chicken on the grill for a healthified chicken caesar for dinner.

Betsy2013 - thanks for the welcome! I'll need a few of those kicks up the bum from time to time

SamIAm86 - I'm sorry to hear you have PCOS, it's not fun. I'm sure you and your partner will have a bundle of joy - it'll all be worth it in the end. I need to find a fella first I got out of a 4 year relationship at the start of this year.It's moments liek this where I realise "Oh thank god that didn't progress to the children-having stage..." would have been an absolute disaster!!!

Shan84 - Good on you for doing such brilliant and fulfilling work. I always wanted to teach English somewhere, just never got around to it. But yeah, China is tough on the size front. I found Vietnam totally humiliating though. I mean, it's a cultural thing, I get that. And the Vietnamese people I encountered didn't have a mean-spirited bone in their bodies... but still. It hurts.

Right. Time to check the chicken. OH AND I JUST REMEMBERED I HAVE THE DAY OFF TOMORROW.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #161  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Good morning/afternoon/evening depending on where you are! Aren't modern communications wonderful!
SamIam...what a lovely hubby you have being so on board with your weight loss journey! And you are doing what I should really be doing which is making healthy food really yummy and interesting instead of some kind of "dry bread and gruel" penance!
Shan: You sound sound focused with your journey, it can't be easy. Aren't female friends the best? I met up with my best friend of 35 years, who I hadn't spent quality time with for months, last week and although we must have drained the oxygen from the air we talked that much, there was so much we DIDN'T need to say...it was lovely.

Well, puppy training was much better last night! Maisy (cocker spaniel) is starting to have an improved concentration and I sort of know what I am doing now! It is Ringcraft as we are hoping to show her in a modest sort of way! It's another reason for the weight loss, too much of me jiggling around a show ring would not be a good thing!!
Spoke to my daughter this morning too, she is having a good time at Uni but is able to say no to wild nights of excess drinking as it is simply not her thing! She has a really low tolerance to alcohol and late nights and is being really sensible. The studying timetable for medicine is really intense too so she won't be able to live a wild life!
Have a great day my lovely friends,
Donna

Last edited by mountain walker; 09-24-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #162  

Made it through the day OK, and stayed on "plan", so it was a good day.

I've been stuck at the same weight for a few weeks, hoping for a "woosh" soon.

Coffee's on! hazelnut today with just a touch of cream.

Have a great day!

Dean
Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #163  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

A victory on the depression front! I track my moods according to a 0 down to -7 system, where 0 is no depression pain, -1 a small amount, & so on, and yesterday was a 0/0/0 day: no depression in morning, afternoon, & evening. That's the first all-zeros day I've had in about three weeks. =happy sigh=

I really think what's helping me pull out of this one is the "practice" (that's what he calls it) that my new Qidong ("chee-dong") instructor taught me. I've been doing it for a dozen times or more, often throughout the day, ever since last Thursday—the exact timing of my gradual climb out of depression. It's a simple motion-meditation involving breathing in & out, standing up, while moving my arms in a certain way. It really helps me feel grounded and centered, with the energy of my body flowing through me in a healthier way. I see my instructor again tomorrow: I'm eager to give him positive feedback, and curious to see what he'll come up with next.

I spent seven arduous hours yesterday making a collage, one that truly feels like an accomplishment. But I won't give y'all the link to it, because it's (1) purposefully hideous, and (2) all about the ugliness (in his work & his inner person) of a multimillionaire artist, Jeff Koons, whom you probably haven't heard of. Lucky for you if that's so!

Now if I can just return to doing my leg exercices every night, and add some walking, plus refrain from the overeating that crept in during my depression, I will really be back on track. =smile=

I'd like to resume doing personals, but today is not the day, since Bob just got back from a trip to the farm. We really need to spend some time together. But I'd like to greet MissBB and Shan, since I haven't had a chance to do so. Welcome to the 300+ Chat thread, gals: may your endeavors prove fruitful indeed!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #164  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Shan84 ~ Thanks, I wish in 9 months I would of loss more then 24 pounds but oh well its better then exercising and dieting for 9 months and not losing anything at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom tired to wake me up at 4 ish in the morning but I didnt hear her so I didnt wake up until 6:30 a.m. but anyway so far today I've had breakfast and I'm currently eating lunch, I'm about to workout to my dvd when I get done watching all of my shows on the DVR, I dont have alot of them left and then I'll eat dinner around 3 or 4 maybe even 5 pm and then at 6 or 6:30 I'll work out to my dvd again before I go to bed for the night, I did get my laundry done so now I'm just waiting for my boyfriend to bring them upstairs so I can fold them and put them away.

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-24-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Terra Awesome job on the 24 lb loss!!! Isn't that such great news to hear!?!?

Shan Your girls night sounds fun! I too am not a fan of seafood, especially salmon unless its in a fatty salmon cake lol....I miss having girls nights...my friends either have children to take care of now or are too far away to come hang every weekend.

BB Your chicken cesar sounds delish!!! Hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow!!

Donna I think if I didn't keep trying new things that are healthy I would lose interest and fall back into old habits. I know chicken pot pie isn't the healthiest choice to make but I know I could have had so much worse...I had leftovers tonight and it was delish! Glad you got to talk to your daughter and she's doing well at Uni!

Dean I had french vanilla coffee today with pumpkin spice cream..so good...I know what you mean about wanting the woosh soon...I've been suck around the same 3-4 pounds for almost 2 months...I'm upping my cardio so hopefully that will give me the woosh I need.

Fi So glad to hear about all the 0's!!! Glad that your Qidong is helping ....I haven't heard of that artist but you have me intrigued hehehe....Hope you and Bob have a great time catching up!

Ubee *waves* Missing you today lady!!! You just flew right on by but can't wait to catch up with you tomorrow!!

Well I have a cold I think...Stuffy nose, sore throat...had a migraine yesterday. Having a hard time breathing through my nose lol...I still pushed through it and worked out tonight. I decided to work out at home again...The weather has changed to the 60's and it's been raining all week so I really haven't wanted to go far. I miss the gym but at the same time I miss working out at home even more...To the point where sometimes I have contemplated cancelling my membership but it's good for weight lifting so I am going to keep it.

I'm trying to do more cardio and HIIT this week and see how I fair with my weight loss...I'm tired of being at a stand still and just want to push forward. I've also payed attention to how much water I am consuming daily and trying to get my gallon in a day. DH mentioned about going on a walk tomorrow if the weather is nice. I'd really like to go to Conway to the Riverwalk..I miss going on the railroad tracks and the pretty view...Hopefully it isn't raining tomorrow but the way it looks, I highly doubt it. If not I'll just do some exercise inside.

Had left over chicken pot pie for dinner tonight..Was really good. Made a really good snack when I got home from work that DH taught me...I took a granny smith apple and chopped it up, put some cinnamon and a tiny bit of sugar with a tiny bit of butter and microwaved it for 5 minutes and it tasted like baked apples!! I think I need to finally try that coconut sugar that I have been meaning to try, I think that would be great instead of using real sugar...and maybe use a bit of water instead of the butter....I'll keep you posted on how that turns out....Tomorrow DH is going to make french onion soup...He's going to put a crust on his...I told him I just want the onion soup with a bit of cheese...I've never made french onion soup but I remember my mom making it when I was a kid and how much I loved it...DH is a way better cook than my mom (don't tell her shh...) so I'm sure his will taste way better than hers

I'm watching the preseason hockey game, Washington Capitals vs Boston Bruins...I'm a Caps fan...My family is originally from the DC area. I'm ready to curl up on the couch and finish watching the game...Hope everyone has had an OP day and take care of yourselves!! You all deserve the very best in life.
Closed Thread