Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #256  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies, whew, another crazy soap opera weekend at work, now under my belt. I WOULD be excited about my days off now, but I signed up for an extra shift for OT tomorrow. Always seems like a great idea when I'm signing up, but never feel like going when the time comes! Oh well, $$!

Maria, I love that lifetime movie about Mary Kay L. And I think it's just straight up FREAKY that they are married now, and they were your DJs! hahahaha My jaw would have dropped out of my mouth!

Sooo, I guess I'll throw out some facts about myself to add to the "getting to know you" theme!

I was born in a little town called Willoughby, OH, a suburb northeast of Cleveland. My mom got 'knocked up' with me right before she graduated high school, so my parents got married when they were 18 and 19. Them being so young, I have a hunch I got a lot of raisin' in my early years from my gramma, who went on to be one of the most important people in my childhood, man I loved that woman!! She died in my early 20s, but she was the true matriarch of our family and we all still talk about and remember her constantly.

When I was very little, my dad was a partying hippie, but somehow discovered Jesus, which is usually a good thing! But he got in with a holy-roller type group and they wanted my parents to burn all their worldly possessions (including our beds!), and move to Columbus to help start the new Church there. So they packed us up (and took me away from my gramma ) when I was in 1st grade. When I was in 2nd grade, I fell off the kitchen counter and cracked my head on the floor. I had a huge goose egg, but the next day it was gone. The next day after that, my head felt like it was going to explode, I was vomiting and in excruciating pain. My mom took me to the hospital 3 days in a row, and they kept sending me home saying I had the flu. On the 3rd day, (I remember this so clearly), my mom made a big stink and said she was not leaving until they figured out what was wrong with me. An astute neurologist ordered a CT scan, found a cup of blood on my brain, shaved my head, and rushed me into surgery. I survived! I was in the hospital for 10 days, and missed a month of school, and I was on some major steroids to help me heal, which I think is one of the things that taught me how to binge eat like there was no tomorrow -- I was so hungry constantly! I didn't have to repeat 2nd grade, though, and wore a hat the rest of the year to hide my Frankenstein head. I take it my dad had absolutely NO idea of how to be supportive during this time, and my parents were divorced shortly thereafter. My mom has said that she knew if she could not count on him during this time, that she knew she never would be able to.

My dad ended up moving back to Willoughby, but my mom liked Columbus so we stayed. Thus began my sister's and my life of being latch-key kids. My mom worked every day, including Saturdays, until about 7pm, and so my younger sis and I were home alone from the time I was in 3rd grade (and Kelly in 2nd), with various neighbors we could go to in an emergency. Learned a lot about eating for comfort and boredom at that time! I went to 8 different schools throughout my school career, so I learned a lot about being the new kid, never having many lasting friendships, except food of course! I truly feel my mom did the best she could for us, but I do have resentment at times that Daddy had to follow Jesus down to Columbus, and Mommy decided to stay, so I couldn't have my Gram be a caregiver for us when we needed that guidance. Well everyone has their own "row to hoe", so all in all, I'm cool with it.

Well, I think that's about long enough for now! If you all want to hear about my adulthood, let me know and I'll write a second chapter! hahahaha

Have a wonderful day, ladies!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow...I really love hearing about all you ladies I am really starting to feel like I know all of you.

Well, I feel good today and my POSITIVE for the day today is that after my husband left for work I played a new dancing game called Boogie Superstar for the Wii and I ended up playing it for almost 2 hrs!!! I really like that game it is kind of like Just Dance but different in a way but alot of fun and I definately worked up a sweat and then after that I did almost an hour of housework getting ready for my in-laws who are coming to visit today and now I am just relaxing drinking some crystal light and I plan on drinking alot of water today because I really feel bloated today from all the sodium from the last couple days but hopefully drinking alot of water and exercising will take care of that in a couple of days..well gotta run for now girls I will check in later tonight after the in-laws leave.

Have a great day ladies!
Keep rockin'
Heather
Old 09-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies!

I had a great day yesterday! I got in all my meals and did not go over my calorie limit. I went to this intense Latin dance class last night and man I shook things that haven't been shaken in years! It's an hour long and I'm so proud of myself for doing the whole hour. When I left the gym last night everyone of my muscles hurt,lol. It took me 20 minutes to walk home and the gym is only two blocks away but this morning my muscles feel fine.

The rest of me isn't feeling so great. I tried this new salmon patty last night as my pre-workout meal and around 11pm I woke up with major abdominal cramping and I have been sick all night. I hope it's something that will go away soon.

Now...my life story

i am a sociology major and I want to work in Domestic Violence or Human Trafficking when I graduate. I was born in Berkeley,Ca in the 70's. My mom and dad divorced a year later and they both married other people. My mom and my stepdad had my little sister, Katrina and my dad and stepmom had my little brother Theron. My dad had an older son Ronnie from a previous relationship and my stepmom had a son from her 1st marriage whom my dad adopted. My stepfather also had a son, Tony, from his first marriage. So there are 6 of us: Tony(45), Ronnie (39), Larry (36), Me (34), Theron (32) and Katrina (27). It seems like a mess but it was great growing up with two families. I felt really loved as a child. But when I was 8 my grandad(my dad's father) passed away and my dad did not handle it well. He became addicted to drugs and I didn't see or speak to him again until I was 13.

