Old 06-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Default NEW WEEK... NEW NSVs

I just keep having new NSVs (non scale victories). I wanted to share and maybe make this a regular thread.

This past week:
I found out the seat belt in my pick up actually fit again.
I wore a pretty ruffled tank top to church (it fit so much better this year than it did last).
I have started pulling out tops that were too tight last year and I am wearing them.
I have stayed on plan with no slip ups (yes I had some sweets this week but counted every mouthful and did not go over my daily allottment).
I have walked at least 2-3 miles every day this past week. (It is so much easier to walk than it was when I started)

Now I hope to hear from everyone else and how their week went.
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Great job Pam! You are on a roll. It is very inspiring.

My NSV this past week was I noticed I have more energy and I am willing to do more.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #3  

That is Awesome Ubee!!! So proud of you!

Another one that I forgot to mention... I noticed that I have more room between my belly and the steering wheel. Most of the time you don't think about that until your belly rubs up against it. LOL...
Old 06-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #4  

I love your comment about the car seat. Last week I got in the car and thought 'Why is the seat so far back?" I must have been sitting weird when I was heavier to fit behind the wheel. Now that my stomach is smaller I can sit up straighter and need to pull the seat forward. I now also have more room between my belly and the steering wheel. (I had not noticed it until I read this thread. Thanks!) I must admit I did spend too long gazing at all the space.

Last edited by Ubee; 06-18-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #5  

I know... it is such a wonderful feeling... especially when you barely fit behind it for so long (in my case)!!!

Congratulations on all your hard work and dedication!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #6  

Seatbelts fitting was a huge success for me, too.

I wore a denim skirt for a graduation party, bare legs. In the past, wearing skirts was uncomfortable because of having to sit properly and my upper thighs sticking together when I walked. I decided I could suffer through a short graduation party. Much to my surprise, there was no skin sticking together! My legs brushed together as I walked, but they are not permanently plastered together in the upper-thigh area any more. I was so comfortable and pleased about it that I went and walked around Target for an hour.

I love folding my hands and noticing that they feel more "bony" now, crossing my legs and not feeling pressure in my abdomen.

I think the normal-sized people think I'm one of them.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #7  

Hyacinth, a denim skirt! Great NSV! I barely even remember being able to wear one. Something else to look forward to. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #8  

Hyacinth - I agree with Ubee... the denim skirt is a great NSV... I am looking forward to that one as well...

But my favorite comment was "the normal-sized people think I'm one of them." I just love that... people of normal size just do not understand what we go through unless they have been large or been really close to a large person day in and day out. It's hard for them to understand why we might not want to go to a restaurant because the seats there have arms and they are not wide enough to accommodate our bottoms, or why we insist on having a table instead of a booth or why we might not want to go to a stadium or arena. At one point I got to where I dreaded going somewhere if I didnt know what kind of seating they might have.

In fact, at the school I work at I would never sit in the auditorium seating because I didn't fit. The last day of May I was helping the Seniors and principal practice for graduation and on a whim I just sat down in one of the seats there and I fit! I FIT!!! I could not believe it.

So I am getting there as all of you are too. We can do this!!! I believe that!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #9  

This is scary... This morning I was telling my husband I wanted to go to a ball game soon. I immediately wondered if I had been avoiding it because of the seat issue. How sad if I have been using other excuses about not going when really it was my size. Sorry about getting off topic.
Pam great NSV fitting in those nasty little seats!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
I immediately wondered if I had been avoiding it because of the seat issue. How sad if I have been using other excuses about not going when really it was my size.
I am pretty certain that is a reason I have made over the years for not going out and doing things. In September I am supposed to go to a Women of Faith conference in Dallas and I kept putting it off on making a decision because I have been afraid of not being able to fit in the seats. It was at the first of the month that they needed to go and my friend kept saying "I really wish you would go" that I finally said yes for sure. Now I am think by September the seat thing will not be an issue.

So another NSV... losing weight and changing your lifestyle gives you a completely new perspective on life. I already knew that but it is like I just had an "aha" moment.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 353/340/299 (for now)

Height: 5'5"

Mine was yesterday - I was able to button this cardigan across my stomach and instead of it looking like it was holding on for dear life (lol) it looked...normal. :~)
Dreamgyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #12  

Dreamgyrl, pretty soon it will be just too dang big.

That reminds me of another thing worth mentioning, not so much a NSV but a Warm Fuzzy: Passing on boxes of clothing I've grown out of to women who need them. Getting a mother lode of decent size-24W clothing is a blessing that few realize. If you don't know someone who needs it, a local women's shelter or Dress for Success are good places to donate (Dress for Success is a non-profit that pairs professional clothing with people who don't have the resources for it).
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #13  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

Well.. hopefully this is allowed. I don't have an NSV to tell you, I have one to show you.

Taken around the first week or two of May

Taken today
wheezypi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #14  

Dreamgyrl, WTG on the cardigan! I hate sausage looking clothes on myself. I have a cardigan in waiting...

Hyacinth, you are right finding size 24 is a blessing to those in need. There are always boat loads of smaller clothing but larger sizes sometimes feel like a needle in the hay stack. I love passing on clothing that is now too small. I bet it will be a fuzzy feeling for those in need when they get nice newish clothes. Good job!

Wheezypi, WOW! WOW! WOW! You look amazing!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #15  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

yeah that's in about a month and a half's time... I must be doing something right. lol thanks!!
wheezypi is offline   Reply With Quote