Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #1  
... and I am a chocoholic

S/C/G: 336/Tracker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default feeling down and frustrated :(

I've been super good on my diet, not had chocolate and cookies for almost 4 weeks, been exercising lots, even broke my record at weekend, went hiking for 1.5 hours without stopping which almost killed me. And not a pound lost so far this week My official weigh day is only friday but I'm so frustrated. the weight should be dropping off at my size. I was so down I actually ruined my streak and had about 120 cal of chocolate tonight and now I feel so guilty and just annoyed with myself.

Theres got to be more to life than this?!
lyndzro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Some weeks are just like that, I am short on time but in the long run the hard work will be worth it. You can TOTALLY work in 120 cals of chocolate into your plan if you want to. Seriously that will not derail you that much, just fight the hard fight, numbers are not always consistent on a weekly basis you MAY lose nothing this week but perhaps in a week or two you will see a big drop you can't know when the hard work will pay off interms of the scale... you have to believe in and have faith in your lifestyle choices to get you through the weeks where the scale doesn't pat you on the back.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/296/175

Height: 5'8

I had one of those weeks last week! I was doing everything right and that darn scale just wouldn't budge, but this week its going down...down...down!
Only thing I did differdnt this week was I added a probiotic to my multi vitamin in the morning. My doctor suggested it for better food digestion snd absorption of nutrients for energy, cause I was feeling blah after a even a small meal.
Overall so far, each week has been different...it seems a pattern of cycles, one week I lose none the next, but I am down 15 lbs in a month....and though I stress to on those "bad" weeks....it all works out...maybe its just how your body works!
Don't get to upset cause I bet next week you will see the scale going
In a downward trend! Hang in there....YOU GOT THIS! and that lil piece of chocolate in 4 weeks isnt gonna hurt you either....Just try to remember not to "feed" your emotions!
uniquelyme330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #4  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Some water weight in there somewhere? Is TOM near?

A few extra calories of chocolate won't ruin your week (which is building to a loss in the future). Get back on plan now, and I bet you'll be glad you did in a week or two when the scale moves down.

And yes, there IS more to life. What (not food) makes you happy? Indulge yourself in that. You deserve it for all your hard work this week.

Good luck, and hang in there!
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/302/150

Scales are evil. There, I said it.

Basically, my experience is that scales can be off by a little bit, sometimes just because of the clothes you're wearing or the time of day you weigh. Also, if you're building muscle then you may not be losing that much weight but you WILL be shrinking, and the weight loss will show up in greater numbers soon. It might be water weight, too.

Forgive yourself the chocolate. You're doing good work and you know it, and the scale will show it soon, promise.
stranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #6  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

I recently got annoyed with my scale and ignored it for a month. Weighed myself the other day and had lost 10! Ha ha. I scared it. It's seen me take out the garbage...
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #7  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Red face Stay strong!

You can do it! I felt like you last monday and tuesday after going waaayy waaayy off plan for 4 days when we had relatives from out of town staying with us and my birthday fell during that time. Too much eating, celebrating, drinks and birthday cake. Even when I got back on track I wasn't seeing results. And I was so tempted to cheat. In fact, i did cheat. I exceeded my WW points both of those days. But wednesday I started feeling better. And then soon I was doing better. Staying on track isn't easy but hang in there! We're here for ya!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #8  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

I do also think a little of what you enjoy (in this case chocolate, Dairy milk I do hope ) is good for you. Its unrealistic to say you are never going to eat something you enjoy again, its just learning portion control. You did that and havent ruined all of your hard work.

Im from Blackpool, so hello fellow chocolate lover I moved to Finland about 12 years ago but I still go back a lot with my little ones. The lidl over here does amazing dark chocolate. Around 100kc for a good quality chocolate hit.
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote