Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
Working, nice job getting below 300!!!!!
Betsy, I'm so happy you have Toby. Our friends with tails are always there for us. Glad you are feeling better. A Fib sounds scary.
Time4me, I'm hoping that pound is all water weight.
Silent, that is right. Forward and down we go. This weekend was another learning experience!
Fiona, you may be on to something. Thinking about it, I try to shut up my brat with food. I will try to listen to her with love. Time to treat myself as my best friend.
Today is going better. I walked 3 miles and gave myself credit for that. Two months ago I could only do one. I just had to give myself a push.
Have a good evening and let's alll have a great week!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

Hi everyone,
I don't often post but I do read a lot of the posts. It makes me know that I am not the only person out there that needs to loose more than a 100 pounds. The one thing I have decided that I wanted to share is that even if my final goal is met, I will still have to have goals to keep off the weight. It will be a life long fight that isn't easy but we only have to do it one day at a time! Make each day count! No matter how you get there, or how long it takes, don't give up! I'm right there with you!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #63  

Good Mornig!
Hi Red, I hope you continue to join us. The more we have sharing the more supportive it is for everyone. As you know having 100+ to lose is not easy and we all need support.
Red is right about goals. I have been in this same place with my weight for 4 months. Today I made a ticker for myself. Last year at this time was when I had my most success. It is a good time for me to kick it into gear!
How is everyone else doing?
Old 10-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Red and Ubee--you're both part of the reason that I keep coming back almost every day. I finally accepted that I need the support.

Ubee, you asked about how everyone is doing with the effort. I've been bouncing back and forth on the same 20 pounds all summer. I'm now determined that I'm going to be in the 320s and hopefully 310s by the end of the year. For some reason, I need deadlines as I get bored. The only difference is that this time I haven't just given up and regained it all. I truly want to get this weight off -- I can tell a huge difference in just a few pounds gained or lost in terms of how I feel, energy level, etc.

I'm hoping that having a new dog will help with getting me out to walk as I need to do that. Of course, walking Toby right now consists of him scampering all over the place, smelling every blade of grass, and generally wanting to play, but he's only 3 months old. It still gets me up and moving!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Ubee- that pound is still here.. but perhaps tomorrow...

Betsy- I agree, the support here is key...

How am I doing? Well today I had to do some actual Department Head stuff, which makes me feel a little weird... but I'm going to observe one of my staff member's lessons on Wednesday to offer some support and help with his students.

Also, I don't know if this is in my head or something, but my knees seem to hurt less when I climb stairs (please keep in mind on any given day I climb a minimum of 4 flights of stairs and sometimes as much as 10 if I have to do multiple trips...today was 9 trips up and down)
Old 10-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #66  

Betsy, as I said earlier I too have been bouncing around. A real life deadline helps, like a social event. I do not have any coming up so I am going to use my Christmas ticker on here to make me accountable to all of you. We have close to the same amount we want to lose by Christmas. Let's get there together. I will think of you when I start to drift to the dark side.
Time4me, I am so happy your knees feel better. I read that every pound is times 4 on your knees. Now they have 32 less pounds of strain on them with every step. I am also excited for your Christmas. I think it will be so fun to let everyone back home see the new you.
Come on everyone jump in for a visit. It is so important for success!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #67  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Another day of low-carb. I'm finding it easier to not eat anything after dinner. I'm not sure quite why, except that abstinence from cookies is of course a big help. I used to hop in my car at night and go get a sweet coffee drink and cookies at Starbuck's, and I'm not even tempted to do that anymore. The last couple of times I went to Starbuck's I just got a big decaf with half-&-half, nothing else.

Tomorrow is my monthly weigh-in day: the scale is down a steep flight of steps to our basement, so I find it easy to ignore the rest of the month. I'm crossing my fingers for a good number! I do feel a little bit lighter on my feet.

Ubee— Three miles is really impressive: you're my new role model! I actually think about you as I'm working up the courage to put on my walking shoes. I haven't done it yet, but soon I will... And I like your new ticker. I've read that setting up mini-goals is really helpful, so I need to get my head around that idea.

RedHeadLongLegs— Nice to meet you! I'm new here, but already I feel like I've found the supportive group I've been needing. You must be beautiful, with that hair and those long legs! =smile=

betsy2013— Good for you to be moving around with your new pal! His enthusiasm will inspire you, I'm sure.

time4me2change— I'm impressed with your doing all those stairs, and I know what you mean about how even a few pounds makes a real difference to the knees. My non-weight-bearing leg exercises (just leg lifts, a lot of them, one leg a day, alternating) have also been a huge help in that area.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #68  

Good Morning!
Fiona, I am impressed with you. Cookies and sweet coffee are an OLD standby. You help to remind me of how far I have come. Also, thanks for thinking of me when you think of taking those steps towards exercising. It motivates me to know I am encouraging others, as so many like yourself have encouraged me. How did your weigh in go?
I woke up this morning to a messy house. It must have been that way yesterday... It reminds me of how one day I finally paid attention to how much weight I had gained. How will I keep that from happening again?
How is everyone doing?
Have a good day!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #69  
rockin' my 60s!

