Old 05-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #1  
RJJ

Default Final results?

Hey, I've browsed these forums somewhat regularly, I'm often looking at the results of those that were 300+. I'm a guy and used to weigh 350 lbs. Right now I weigh in at 192. At 5'10.5", I believe a good weight for me is 160-165, so I still want to lose some weight.

My problem, as always, is loose skin. It doesn't wrinkle much (yet), but I can notice it beginning to on one side. My biggest concern is the fact it hangs out like a flap. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. I was wondering if anyone, male or female, has finished with a close to flat stomach after being at 300+, without surgery. I've seen a few cases, but very few that had stomachs like mine. I really don't intend to get surgery, since I'm turned away from big scars, but I'm still curious to know what my chances are of ever having a normal looking stomach. I've been losing weight for 18 months or so and haven't maintained at all yet, so perhaps there's still time for my skin to catch back up, and perhaps it will get better with more weight loss. I do have a lot of small stretch marks on my stomach. I'm 26 years old.

I don't have any pics of me at 350, not that I can really tell the difference between my 350 and 330.

If anyone has ever had a stomach looking more like mine does currently, and ended up with a flat stomach, could you post any progress pics? Or is it hopeless for me?

I attached pictures of where I started, 40 lbs ago, and what I look like now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14months.jpg (20.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 14months2.jpg (13.8 KB, 80 views)
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there =)

There might be people here who know, but also there's the Maintainers area, too, where someone could have a better answer for you! (Or there might even already be a thread going.)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you look great ! Yes, I have loose skin, too, don't think it is going away. I am not opting for a tummy tuck because of other health reasons. As long as I keep my clothes on nobody knows it is there!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #4  
It's All Happening :)

S/C/G: 322/311/161

Height: 5'4

As someone just starting out I gotta say your pics are inspirational! Hi5!!
amyrose310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

This is something that I have been worried about as well. I am nowhere near where you are but I hope to be. By the way CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an accomplishment you have made. I have been reading up on this and have found a lot of opinions that say when you lose tremendous amounts of weight that you lose a lot of muscle as well. One article referred to even though you are at a normal weight at the end you have lost to much muscle therefore you must gain muscle weight at the end and than lose the extra fat weight very slowly. Hope this helps
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #6  
Debbie

S/C/G: 317/see ticker/185

Height: 5 10

RJJ: I just wanted to say that you are inspiring with your weight loss. I hope that you will be able to get the information that you need.
SeeImTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I think the thing with loose skin is you really don't know until you get to your goal weight and then tone and maintain the loss for a year. I thought I was going to be a mess and things aren't perfect, but looking better for me in that area.

I also think how you look right now scars vs. skin you'd be better off with the loose skin because it is not that bad. I've seen way worse on this website. And congrats on your weightloss. Awesome.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #8  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 376/330/165ish

Height: 5'7

You look amazing.. Hi5, an ex of my lost about 200 lbs and once he was at his goal weight and maintained he started toning. It was never perfect but I still thought that he was hot hot hot
BeautifullyBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #9  
STOP EATING

S/C/G: 350/350/180

Height: 5'8"

You look great! Good job. I'm sure that if you maintain and work out your skin should start to recede a little bit. However, it probably won't ever be perfect..
fatandoverit is offline   Reply With Quote