Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 372.9/352/162??

Height: 5'8.5"

Default *Sigh* Returning... finally...

So, I was using this board and losing weight in 2010... (I also used fitday.com). I had lost about 40 lbs, and then my father died suddenly and I basically went completely off my plan... Then I moved, was unemployed for a while, etc blah blah. Gained and hit my highest weight EVER last month. That was a kick in the butt to get back on plan and I've lost 16 lbs in the first 2 weeks, so I am here for support!
ChunkyDunk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Welcome back, CHUNKY ~ life's stresses can do that to us, but the important part is that you keep going. You can turn this around and continue on in your WL journey ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #3  

Thanks So many people on here are such an inspiration... and I know I was motivated by some of the things that were done on here before (tracking goals, etc).
Old 12-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #4  

Welcome back!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 AM   #5  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Welcome back, we're all here for you
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

welcome back...I remember you! I was about 30lbs lighter in 2010.I am sorry you lost your father and stuff. I lost mine this year but it was after a long struggle with health issues.

Last edited by dgramie; 12-06-2012 at 06:56 AM.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #7  
the muse of memory

Quote:
So, I was using this board and losing weight in 2010... (I also used fitday.com). I had lost about 40 lbs, and then my father died suddenly and I basically went completely off my plan... Then I moved, was unemployed for a while, etc blah blah. Gained and hit my highest weight EVER last month. That was a kick in the butt to get back on plan and I've lost 16 lbs in the first 2 weeks, so I am here for support!
Welcome back Chunky. As you can see from my join date, you made it back here much more quickly than I did. I lost a lot of weight back in 2004-2005. Then, uhm. Yeah. I gained back nearly all of it over the intervening years before I started losing again. Somehow, though I feel like this time it is permanent - I know what happened before, and I'm in a great place vis-a-vis my habits and my enjoyment of what I'm eating.

It happens to lots of people, but you are doing so great! 16 lbs in two weeks. Congrats!
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #8  

Thank you for the warm welcome I feel special that someone even remembered me... I recognize many of the screenames as well
Something a little different is happening this time...
I have a VERY sweet tooth- and THAT is my down fall... I usually don't struggle with being hungry too often when eating healthy, unless I really ate something awful and am left with no calories... My problem has never really been volume, but that I sometimes would eat a pint of ice cream instead of dinner... and by sometimes, I mean a couple times a week
I normally am more restrictive because I am AFRAID I will be starving-- because that seems to be the most common complaint.
But this time I had an epiphany- that I am not going to be like everyone I have talked to... that I am me, with my own unique problems!
When I realized that, I decided to allow myself to have my own regular treats... And I am starting to learn moderation, already... Normally I could sit down and eating endless sweets... but now I am forcing myself to have a healthy dinner first... and then "dessert"... (if I want it). I don't even want it every day...
I was thinking last week that my favorite cookies are out for the season (White Fudge covered oreos), and that I couldn't buy them because there are 100 calories in ONE, and I normally would eat like half a package in a day. But I bought them anyways, and feel happy to have just a couple. (No, I know that 200 calories for 2 cookies isnt a filling snack, but its a wonderful treat!)