Did my monthly weigh-in this morning: good news and bad news. The good news is that I lost 7 pounds, which means that I've now lost a total of 51. Yay!! The bad news is that I'm sitting right on 300. Isn't that annoying? I had wanted so badly to break into the 200s, but now I have to wait another month for that. My sweetheart is going to make a new graph for me: the graph is always up on the fridge, so I can look at it and stay motivated.

Ubee— Thanks so much for the support! I'm going to start walking this month: I just know it.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

@FionaW- I do the stairs because I must.... I live in a 2 storey walk up, and I work in a 3 storey walk up but usually only have to do 2 flights of stairs... I used to get incredibly winded, but now I am in better shape then the smokers who have to go up to the roof (my class is the floor below the roof)... so that's something!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Red- Looks like you are doing well!

Ubee - It's an eternal struggle I think, I haven't managed to kick it into high gear in a while. :-( I really wish I wanted this more. At least I have you guys!

betsy - Me too seems to be my stall point... lets say goodbye to this weight soon. You and me , I sure to hope!

time4me - thats is great about the stairs. No matter HOW many times I go up them, or hills it feels crazy hard. I can do a half marathon, dance my heart out at aerobics, etc but hills STILL kill me.

Fiona congrats on breaking the cookie habbit. That is so awesome!

Me - Struggling. I am fighting an infection or something I am always tired!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #72  
rockin' my 60s!

Another day of low-carb. When I went grocery shopping, I had two small accomplishments. One is that I didn't buy any peanut butter. The other is that I parked my car far from the entrance: altogether I had to walk four times the distance from my car to the store, because after I unloaded my cart, I took it all the way back to the front of the store. I walked briskly, so even though it was 60 degrees out, I worked up a sweat!

silent— I know what you mean about wishing you wanted this thing more. I struggle at times in my effort to keep a balance between accepting myself the way I am now (essential to my mental health) and desiring very much to change. I am very fortunate in that I have something that is powerfully motivating: I really want my 60s to be wonderful years, and I turn 60 in February 2015. I don't think, realistically, I can get all the way down to my goal weight by then, but I think I'll be close, if I can just keep my focus all the way.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #73  

Fiona, you are so strong! A whole month without weighing! I am so excited for you to be below 300!!! Happy you have a supportive husband. Keep up all your hard work.
Time4me, stairs are so hard yet for me. One flight is OK but more... Good for you!
Silent, good job showing up when you are struggling! We are here for you! I know what you mean about wanting it more. I took my teenage girls shopping today. It was the first time in decades that I looked at nice jeans and thought, I want to wear jeans like this someday!
I really want to break through my 4 month number. I am going to do it this week! I can do it...
Stay focused everyone!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning. It's been a few days since I posted, but I've been trying to work out some sort of schedule with having a new puppy. Even with working on housebreaking and the joys of those sharp baby teeth, I am thoroughly enjoying having a new furry friend around the house.

Time4me -- I'm in awe of how many flights of steps you go up and down each day. My knees make it that I have to do them one at a time. I keep telling myself that once I get below 250 that I'll get a knee replacement if they're still this bad. Glad they're easier and they're such a great way to get in some quality exercise.

Ubee -- In reading your yo-yoing this summer and just needing to want the weight loss more, I realized that we have the same pattern -- or close to the same. I start off the year doing great because it's the new year and mentally I'm in the game. Then I hit a lull and usually about July, I've just given up. This year I just kept losing the same 20 pounds over and over. Let's definitely shoot for getting off some more by Christmas. I'm definitely one of those people who does better with a goal to shoot for.

Fiona -- having the scale in the basement -- that's a good way to avoid all those scale issues that so many of us deal with. Good for you to be looking ahead and wanting to enjoy your 60s. You may not be to goal by your 60th birthday, but you'll have made great progress if you keep losing 7 pounds a month. And you are in the 200s. The end of each decade is the 0 number, so 300 is actually the end of the 290s. I know it's all psychological, but I'd go with it!

Ubee -- I laughed over waking up to a messy house and correlating it to realizing that we need to go on a diet. I can avoid cleaning up a messy house until it gets to the point where even I can't stand it. Guess the same goes for weight! Happy that you're looking at jeans and thinking about wanting to wear them.

SilentArctic -- sorry you're feeling under the weather. If you're getting a cold, a home remedy is cinnamon and honey mixed together. In addition to helping clear up the cruddy stuff, it also fights infections. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #75  

Betsy, glad to have you back. Does Toby like taking you for a walk? I hope so! The other night I was going to start snacking and I looked over at my cat, thought of you and Toby and sat back down. It sure does help to think of all of you and the lurkers too. I know if it were not for all of you I would have tossed in the towel at the first little stall.
Today turned out better then I thought. I have a stressful next couple of days. However, I decided to take it one day at a time and then even take the days in chunks. Guess there is a lot of truth in the one day at a time saying. I even got my exercise in. (Hi Fiona!)
How is everyone else doing?
Closed Thread