Old 06-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Disgusted

Hello everyone. I new here and I don't quite know how this works. For starts my name is Christina. I am 21 years old. I am currently 350 lbs. Yes, I know; its bad for my age. My major weight gain didn't start till I was 18 when I lost my grandfather, who raised me. When I look in the mirror, I am completely disgusted. I wonder how could I let it get this this far out of control. This is my only body I'm given and I'm abusing it. I need the support and help. I hope people still use this site because you all look very supportive and thats what I need.
christinabby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/180.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi! im new here also. Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. When you look in the mirror don't be angry with yourself because you will just get more upset and discouraged ( I know myself). You need to just tell yourself your going to do something about it and use it as motivation. I tell myself everyday "one day at a time". You can do it! Your young and the fact that you want to change now is great! Just stay motivated and positive!
TheRainFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #3  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I am sorry that you lost your grandfather. *hugs* the best thing is that you realize that it is time to change. We are all in this together! What approach are you going to use?
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/223.3/150

Height: 5'4

You've come to the right place! Now is the time for a new start. You're young and you have plenty of time to take control and turn things around. I have seen people on here do amazing things....
corinthian314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: see WT

Height: 5'6''

hello and welcome!
once you look around this forum, you'll see you are not alone and other people have the same problems you have and you really shouldn't feel disgusted - we are all human and have problems and deal with them the best way we can, and it is not always best for us.
i started my journey at 292 lbs, it was overwhelming and the goal still looks so far away, but just starting the battle is liberating and makes you feel strong, not at all powerless as i felt before i started. what really helped was this forum, goals and mini-goals sub-forums especially. there are also support groups one can join - 300+ club, e.g. plenty of people here to help and understand you as we are all battling the same battle.
i wish you all the best!
quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffNeedsChange View Post
I am sorry that you lost your grandfather. *hugs* the best thing is that you realize that it is time to change. We are all in this together! What approach are you going to use?
Thanks. Uhm, i have completely changed my eating habits. I stopped on the junk food; which i rarely ate to begin with. I've started walking. I stopped drinking soda and began drinking more water.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by quince View Post
hello and welcome!
once you look around this forum, you'll see you are not alone and other people have the same problems you have and you really shouldn't feel disgusted - we are all human and have problems and deal with them the best way we can, and it is not always best for us.
i started my journey at 292 lbs, it was overwhelming and the goal still looks so far away, but just starting the battle is liberating and makes you feel strong, not at all powerless as i felt before i started. what really helped was this forum, goals and mini-goals sub-forums especially. there are also support groups one can join - 300+ club, e.g. plenty of people here to help and understand you as we are all battling the same battle.
i wish you all the best!
Thanks! I have subscribed to this thread because the people here seem pretty supportive. I know I shouldn't feel disgusted; but I do. Depression is kicking my ***(excuse the language). But, I'm ready for this change.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainFalls View Post
Hi! im new here also. Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. When you look in the mirror don't be angry with yourself because you will just get more upset and discouraged ( I know myself). You need to just tell yourself your going to do something about it and use it as motivation. I tell myself everyday "one day at a time". You can do it! Your young and the fact that you want to change now is great! Just stay motivated and positive!
Thanks! You guys are gonna make me cry. Lol. I've decided its best to start while I'm young because just putting it off would make it harder and my situation could get far worse.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #9  
Becoming a better me

S/C/G: 383.9/351.5/190

Height: 5'7"

Default in the same boat

I'm 24 and at about 350(after losing 30 lbs) so I know exactly what its like. I was at 340 at 21 and wish I would have done something about it then instead of waiting until now. I just want to let you know that you're no alone and that things will get better don't be so down on yourself-weight doesn't define you..its just an obstacle you have to overcome!! Good luck and feel free to message me if you would like
rj923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome Christina,

I am sorry for your lose. It is hard to lose someone so important to you, especially at 18. It is understandable that you gained weight. Many of us are emotional eaters so we understand. I think that it is great that you have decided to tackle this at your age instead of waiting until you are older.

You have mentioned depression. Have you seen a doctor for it?

It sounds like you have a good idea of what you need to do about diet and exercise. Just stick with it and be patient. I recommend setting small goals like losing 5 or 10 pounds. Then celebrate every goal here. Before you know it, those small goals will add up to many pounds lost.

You can do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #11  
Fatty-atty-umpkin

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandfather. It is difficult losing someone so close to you. But I'm sure that your grandfather would not want you to abuse your body. I was in the same boat as you (high weight of 330 lbs) and I felt like everything was hopeless and that I was destined to be miserable. It just takes a few supportive friends (which I know you will find here) to help turn that thinking around.
kc82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 311/301/150

Height: 5"6"

Default Welcome!

Welcome Christina,

I know how you feel. I think everyone has looked in the mirror and had the same thoughts. It is hard. But the loss of your grandfather is making it harder. Try to take it one day at a time. I also agree with the other posters who suggest that you maybe get some therapy.

I started by having a goal of 1 pound lost. Yeah I know that is odd. But it was hard! It took weeks for that first pound to come off, only to have it jump back on! I ended up getting help from my doctor with phentermine. It has been the only thing to work for me so far. And I'm glad because like you, I have tried every weight loss program out there. My next option was surgery. I had already been to the consultation, and was starting to save money up for it.

You can do this! And the folks here on this forum are so supportive! Please keep checking in with us!
trf0ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #13  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm new too! My name is Laura

I joined yesterday. Holding onto shame and guilt will only make you feel hopeless. Hope is all you need to feel like you can do this. You can, but you have to believe it or you won't have the confidence it takes to get it done. It won't be easy but you will have all the support you could want on this site. I discovered that right away. Just take it one step at a time. I started my diet a few weeks ago. On fathers day. I stumbled a bit and gained 5 lbs during my bday weekend but I just steamed ahead, knowing I can do it. My goal is to lose 165 lbs. That's half my body weight! But as of today I am 10 pounds closer to that goal. Good luck to you, and Welcome!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #14  

Awh thanks. I've only been here for about a week or so and have found many supportive women.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #15  

I haven't seen a doctor about it because I don't have insurance. I know, bummer. I'm currently trying to get insurance though. I use to be on Zoloft but after about 3 months or so, it wasn't helping so I stopped taking it.