Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 339/334/199

Height: 5' 5"

Talking Another lurker who decided to make an account and join in!

Hi there!

Well, like most of us who've gone over the big 300, I am in need of help and encouragement as I embark on attempt 1,467 to lose this weight!

(Ok, it hasn't been that many, but some days it feels like it.)

I am 42, married, mom of 3 boys (ages 13, 9 and 18 mos.) and have been overweight most of my life. Ever since my littlest one was born, I haven't done a thing to lose weight, and I'm now at my highest-ever non-pregnant weight.

Sigh.

It's like I don't know which subforum to sign up with:

Over 300 pounds? Check!
PCOS? Check!
Over 40? Check!
Emotional eater? Yep!

Other diets I've tried in the past: WW (multiple times), The Lord's Table, Weigh Down, South Beach, Atkins, calorie counting.

Tomorrow I embark on calorie counting again, trying to keep my daily intake between 1200 and 1500 a day. I also plan to exercise five days a week (walking, swimming at an indoor pool, Leslie Sansone yoga and WATP DVDs). From sundown Friday to sundown Sunday, I intend to do more of the intuitive eating I did with TLT and WD....eat what I want, but within hunger cues and reasonable portions.

I'm trying to think of something that's actually doable, that I'm likely to stick with. I know that might sound like too few calories given my starting weight, but I've found that with PCOS (even on Metformin as I am now) if I get much over 1500 calories, I don't lose a thing.

Anyhow...that's where I am, so I hope I can chime in here and find the support I need. I'm reluctant to tell people IRL because of all the times I've announced a diet, then failed. I think I might do better incognito! LOL

Thanks!
Lily
Lilymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

welcome, Lily!!!! I know how frustrating it is, so I'm rooting for you!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

welcome lily, i really love your avatar!! i wanted to let you know that it doesn't matter how many times you try AGAIN....but that you ARE trying again! i'm so proud that you found the courage to begin again....because you just never know when THAT time is THIS TIME!!

i tried again....in dec. 2010 and this time seems to be THE time. i keep telling myself that THIS IS MY YEAR! so you can say that too...
LILY...THIS IS YOUR YEAR!!!

i wish you all the best....i am in the southeast too...where are you???
hugs
susan
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #4  

Thanks, y'all!

Susan, I'm in the metro Atlanta area.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #5  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey lily!

i'll be moving to columbia SC in a few months, my brother is in macon GA... atlanta's 2 hours away from both places... we'll likely be meeting up there on occasion. i have only vague memories of the last time i was there... my trips to georgia have almost always been to rural locales.

also, aside from the "in my forties" (i'm 27) i have all the same issues on your list. (PCOS, emotional eating, and started at just over 300lbs). the best thing about this forum is that there is always someone that can relate to your issues. welcome aboard!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #6  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Lily! I have a daughter named Lily and I love the name!!

Susan is so right -- you never know when this time will be THE time! Get yourself set up with a good plan, feel free to tweak it along the way, then hold on till those changes start to really stick!

I'm so glad to see you here, this place can really be the support we need!

Best wishes!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #7  

Just looking at your ladies' weight loss progress is already encouraging me...especially since after this morning's weigh-in, I had to add ANOTHER five pounds to what I thought I weighed.

Oh well...maybe they'll be gone by the end of the week!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Welcome Lily! Glad to meet you.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Welcome Lily! Congrats on making the decision to give it another go! I wanted to give one super quick piece of (unsolicited) advice: go higher on your calories to start out. You will still lose like crazy if you stick to 1800-2000 calories for a while, then lower them over time as your weight loss slows down.

We are here for you!
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 304/304/199

Height: 5'3

Lily,

Welcome to the board!!

It sounds like you are ready and on the right path to becoming a healthier you. Best of luck with your journey. We are all here cheering you on!

Last edited by Creating Kayla; 04-11-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Creating Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #11  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

hey lilymax I'm in the same boat as you except im 21! I don't use metformin, I use natural supplements, talk to your doctor about adding in chromium, cinnamon, fish oil, calcium, vitamin d and a multivitamin every day...personally metformin did nothing but make me sick but with the vitamins even tho I have pcos and am IR I can lose about 2-3 lbs a week if I stay perfectly on plan and exercise. I also found that among myself and ppl I know with pcos that I know calorie cycling works best. I.e 1 day eat 1300 calories the next day eat 1700 third day eat 1400 4th day eat 2000 and day 5 eat 1200..keep your metabolism and body guessing also I don't really eat "meals" except for dinner. I just snack all day with my "snacks" at meal times being a bit larger. Hopefully any, some or all of this works for you!!! good luck on your journey, cant wait to get to know you better! (ps. rainbow....please report to the boot camp threat STAT! hehe)
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #12  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Welcome Lily!! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Lynn
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote