3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Let's get out of the 300's - #2! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/236918-lets-get-out-300s-2-a.html)

Lovely 06-30-2011 09:34 AM

Let's get out of the 300's - #2!

Hey guys!

I noticed we passed 500 posts in the last thread, so I figured I'd start up the new thread, so the mods can close up the old one.

Here's the old thread for reference: Older Thread

Let's get out of the 300's!!!!

Haley8203 06-30-2011 12:24 PM

Vortex_VVV- thank you!
Lovely-ha! i actually haven't had real vermont syrup in years, i usually don't eat things that require syrup. do you do WW at home or do you go to meetings? i just do it at home. the meetings never helped me.

I think my goals for July will be to keep going to the gym 3 days a week and walking with my neighbor 2 days a week and next week start doing weights 3 days a week and continue to log my food on ww online.

lynnie923 06-30-2011 03:49 PM

Well its the end of the month and we are going into July. Maybe I will get out of the 300s this month.

geoblewis 06-30-2011 05:39 PM

Ladies, I'm taking the new thread as a sign...I've weighed in at 299 for two days in a row (even with TOM unexpectedly showing up a week early), so I'm saying adios to you all, or rather au revoire (till we meet again on the 290s thread).

Thanks to you all for all the support and the love! I have loved this group! :hug:

Haley8203 06-30-2011 06:41 PM

geoblewis-Congrats!!!!

lostbutstilltrying 06-30-2011 06:46 PM

lovely - thanks for starting a new thread!

geoblewis - YAY! we shall miss you of course! and hope to join you soon!

lynnie - I too would like July to be my month, let's go forward together!

Haley - you are so dedicated, what wonderful exercise goals!

silentarctic 07-01-2011 10:58 AM

I'm back! Okay so I don't know what that, a reaction to external stressors? Combined with a little hormonal imbalance or something? And next to no alone time to write anything? Anyhew even if its just for the next three days I should be more present... I heart long weekends!

I finally got up the nerve to step on a scale and it says 315 morning weight (last night in full jeans etc after all day it was 319)...

So I can breath a LITTLE. I mean I didn't gain that much during my little struggle. I still mostly ate in moderation compared to my old-old habits. But I couldn't really work up the energy to work out. I don't know if I have that yet but...

I am here, I am 15! lbs away from Two Town, and ready to care, again! Thanks girls for being here to come back to...

xoxo

Georgia congrats and bon voyage! ;)

SocialDeimos 07-01-2011 11:32 AM

It has been a week. My brain has been swamped this week; we are thinking about moving, trying to find reliable childcare for my 1 year old, and this morning I get a call that my thyroid has.. well quit I guess, so they are quadrupling my meds.
But today was weigh in day, and nothing was gonna stop me from my date with my scale.
303.2 (hot dawg!) -7 more lbs this week (and if I can do it... really anyone can)
:jig: (for my first ten+ pounds lost!)

I had set my july goal at getting to 299.. I am wondering if I should go with it until I get there, or ammend it now. Any ideas?

Hope everyone is having a great week and seeing great progress!

lostbutstilltrying 07-01-2011 11:58 AM

Social - Wow! congratulations on the 10 lb loss, that is wonderful! I think you should leave it as a July goal until you get there. You can update your goals as needed for the end of the month.

Silent - welcome back, we all have little bobbles, its how we pick up and go on from that that shows we are making changes for life. You can do it!

Lovely 07-01-2011 12:44 PM

Hey gang! Happy Canada Day ;)

Haley - I'm not attending meetings at the moment, sadly they aren't convenient to get to for me right now. I actually liked them, but I'm doing alright while leaning heavily on 3FC and the WW site. It's all good =)

Lynn - You've been doing awesome! :hug:

Georgia - I know you're out of the 300's, but don't forget about checking in when you can! :hug: Now get your 290's on! *gives you the boot!*

Lost - :wave: :hug:

Silent - :hug: So glad to have you back :yes: You are SO CLOSE!

Social - Nice going! ^-^ July could still be your month to get to 299! I'd probably keep the goal, and then re-evaluate as you need. WTG!

Doing nicely myself. Enjoying some nice weather, windows open, air flowing through the apartment.

I've been trying an experiment that I heard about this week. I'm weighing myself daily and going to average it on Monday to see what the difference is in the average from what it shows on the scale on Monday. Just a curiosity! And who knows? It might be fun to compare averages to the weekly number I'm getting.

KerriLeah 07-01-2011 10:28 PM

OK, I'm 24 pounds from getting under 300 after my weigh-in at the clinic today for my appointment. My ticker is wrong, but my profile on the left is correct. Gotta figure out how to fix my ticker.

Social: Hang on to your current goal! Then you can set a new one, definitely after you hit it. Awesome being so close!

Geo: Awesome job. I cannot wait to say what you just did! I don't know when I saw 299 last, if I ever saw it and didn't just keep on flying right past it. Congrats!!!

lostbutstilltrying 07-01-2011 11:38 PM

Do you know that bit that mimes some times do where they pretend they are stuck in an invisible box - this is like that! I want out! I want out of this 300+ pound box! I am getting so close - let me out!

Vortex_VVV 07-02-2011 12:33 PM

Hey ladies, I'm back from a week and a half of traveling. Weight is the same as when I left. I'm going to be participating in a 100-day OP challenge beginning Tuesday, and I've been working on deciding exactly what OP will be. I've decided to set low, reasonable goals to get started, and adjust a little every 25 days. I sure hope I'll be leaving you all before I get through the first 25 days.

KK: Double-click on your ticker to change it--you'll need to remember the PIN you set up originally, though.

Congrats again to Geo.

Social: What a great loss. I'm with the others, though, I wouldn't suggest changing your July goal just yet. Slow downs do come to us all, and not always predictably...

Lovely 07-02-2011 12:51 PM

Hey guys ^^

I'm on day 33 of my 99 day challenge. I'm a third of the way through! Woot! And so far I've been following my food plan,and exercise plan every day!

lynnie923 07-02-2011 02:01 PM

Many its so humid. I was in BJs and I felt so exhausted. I hope tomorrow is good WI.

lostbutstilltrying 07-02-2011 05:38 PM

aaaarrrgghh ! Sunburned again! 2 applications of 100 SPF and a friggin hat! I think I need to just have my head dipped in plastic or something!

- oh well, the parade and airshow were great (the stealth bomber flew so close right over head!) 2 fun hours at the pool and now dinner and off to fire works! have a great OP day everyone!

geoblewis 07-02-2011 06:20 PM

Hey girls! I miss you! I'm still at 299 (four days in a row now!). Had a brief scary thought...what if this is as far as I can go?! Then I banished that thought from my head. No stinkin' thinkin'!

So, I'm going to motivate you some. I created a joint 290s-280s thread. A lot of the old gang will be there when you arrive (or not, if they're the sort of losers we all want to be). Looking forward to having you join us! Stop by for some encouragement. We're all still in the same boat.

t0rn 07-02-2011 07:40 PM

I hope you don't mind my joining in here! My main goal right now is to get out of the 300s,

haley8203 I'm sure you can make those goals, good luck! :)

geoblewis Congratulations!!

silenttarctic It's great that you're back into it! I fell off for a long while, but I'm back at trying again.

SocialDeimos Congratulations on the loss!

Lovely I've never heard of people doing that, but that sounds pretty interesting! I think it makes losing weight a little more fun when you experiment and try new things. :) Congrats on making it to day 33!

kkcurtin Sounds like we have about the same amount of weight til we're out of the 300s! Good luck, hun!

vortex_vvv Good luck with your 100 day OP challenge!

lynnie923 It's hard to do anything when it's so humid :(

lostbutstilltrying Ouch! At least you're having a good day minus the burn! :)

I look forward to chatting with all of you. :) I'm not on any specific plan, I'm just watching my calorie intake and trying to exercise every day. I have a habit of giving up and hiding, but I'm really trying to stick it out this time. So far, so good! :)

lostbutstilltrying 07-02-2011 11:35 PM

h t0rn - welcome, welcome, welcome! this is a group of great ladies all trying to fly out of those 300s! We can do it together.

Lovely 07-03-2011 05:31 AM

Lynn - Best wishes for your WI day!

Lost - Glad you had fun! Sorry you got all sunburned! >_<

Heya T0rn! Welcome to the thread! Glad to have you join us as we all work our way out of the 300's! :D I like little challenges, so I challenged myself to eat on plan and exercise for 99 days. I'll probably have another similar challenge after that. On plan days add up, and...well... that's my entire goal. Stay on plan. Be vigilant. And the weight will come off.

Georgia! - Thanks for making the joint thread <3 Hope to see the gang there soon! :D

I woke up way too early this morning, but I'm spending time just thinking and foruming. I'm doing well, I feel well. Yesterday I walked for a whole mile. Got all sweaty ^^ Love that.

It's a laundry day. Hopefully I can get a few loads done. =)

Haley8203 07-03-2011 09:28 AM

lostbutstilltrying- Thank you! I've decided to order Chalean Extreme for weights that way I don't have to make my own routine and I'll have other people to do it with, even though it's on tv lol Sorry to hear about your sunburn.

t0rn-Thank you! Good luck to you as well. I have that same habit I'm following following all of a sudden it's gone and I want nothing to do with anyone lol. There's got to be a way to keep it going right?!?!

Had a 3 lb loss this morning finally after weeks of weird fluctuations. I used all my AP and that seemed to help I'll try it again this week and see if I still get positive results.

lostbutstilltrying 07-03-2011 10:05 AM

WI .... 5 LB LOSS!!!! a week away from the scale to focus on the habits instead of the numbers was just what I needed, I am slightly less crazy and slightly more healthy! Yay me!

I am now at ... (drum roll please) ... 303! Getting so close! I can do it!

Haley - congratulations on the loss! 3lbs is awesome and great on track!, question for you, what is AP?

Lovely - Wow! a mile! I am still working on the steady mile! and I totally hear you about waking up early when your mind is determined to race over lists of things (included rights and wrongs) you're on the right track with trying to get something useful done with the time.

Lovely 07-03-2011 10:17 AM

Grats on the scale victories guys! Nice going!

t0rn 07-03-2011 04:20 PM

lostbutstilltrying Thanks for the welcome! :) Congrats on the 5 pound loss! :carrot: You'll be leaving this thread soon ^_^

Lovely Glad you're feeling well :) Congrats on that mile!! I've always liked washing laundry, but I hate folding it. Challenges sound like a great idea. I've been trying to think of some for myself, but I think I'd start out with like.. 5 days, hehe.

Haley8203 Woot! Congrats on the loss :cp: There is definitely a way to keep it going.

Lovely 07-04-2011 06:13 AM

Hey guys! Had weigh-in this morning. I weighed -exactly- 300.0 lbs :lol: Ha ha ha!

Haley8203 07-04-2011 09:29 AM

lostbutstilltrying-oops sorry AP is activity points in weight watchers. when you exercise you earn extra points to use or not. Excellent on your WI!!!

t0rn-Thanks :)

Lovely- Wow! So close!

lynnie923 07-04-2011 10:29 AM

Welcome Haley!!! Today I am not feeling so hot but I bet I lost a couple of pounds from having an upset stomach all morning.

Happy 4th to you all.

Lynn

KerriLeah 07-04-2011 10:52 AM

GeoI feel your pain! TOM is a PITA! I just started getting the DEPO shot last week again. I haven't used it in a few years, but I sure don't miss having a TOM thanks to it. I just hope it doesn't hinder any weight loss (though it hasn't in the past).

Lovely Congratulations!!!! It's awesome to stay OP as planned and for so long. That's wonderful. What is your diet plan that you follow?

Lynnie Humidity is terrible. Texas is horrid right now, not humidity so much, as we can't seem to get a drop of rain around here for the past few months. So dry that there won't be any fireworks around at all. I went out yesterday to go grocery shopping-- by 11am, the bank thermometer said "100".

Torn Hiya!! I'm a newbie in these parts as well. I was a long-term lurker for several years on 3fc. I'm so ready to be out of 300s-- I can't tell you how badly!

~Kerri~

lynnie923 07-04-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkcurtin (Post 3919878)
GeoI feel your pain! TOM is a PITA! I just started getting the DEPO shot last week again. I haven't used it in a few years, but I sure don't miss having a TOM thanks to it. I just hope it doesn't hinder any weight loss (though it hasn't in the past).

Lovely Congratulations!!!! It's awesome to stay OP as planned and for so long. That's wonderful. What is your diet plan that you follow?

Lynnie Humidity is terrible. Texas is horrid right now, not humidity so much, as we can't seem to get a drop of rain around here for the past few months. So dry that there won't be any fireworks around at all. I went out yesterday to go grocery shopping-- by 11am, the bank thermometer said "100".

Torn Hiya!! I'm a newbie in these parts as well. I was a long-term lurker for several years on 3fc. I'm so ready to be out of 300s-- I can't tell you how badly!

~Kerri~

Well being that TOM is here I am freezing cold here in the AC when any other time I am comfortable. I have socks on my feet right now. I was supposed to get drunk tonight but can't because I am sick to my stomach..... Oh how I am going to miss eating potato salad today maybe???? lol

Lynn

scrappygal 07-04-2011 03:46 PM

Hello all! I just joined 3FC today, but I would LOVE to join in on this thread. I have to lose about 18 pounds before I make it out of the 300s, but I am SO ready to be in the 200s. I can't remember the last time I saw them.

I would love to walk this journey with all of you if you'll have me.;)

lostbutstilltrying 07-04-2011 04:09 PM

scrappygal - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME - this is an awesome thread full of great people, solid advice and loving support from those who have been there too! You can do it! We can all get out of the 300s together!

lynnie - I am the same, its a roller coaster of blankets and footies and crank up the AC - let me jump in the freezer - this past TOM, DH asked me if I was starting menopause! Hang in there the blues won't last forever!

Lovely - I think your scale doesn't want to leave this thread because it will miss us :) But tell it that it is OK, because we will all be going to the other side soon!

As for me, I got up for the small town parade that marched practically by our front door this morning (even in the rain!) - I thanked the policemen, firefighters, EMTs and soldiers as they marched by - heroes all! I also got to cheer the boy scouts and girl scouts and our local schools - it was a fun morning and DD got a bagful of candy (again!)

I only ate one baby tootsie roll! and had more BBQ for lunch and I stayed OP with fresh sweet pea pods and bbq chicken breasts! tonight will be more of a challenge as we will be surrounded by festival food again, fried oreos and snickers bars, funnel cakes and ice cream - maybe somebody will split a funnel cake with me? just a couple bites each?

Have a great Monday all!

Lovely 07-05-2011 05:34 AM

Hey everyone! :hug: all around!

Scrappygal - WELCOME! :D Of course you can come here and post with us! We're all just aiming for that 2-line! ;) Join in, and we'll help each other get there.

kkcurtain - I'm using WW to regulate my food intake, and just taking a walk on my treadmill every day. Sometimes yoga. Sometimes other little bits of activity. I'm a HUGE fan of the "little things add up" mentality. So even if I take the stairs, it's a victory in my mind.

Lost - I think you're right :lol: It's okay. I might be on the train to Two Town, but that doesn't mean I can't stop in the thread and visit. Nice going staying on plan for July Fourth!

I had a busy day yesterday. So ...much...laundry. I live on the third floor, washer/dryer is on the first floor. So it was a lot of stairs yesterday. A lot of hauling, and then folding and putting things away. Laundry here is expensive, but I'm trying to clean out some old clothes and donate things that I no longer wear. I'm also trying to get the husband to get rid of some things, too... but he's a mini-hoarder. He keeps things that I swear we will NEVER use, but he just won't get rid of them! *sigh*

I woke up extra early, again, today. Probably have more cleaning and clearing I can do around the house. Going to plan on that.

Have a good one, guys!

lostbutstilltrying 07-05-2011 05:53 PM

Man, it is hard to do this some days ...... things are so much better than they were when I started that there is not as much pressure on me to keep going, but I'm gonna persevere, I really want to get to be less than 300

Lovely 07-05-2011 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! Wanted to pop in quick and share something with you. I sometimes think "Oh, hey my dinner looks lovely." but tonight the colors were just bursting.

lol Forgot to say what it was... Roasted peppers and onions on the bottom, brown rice simmered in chicken broth (instead of water), and marinated baked chicken on top.

lostbutstilltrying 07-05-2011 08:47 PM

that does look really tasty, thanks for sharing lovely!

Vortex_VVV 07-05-2011 09:17 PM

Hey, gang. Had a good, relaxing holiday weekend. Starting the 100-day POP challenge. How many days will it take me to get to 299? Anyone want to place a bet?

Scrappy, welcome!

Lovely, I'm on the edge of my seat!

Geo: Hope to join you soon.

Angela

KerriLeah 07-05-2011 09:35 PM

Lynnie I would have loved to join you in having a few drinks, for sure! I seldom do that but certainly enjoy getting a bit sloshed now and again.

Scrappy Hi! I'm pretty new, too. Everyone around here is fantastic.

Vortex I'm gonna go with about 14 days to get there and get settled.

Lovely That looks divine! Colors are great and you put in all the veggies I love.

Lost You CAN do it. You're so dang close!!!

I was very proud of my food day today. My only "offness" to it was about 3 jalapeno Pringles at supper tonight. But I still stayed around 1600 calories. Last night would have been my night to FAIL but I stayed OP! My kiddo and I went to my boyfriend's sister's place for July 4th celebration, and my duty was desert. So I went to Wally World and bought a cherry pie, caramel apple pie and a dozen iced cookies. I cut it, served it, and didn't even lick anything yummy off my fingers!! Happy dance for me. And I didn't miss any of it.... I love days like that.

lostbutstilltrying 07-06-2011 08:18 AM

vortex - we are both so close! we can do it! I didn't even try the POP challenge as I am almost never POP, it is great you can do it!

kkcurtin - congrats on saying no to the pie and staying OP! great job!

Happy Wednesday all! I am working hard this week - challenged myself to 5 miles in 5 days to help push me past that 300 barrier (or at least closer!) so far so good, one day down - 4 to go!

Lovely 07-07-2011 08:04 AM

Hey gang! How is everyone? :)

Vortex - I'm watching that thread, too! I'm stoked to see so many people working to stay on plan for 100 days! That's THREE MONTHS of good habits! So many good things will come from that!

kkcurtain - That is amazing! That must've been a little rough, but you did so well!

Lost - Hurray for 5 miles in 5 days! Go go go!

Hmm... haven't seen a handful of people since we jumped over to the new thread. Where's Repto? Hope she didn't lose us!

I have a busy day ahead of me. Eye doctor, then picking out new glasses (this is gonna be fun!), then to the pharmacy, bank and out food shopping. Whew! I just had a great breakfast so I'll be energized for it, and I'll take my walk in the evening.

I tried my belly dancing DVD yesterday. It started working the arms... oh boy. I couldn't even make it through! My arm muscles are practically non-existent! :lol: But, it was good, and I can see doing it every couple days to learn the movements.

Vortex_VVV 07-07-2011 11:13 AM

Lost: We'll get there! I gave up trying to stick to plans that I couldn't stick to :) I've been making tiny little changes, one at a time, and keeping my plan something that I can actually do. That probably has everything to do with why my loss is very slow, but I'm feeling a lot more in control, which is a big change from the past. It also makes this challenge a great one, since the plan is all my own. My big challenge right now is getting that water in, LOL.

Lovely, I tried following Shimmy on TV at one point, but I couldn't get the hang of their schedule. Seemed like fun, but hard.

Okay, I'm off to get some things done today.