3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Let's get out of the 300's - #2! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/236918-lets-get-out-300s-2-a.html)

allison0102 07-10-2011 02:34 PM

Hi all!

I'm new to posting on these forums, but I have certainly found reading about everyone's progress to be incredibly inspirational!

I started out the year at 340, I have half -***ed been committed, and I am not down to 315. Planning on joining Curves this week and picking it up a notch!! I am so excited to be moving towards the 200's!!

Lovely 07-10-2011 02:36 PM

Welcome Allison! :)

Wow! Congrats on losing 25 pounds!!! That's fantastic! :yes: You're getting so close :D Let us know how Curves goes!

lynnie923 07-10-2011 02:45 PM

Welcome Allison!!!

Well ladies I weighed in at 314 again and measurements are pretty much the same. I can't seem to get motivated to exercise and I don't know why. I know it will increase the pounds loss immensely. How do I get motivated again to get this weight off and into the 200s very soon?

Lynn

allison0102 07-10-2011 03:56 PM

Thanks, Lovely! Will do! I am kind of excited about calling them tomorrow to get an appointment!

Thanks, Lynn! Let's lose your last 15 lbs together! You can do this! You have lost so much already and so you know you've got what it takes!

Lovely 07-10-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnie923 (Post 3929408)
Welcome Allison!!!

Well ladies I weighed in at 314 again and measurements are pretty much the same. I can't seem to get motivated to exercise and I don't know why. I know it will increase the pounds loss immensely. How do I get motivated again to get this weight off and into the 200s very soon?

Lynn

Firstly, even maintaining the loss you've had so far is AMAZING!

If you really want to add in a healthy habit, plan it out. If you want to get more active, then schedule something active into your day. Doesn't have to be anything big. Could be as simple as walking up the stairs an extra time for no reason. Schedule means that it's already planned out. If it's already planned out, there's no putting it off until later. Don't make it optional. Make it mandatory!

You can do this! You are doing SO well! :hug:

Sparkles1 07-11-2011 12:15 AM

Thanks Lovely, - it's good to be here!

Welcome, Allison! Glad you are joining us! Well done on losing the 25 pounds! I've wondered about Curves. I've been members of a few different health clubs, but never Curves, so I will be interested to hear about your experience with them.

It was a busy day here, we had some friends over for a pool party/BBQ. It was sweltering hot today, so the water felt really good! Now, unfortunately, some severe thunderstorms are kicking up. We could be in for a wild night tonight!

Good night, everyone - hope you all have a good night's sleep and feel rested and ready for the next week tomorrow!

Vortex_VVV 07-11-2011 11:02 AM

Hi ladies, haven't posted in a bit...

Welcome, Sparkles, Rene, Allison, and anyone new I missed...

I'm almost gone... Scale was at 299.5 this a.m., and since Monday is my WI day, I count it. But I also know that weeks with quick losses like this are often followed by weeks the scale bounces back up, so I'm staying here until I have 2 WIs in a row that are below 300. On the other hand, I know the POP challenge helped me get here, so if I stay POP this week....maybe next week I can kiss 300 a not-at-all-fond goodbye.

Have a great Monday, everybody!

Angela

Lovely 07-11-2011 11:26 AM

Angela - WAY TO GO!!!! I'd count that, too! :D

My scale decided to have me maintain this week, which I'm cool with. Hey, I'd love a loss, but sometimes my body needs a readjustment week. I've been wonderfully on plan, and I'm sure if I stick with it this week things will go very well!

So I'm still with you all! :hug:

allison0102 07-11-2011 02:05 PM

Way to go, Angela! That's great!

I joined Curves today. It was a great workout! Tomorrow, I will be going to their Zumba circuit class. It should be fun!! Happy Monday!

Lovely 07-11-2011 02:12 PM

Nice going, Allison! Sounds like a lot of activity! Woot! :D

VirgoChic 07-11-2011 03:29 PM

Hey Allison! Welcome and congratulations on maintaining the 25 pound loss so far! And it's great that you joined Curves. I think my 'reward' for hitting 299 will be a gym membership :)

Lynn, I found what helped for me before is to not consider exercise as some big huge thing you need to accomplish. Maybe try thinking is "okay, I'll just go for a walk to here and walk back", you know? Lord knows I'm one of the poster children for not getting my exercise, but I'm finding what helps to derail me from exercise is thinking that it's going to be a daunting task and I end up dreading it to the point where I just psych myself out of doing it. Hope that helps!

Angela, congrats on hitting the 299! I hope you can kiss 300 goodbye permanently too. :)

I admire your positive attitude, Lovely! Hopefully we'll get rid of you next week :lol: (in a good way of course).

I'm also maintaining this week, which is better than what I expected with my two days of being off plan. I had 4 days straight off from work and I didn't even do any exercising so I'm a little disappointed in that. I'll be off Wednesday through Friday so I'm determined to get some actual activity in then.

I'd love to consider all the walking I do at work as 'exercise', but I've been told I shouldn't? What do you guys think about that? I know I shouldn't think of it as my workout for the day by any means. I wish I still had my pedometer around to see how many steps I take because more often than not, there are nights at work that I probably only get to sit a total of less than an hour out of an almost 13 hour shift, and that's 3 days a week. I'm constantly walking back and forth down the halls to patient rooms, and it's not exactly leisurely strolling (I feel like the pounds should be melting off of me with all that walking I'm doing!).

Anywho, good luck this week everyone!

Vortex_VVV 07-11-2011 09:30 PM

Virgo, I don't think there's any problem with counting the walking you do at work as exercise. In fact, there was a study not so long ago that they reported on NPR that said that when hotel housekeepers were made aware of how many calories they burned doing their jobs, they lost weight without making any other changes! Thinking about that work as exercise seems to somehow change how effective it is. (Maybe they moved differently while doing their jobs, or faster? Or just with more intentionality?)

But I've also found, for myself, that exercise doesn't seem to make much of a difference for me until I get up to at least 30 consecutive minutes a day. That was true a decade ago when I lost 50+, and it seems to be true this time around, too. And the National Weight Control Registry data says that successful losers/maintainers exercise an average of an hour a day, so that's my goal. But I started with 10 minutes a day :)

Angela

srpaint 07-11-2011 11:32 PM

Congrats to everyone. Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Sparkles1 07-11-2011 11:50 PM

Congratulations, Angela! I'm so happy for you! Hope I can join you and be out of the 300's soon myself!

Virgo, I think exercise is exercise, - it's all good and should be counted! But of course our bodies can get used to a regular set amount of exercise and then we have to increase it a bit to see results. I've had to do that sometimes when I get in a set routine of exercise, - I find I have to change it up with more or different exercise to kind of "shock" my body back into showing me some results!

I'm not a big lover of exercise, but I DO love water exercise! Today was another very hot day, so when I got home I spent time exercising in the pool. I jogged in the water for 1/2 hour straight. I could never do that on land, - but jogging in the water is so much kinder on the joints, - plus so much nicer in the cool water! :)

Have a nice week, everyone!

silentarctic 07-11-2011 11:54 PM

Angela that is great! :-D

Me I'm sticking at 315 for now it seems which is allright. I'd rather have that than a gain.

I need to get back on track with my eating and excercise I've just been living life, and maintaining which is better than gaining but I need to kick it up a notch.

Had a good weekend, I really needed that, we had monday off (today) and I did a lot of swimming, playing my guitar and relaxing. Its been wonderful I am reluctant to go to work tomorrow!