Old 08-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 381/327/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Fatigued all The Time - Food/Vitamin Suggestions??

I need help with this -- I wake up tired every day, and just feel tired all the time. I have sleep apnea, I toss and turn all night, then finally fall into a deep sleep and sleep late every day. When I worked I got up at 5:45 every day with no problem. I've become inactive -- try to get some walking in, but I've got problems with my back and legs and use a cane, so when I do walk, I huff and puff.

Any suggestions on drinks/veggies/vitamins that may give me a boost? I'm so tired of being tired!!

Thanks.
noregrets4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #2  

If it were me, I would get help with the sleep apnea. It would do a world of good. Nothing worse then being sleep deprived.
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #3  

Read up on Low GI /High GI foods, I was much the same as you, and this way of eating helps wipe out 95% of the fatigue.

Also, are you a woman "of a certain age"? This is a classic pre-menopause issue.....
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #4  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

I agree that checking into the sleep apnea is critical. I used to be tired ALL the time before I was diagnosed and started using a CPAP. I know it sounds weird wearing a mask all night, but it was no time before I became used to it. I've been sleeping with one for 2 years now and I wont even take a nap without it now. Otherwise I wake up exhausted, feeling foggy, and with a headache (all from lack of oxygen). It can also be a very dangerous condition because you really arent getting the oxygen you need all night.

Also, I would have some bloodwork done. I recently went thru a period where I was just exhausted all the time. I thought it was because I was working a lot and not getting my usual 8 hrs every night. I found out that that was part of it, but that I also have a severe vitamin D deficiency, which had been going on for quite some time. I now take 4000 IU of vitamin D and am starting to feel better. HOWEVER, I will say that this dose is quite high so I would recommend discussing it with your Dr before you start taking that high of a dose.

Thirdly, and I know you probably hate to hear this (as I did when I was 443 lbs), it really is important to get out and at least get *some* movement in. Even if its walking to the end of your driveway and back 3 times. If you can start doing just 5 minutes of exercise, pretty soon you can bump it up to 7, then 10, then 12, then more and more. Going for a 30 minute walk wont come overnight, you have to work at it. Also, I dont know what your physical issues are, but I have a herniated disc in my back that used to stop me from walking and still gives me pain. What I have found is that the more movement I get in in a day, the better it tends to be.

Good luck to you, I hope you can get some answers and work towards getting this resolved.
VioletSwerve is offline   Reply With Quote