Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #16  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone.. My first couple of days back OP were good.. I slipped yesterday because my mind wants to do what I've always done.. And that is whenver my son goes to sleep over at his grandma's house I want to come over and eat everything in site. It could of been worse, but my husband did not feel like going out to eat and I was gonna go alone, but decided to go to the store and look around. I ended up with tomatoe soup and sandwhiches which I ate two sadwhiches so not too good, but could have been worse. Then I at some cake that was left over from my baking for the holidays and I ate way too much.. So yesterday a not so good day for me, but I'm ok with it. I know why I did it and I think I will prepare for it next time. I work the next 3 days so I know it will be hard, but at least I'll be so busy I won't have allot of time to think about eating.

Watchoutforthatcar: I get exactly what your going through. Just please stay strong and eventually it will get better. It's frustrating when we have bad months and it will try to derail you, but don't let it happen.

Jane that sound exciting.. I love buying new clothes. I rarely get to and when I do I swear I buy the same boring stuff all the time.. I just feel like I don't look good in it so whats the point. What did you end up getting? Old Navy had some great deals on there clothes. I just ordered some jeans and tshirts and ended up sending them back because their sizes are huge. Never had that happen before where the clothes were too big by like 2 sizes.. I wish it was because I was losing weight..lol.. haha.. Hopefully that will come soon.

dgramie, what a great goal. I know you can do it. My whole life has been about losing and regaining what I've lost and then some. I figure one of these times a switch will click and I'll keep it off.. I sure hope so anyway. Good luck on your journey your almost there!!

Fatin good luck to you. Hope you see you here more.

Mnem, I didn't know they made a yoga for fat chicks. That's awesome. Exactly what I plan to do today before work. See what I can find on the Roku box that's worth trying excersise wise. Thanks for the encouraging words..

See everyone tonight or tomorrow morning. My first weighin is tomorrow so I'm happy about that..
Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #17  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Thanks for the yoga tip! I've been thinking about it!

Mnemosyme

I got a lot of dresses and cute tops. This is my favorite piece

Old 01-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 305.6/305/150

Height: 5'

Hi! I'm new here, and wanted to dive on in!

I started weight watchers (for the umpteenth time) on Monday, and will be goin to my first actual meeting tomorrow. I still had all the stuff from the last time I was a member, so just went with that. I do NEED the meetings, though...the accountability helps me!

I have been doing really well. Used a few weekly points, but still within my points and everything. Tomorrow will also be my first foray to the Y in quite awhile. I weighed myself today...I know, I shouldn't have...and i've only lost .6 lbs in the past three days. I guess that's good, but I usually lose more drastically when I first start. I guess I'll take a wait and see approach...

I'm excited to get to meet everyone!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

Im pumped..im back to my prechristmas weight!! Now time to move it downward from there. I have been playing wii alot and I am truly sore from boxing and bowling. I may add in my minitramp for some lower body work this week. Never dreamed playing a game would be such a work out. I may ask for the wii fit board and game for my bday.

I have alot of cute clothing that is just a bit snug right now...hoping to be in it by spring!!

Lets make this first weekend in 2013 POP!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #20  
the muse of memory

sassyangies - it is really hard to create new habits. Our minds and bodies have a sort of autopilot, and if you are used to going to your son's grandmother's house and eating when he's over there, that's what you do. I find that taking circumstances like that and thinking them through ahead of time and planning for them is really helpful to me. Of course, I plan loads - I nearly always have salads ready and cut veggies, and I know what I am going to have for dinner and lunch several nights ahead so I'm not tempted by take-out when I'm tired.

Oh, and the yoga for fat chicks is called Just My Size Yoga. I have not tried it yet, since I figured it likely still wasn't my size. But am trying it today.

Jane - that is a gorgeous dress! I hope your lovely things come soon!

I had a negative balance on a store credit card after returning some things, so I ordered a new dress, sweater and boots for myself. Anxiously looking forward to receiving them. Boots never work for me but these were $20 after applying coupons so I took a chance. I think the dress will either be awesome or awful and am worried about the latter. Mostly because I am short and on reflection I think it might overwhelm me.

Hi Christy! - welcome! I actually weigh every day, heh, but it is not for everyone. That said, weighing once could be influenced by anything. Time of day, some transient thing. Focus on changing your habits and you know the weight loss will follow.

dgramie - Wow! I'm so impressed, what a great gift. Back to your pre-Christmas weight and before the end of the 12 Days of Christmas! I still have 3 lbs to go!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #21  

Made it thru sat op...now repeat today!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #22  
Starting over sucks.

I don't do we'll in boots either, but its because I can't handle the heels. I'm wearing leggings for the first time ever because I'm going through sizes so fast, and I bought a pair of calf high suede boots to wear with dresses. They're gorgeous, but my god are they hard on the feet!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 305.6/305/150

Height: 5'

Hi! I wish I'd had time to get on here yesterday, but we had friends over. I like to only weigh weekly because I tend to beat myself up when I do it daily (the fluctuations KILL me!). Anyhow, I ended up only losing .2 for the week. I'm so frustrated, but I'm plugging ahead!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #24  

christy- some weeks are better than others but at least you had a loss!!

I had a good weekend. I went to a shower and controlled myself, I had a single sugar cookie and a cup of punch.
I had a super light dinner to make up for the calories from the shower.

We are having a heat wave this week, temps to be in the lower 60s by the weekend. I say lets have winter now and spring in a few months. I do know it will help with the gas bills.

Food today will be left over soup for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner.
I plan to get some exercise today but not sure yet what kind.
I fell asleep watching the new season of the biggest loser last night. Cant wait to finish watching it today.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #25  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies.. I hope everyone is well. I'm excited it's Monday and my work week which is Fri Sat and Sun is over and I was OP the whole weekend. I didn't even eat when I got home from work before I went to bed. This is so hard for me to do, but someone on here told me you just have to make the decision not to eat. I know it sounds simple enough but it wasn't simple.. I could never do that. I used to always have the mind set at work.. Ok when I get home I'm not going to eat.. I would ALWAYS eat when I got home. So to have 3 full days under my belt I feel strong. It's so wierd because I feel like I have to treat this like a disease and treat it like I need to do this or I will die. I honestly feel like if I don't get this under control I'm not going to live very long.. Anyway enough of my rambling..

Dgramie, to go to a shower and only have a cookie and punch is amazing. You did great. I'm still worried whats going to happen the first time I go out with friends.

Christiemarie, Awww girl. sorry the scale didn't move more for you. Don't give up. You can do this!!

Jane, I bet those boots look so cute probably with the leggings too. I love leggings and my husband hates them so everytime I try and wear them I feel wierd. He never says anything, but I know what he's thinking..lol.. Love them though..

Have a great Monday everyone!!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #26  
Starting over sucks.

Sassy,

I have to have a very very long dress or top to get away with wearing them. I'm way too big for that look, but at this point they're the only thing that fit for any length of time! The boots make me feel more covered up.

I bought some insoles for the boots today. I'm hoping that they will help ease the pain!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #27  
the muse of memory

Jane - the boots I've ordered have no heels. I still can't handle heels for most of the day, and generally live in my Clarks, but I have fingers crossed that they will work. (Still haven't arrived yet.) I have another pair of boots that have NO cushion. I put some insoles in them - you might try that for your suede boots? (ahahah, you already bought them! I hope they work!) Mind, I hardly wear those as they are red and I don't have much that works with them, actually. I am going to make a point of digging them out soon.

Christy - oy! hey, was that loss on YOUR scale, or the WW scale? if it was the latter, I'd treat it as an establishing weight, right? Different scales have different numbers, and even what you are wearing and the time of day affects how much you weigh. Keep doing it and you will be okay. I do weigh daily (sometimes even morning and night), but you definitely have to be Zen about the fluctuations. For me, I don't know. Seeing the numbers daily help me to convince myself that I really have lost 110 pounds.

Sometimes I have trouble believing it?

Congrats on making it through your shower, dgramie! I had a good weekend, too. My folks are going on vacation for most of the month of January (a cruise from Valparaiso, Chile to Rio di Janeiro, Argentina, with stops in Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay (at Montevideo), and cruising around Antarctica), so I helped them 'clean out' their kitchen last night. Which meant bringing in all the leftovers to work. I brought in a giant cheesecake, 2/3 of a leftover pizza, the remaining Christmas cookies, some crackers. Left them in my car overnight since it was cold outside so I would not have to worry about them in my house and my car totally smells like pizza now. Hah.

sassy - I think you are right that you really, really, really need to work at it in a focused way at first. It is so hard to establish new habits, but that is what you are doing. Once you have those habits in place it will be easier, but it takes at least a month to set new habits for them to get ingrained. You are doing great, though, congrats!

I have a tough week. I am a VITA (volunteer income tax assistance) volunteer. We do simple tax returns for people below a certain income threshold for free. So in addition to work this week, I have volunteer training EVERY NIGHT for 3 hours. They provide us with dinner but always take-out, so I've prepared dinners for the week already and will skip the take-out and just eat when I get home. But these will be very long days. I will skip one session to go to the opera on Wednesday night.

On the plus side, I haven't seen most of the other volunteers since last April and have lost most of my weight this year (70 lbs this past year, the other 40 before that) since then. So that part will be fun.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #28  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

I haven't worn a dress in I can't even remember how long. So I envy those who actually can. I actually love dresses I have since I was a kid. So I can't wait to feel comfortable enough to wear them again.

This weekend wasn't very good for me. Today has been totally on point and I plan to keep it that way. God willing.

Glad to see so many of y'all moving forward and doing well. I hope that continues for the week.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #29  

I love love love wearing dresses! I love sewing and cant wait to get small enough to make my own again. I dont like hose so I mainly wear dresses in the summer months.
Well yesterday my daughter and I sat down and made out her wedding invation list along with the shower list. Fun FUN but I do think it will help keep me focused.
I drug out the old mini tramp and jumped yesterday.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #30  
the muse of memory

Hah. I love wearing dresses too! As long as they are short enough, but not too short. Actually, skirts/dresses were my standard before my first big weight loss years ago. Then I was able to fit into pants/blouses so I started wearing almost exclusively pants. Now I am wearing dresses again, though only sometimes. It is hard to find dresses in my size that flatter me and are not so long that they feel frumpy. (I do have one maxi dress that I like, but it is a summer dress and not entirely work appropriate.) Heh, the black dress I am wearing today is that length (lower-mid-calf?) but it is black and basically a background dress so hardly noticeable.

I think dresses wear better through sizes than other clothes, too.

Oh, though dgramie - I like wearing tights, so I prefer wearing them in the fall/winter/spring.

car - I hope you feel comfortable wearing them soon!

I have lost my holiday regain as of this morning. Plus my first additional genuinely post-Christmas pound. All this was helped by my cycle. I always lose at this point in it, and it is ending now so I expect the easy bits are over. But! I am very pleased, nonetheless.
Closed Thread