Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/270/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Ut oh, the big 30

I turn 30 in a few days. I always imagined my life would be different. I have been overweight since I was in highschool. My parents didn't seem to care so I guess I didn't either. Really, it hasn't been until the last year or so that I have really begun to worry about my health. It dawned on me one day not too long ago while I was nose deep in a cheeseburger that I am an emotional eater. I am depressed and just don't have very much faith in myself. ****, I don't really have much faith in anything. I want to be different. I want to have will power and courage and faith that I can defeat the demons in my head that beat me down. I have taken steps to find a therapist, however I can't imagine telling someone face to face that I have no control. I have been a member for a while. Never posted much but I've read some. I guess this is my way of reaching out to like minded people because I know this can't be done alone.

Last edited by Sasha Nobody; 02-17-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Sasha Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 408/355/150

Height: 5'4

I am pretty much in the same boat as you. One year away from the big 3-0 and I want to reinvent myself. I realize that like minded people are what will help us through this. If you ever wanna talk or anything, feel free to message me.
Jaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:59 AM   #3  
committed

S/C/G: 299/147/120

Height: 5'2"

Sasha, self-control is like a muscle -- it gets stronger the more you use it. Take this journey in baby steps, one pound at a time. You can do this. Maybe you don't have much faith in you, but I have faith in you. You can lose one pound. And then one more pound. And then one more. Don't focus on how far you have to go. Just focus on ONE pound down.

And when you blow it -- and you probably will at some point -- just start again. And start again. And start again. And start again, ad infinitum. That's the key, the most important thing you can do -- no matter how many times you fail, start again. And I think you may find that instead of trying to fix your head so that you can make changes to your body, just taking baby steps toward fixing your body will make changes in your head.

You CAN do this. You can.
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #4  
Livin Lite!!

S/C/G: 341/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper10 View Post
Sasha, self-control is like a muscle -- it gets stronger the more you use it. Take this journey in baby steps, one pound at a time. You can do this. Maybe you don't have much faith in you, but I have faith in you. You can lose one pound. And then one more pound. And then one more. Don't focus on how far you have to go. Just focus on ONE pound down.

And when you blow it -- and you probably will at some point -- just start again. And start again. And start again. And start again, ad infinitum. That's the key, the most important thing you can do -- no matter how many times you fail, start again. And I think you may find that instead of trying to fix your head so that you can make changes to your body, just taking baby steps toward fixing your body will make changes in your head.

You CAN do this. You can.
I really think thats the best advice you can be given! Just remember to keep your head up and know that you are a strong woman! We are all in this together and we are all here to help each other. Learn to truly love yourself to be able to accomplish your goals. Set mini goals...easy to reach. I've noticed that it really does help. Good luck!
Christina is offline   Reply With Quote