Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning all - happy Friday!

WI this morning was a 2.5 loss. Looking forward to a productive day prepping to have some go to things ready. Ate dinner too early last night and I had a small bowl of cereal later in the evening.

Everyone have POP weekend plans ready?

Let's do this!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I have been consistently staying on plan, but I am changing my plan. Most days I do not eat breakfast and I find myself way under my goal for calories. Starting today I will be experimenting for a month by consistently eating breakfast and checking whether I lose faster or slower.

Discussing breakfast on 3FC seems to be similar to discussing politics or religion. Everyone has an opinion and everyone thinks that they are right. I don't know so this little scientific experiment is on me. I want to see if I continue to stay under my calorie goal does breakfast have any effect on my weekly weigh in.

I will let you know the result and I realize that my results have no relationship to yours, we are all different.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #63  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Yesterday was a good one. Ended up NOT meeting my points quota by a couple points. Not the best thing but I wasn't hungry and nothing called out to me.

I tried something new, and kind of crazy yesterday afternoon. My WW leader is always suggesting FF cheese sticks as a high protein, filling, 2 pt. snack. I'm not really fond of them but always have them in the house because I use them as treats for the dog when she's at agility class. Cheese pretzels and pizza are my downfall above all other things. I wanted a snack yesterday afternoon and thought about the cheese sticks. I put a FF free, mozerella stick on a paper plate and sprinkled it with a bit of oregano and garlic then nuked it for about 12 seconds. It melted and it was like hot stringy pizza cheese. It was a bit messy but it filled the void and killed the craving. SUCCESS!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Last edited by j-ann; 01-17-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #64  

Height: 5'7"

Judy string cheese has always been my favorite snack. I also love laughing cow. It's a quick snack that really hits the spot for me.
I'm not sure what today holds. I know I have some crocheting to do and the post office to get some in the mail.
Tomorrow will be church and then helping my daughter set up her kitchen. Her counter tops are going in today! I am so happy they are finally in the new house and maybe soon I can have my house back in order.

Heard another big cold front is due here around the 27th. Guess I will stock up this week for it.
Today starts my last week in my 40s I plan to have fun!!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #65  

Congrat's Carol! You are on a roll!

I was POP yesterday too. Overdid the veggie shopping. Looks like salad 2x a day cause I bought so much lettuce and I couldn't pass up the portobellos so will be having mushroom "burgers" too. And the broccoli looked fantastic and clean. I returned the fresh broccoli I bought at the local market 2 days ago. I've never had a problem before but this was so sandy that even after rinsing and steaming, it was like eating green sandpaper. YUCK! I called them right after I tried to eat it and they said they would check what was in stock.

It's snowing here right now. I shoveled about 3" of wet snow already. Our bitter cold should be here starting Monday. temps dropping into the single digits for several days. Brrrr.

Remember: The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Chinese Proverb
Old 01-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #66  

Thanks Judy - I do feel good right now. I'm trying really hard to not keep kicking myself for regaining so much of the weight I lost.

Thinking soup will be good tonight.

Let's do this!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #67  

Food is planned for the week and it will be op.
Cooking breakfast today but will eat light. Lunch will be late today so will skip dinner.
I can truly say I am tired of crocheting scarves. I am finishing up the yarn I have and stopping. I am nearing 150 made since Thanksgiving.

Weather appears to be dry for a few days here. I am so ready for spring!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #68  

150 scarves!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must have sore fingers by now Deb!

I had a very good day yesterday. No cravings. Healthy foods. Lots of veggies. I need to eat like this much more often.

I woke at 2 AM this morning and it took me an hour to get back to sleep. Woke again at 6:30. Visited the bathroom and sent the dog out to do her business. As soon as she came back in I told her "It's too early. Let's go back to sleep." She beat feet into the bedroom and by the time I got there the brat was curled up, with her head on the pillow, snoring! I made her move out of my spot and we both got in 2 more hours of Zzzz time. Guess we needed it.

I may do some Bald Eagle watching later. There are a couple local lakes where they congregate near open water and you can see up to 40 at one time. What a comeback from the decimation DDT caused this species in the 50's.

Lets all shoot for a great Sunday.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 PM   #69  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all. Had a rough week. Really wasn't OP until the weekend. This week will be better.

I did try to exercise a bit, and man, did I lost all the progress I had made. I couldn't get through more than 5 minutes on any of my videos. Well, tomorrow I will start working on that daily again. I think my knees will appreciate it.

Today I started working on de-cluttering this house. What a mess. It's been years now I've been trying to get this under control and not succeeding. My plan for the moment is to spend some time working on decluttering each day, but at all costs to maintain the progress I make each day--no new clutter enters the house.

Okay, tomorrow's a new week. Here's to an OP week for all of us.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:01 AM   #70  

Not quite ready to head back to work - one of those days I wish I had another day off. I'm sure I'll feel better once I get moving.

May be all in my mind but my dress pants don't seem quite so tight this morning.

Let's do this!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #71  

I ended up getting the day off. My little ones are sick.
Thinking hubby and I may go run around today since I have the day off. I'm sure it will include a meal out. I need to get a bday present for my grandson.
Dinner is planned. Yesterday was pop!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:35 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I have been POP all week but had no weight loss at my weekly weigh in this morning. I use MFP and most of the week it has been warning me that I am not eating enough. I have read where some dieters had to increase their calories in order to lose weight because their bodies were in starvation mode. This is probably only a weight plateau for me and it if so it will pass. I think I will wait another week and see what happens. I welcome comments and suggestions.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #73  

Another good day yesterday. That 2.4 lb gain last week sure scared me back OP.

We are heading back into the deep freeze today. It's the 3rd week in January which is usually our coldest week of the year.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:09 AM   #74  

Just started another round of antibotics. I just can't shake it!! This antibotic is strong and I have to eat a full meal to take it. Guess I will just eat 2 meals while on it.
Scales are the same.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #75  

Deb, Eat three meals. If you're sick you need a consistent source of energy.

Take it easy. Hope the new meds work.
Closed Thread