My mom came from a large but dysfunctional family. She had 7 brothers and sisters and a stepsister through her dad's marriage. My mom and her stepmom did not get along...mostly because her stepmom did not like the fact that my mom came form his relationship with my grandma and she could not have children anymore. My mom's sole source of affection and comfort came from her paternal grandmother. My mom was her only grandchild and so she was loved. On the day my mom was born, Bigmama bought a farm in Madera so that she could live with her part of the time. She also adopted two siblings and as they grew up and had kids we all spent the summer on that farm. Those are some of my happiest memories as a childMy great grandmother was the center of my moms world and when she died in the 80's my mom was devastated. She still cries every year on her birthday.

After Bigmama died, my stepfather lost his job and my mom became the sole income. After a couple of months, I guess he couldn't handle it and he split. He also cleaned out their bank account we he left. My mom struggled to make ends meet and ended up working 4 jobs. That left me to take care of my sister and we became really close...she's like my kid now. Eventually my mom started drinking and for a while was a serious alcoholic.

Now things are somewhat back to normal...my mom stopped drinking, my dad has been clean for 20+ years. I think I'm a stronger person because of my trials and hardships and I would never change a thing (well except the overeating)
Old 09-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #259  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

It's nice to read all of you bios. As time goes on, I will share more...

Shannon - I had a Gammy just like your Gramma and oh boy was she the matriarch of the family. Then it was my mom's turn and now for some odd reason, mine. You have to tell us about your weekend, it's like General Hospital over there!

Learn - That's wild that your dad was a cop! I love how you and your husband met. That is so sweet. It is so awesome how you and your hubby and son are so connected. I love it! As for siblings, well, we have had that talk alot-no sense beating a dead horse!

Maria - You would go to a party and dance your butt off without me! Oh well, I will see you in Washington next year!

Heather - you have a really close knit family, that is awesome! I like the fact that you all help each other, very cool.

Ags - wow, just wow! What a story! No brothers? You really missed out on that one! LOL Living in KY is interesting, the more north you go-like me- you get more city than you do country, but the rolling hills and trees are beautiful. Now I have to admit, I live in the "country" a bit, I mean I have neighbors who have chickens, roosters, goats, horses and cows but a lot of the land is being bought up by developers. They're even thinking of putting in sidewalks! That's preposterous!!

Kitsey - I know you're down right now, but you won't always be big. Besides that, there are always going to be patients who are heavy and good nurses need to learn on everyone! Try as hard as you can to keep a positive attitude, because you are missing the fun in what you are learning! Look at the fun stuff you guys get to do! Once you start to see that, you will have a new perspective.

Ona - You remind me of that Rihanna song - Yeah baby I'm a Rockstar!! Glad you won the contest!

Tex - It was never in the cards for me to be a SAHM, but I love that some women get the opportunity. You sound like a wonderul person, just like your own mom! I love your story. Seems like everyone has great husbands!!

For me today, I'm having a hard time, but I'm still pushing forward. Aside from that my son, baby McNabb, had an awesome game last night ran for over 100 yards and had over 100 passing yards. He's so awesome! I love that kid!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #260  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Ahh I love this thread One positive thing about today is I finally made it back to where I was pre-laborday weekend so now I just have go down from here. Another positive thing is I am babysitting tonight which equals money for my bank account.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Kitsey - one of the things I think is important is to not be ashamed of yourself. You are a person as deserving as anyone of proper treatment. When I was near 300 pounds, I forced people to view me as a person and not someone they could talk about because I was heavy. (By the way, now that I’m about 200, the weight is amazingly not a social issue anymore.) You must stand up for yourself and be confident ... (or fake it 'til you make it).

One time there was a guy in the office who always walked very fast exactly in the middle of the corridor and forced people off to the side. There was plenty of room for two people to pass in the corridor if they stayed on their own side, but I noticed he just always plowed right through, forcing everyone up against the wall unless he passed an executive, in which case he was more accommodating about staying on his side.

So one day, I decided to play chicken with him. I walked on my side of the hallway as he came from the opposite direction right down the middle. I just kept walking, and he ran right into me and actually knocked me to the floor. Well, when something like that happens, guess who has to apologize (not ME!). And I can tell you he always walked appropriately from then on, not just with me but with everyone.

My feeling is we have to take ownership of ourselves. It is very hard sometimes, but if you don’t support yourself (and your body) who will? Our bodies have carried us faithfully to this point in our life, and we have to love them. We really do.

If it were me (and I know it’s not, everyone has to do what they are comfortable with), I would make a general announcement to the class. Something to the effect that I knew I was heavy, and it is embarrassing for me to have to be the “patient” in some of the role-playing because I might not be able to do everything. But I also know that this is how we learn to deal with a variety of patients during our careers and that it might be helpful for everyone to practice on different types of bodies so we can deal appropriately with people in real life.

We should not have to be embarrassed because we exist.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #262  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies!! I am so far behind so I may have to just start from here!!

Congrats on all the losses and welcome to all the newbies!!! Things have been crazy around here since last week!! I haven't forgotten my favorite chicks though!!

Ags - I just luv you!!! Went to the mailbox yesterday and wouldn't ya know it, there you were!! I LUVED that card! I have listened to it over and over!!

As far as gettin to know me, well, I was born in Hickory, NC and grew up in Lenoir! Never lived anywhere else until I got married! (I did move in with a friend of mine once but that lasted 2 mths so I don't even count that) I sort of came with the house! My mom and dad were married at the ages of 15 and 17! I didn't come along til about 8 years later. They bought the house they still live in from my grandpa in July of 78 and I was born in Sept! Pretty neat package huh! I am an only child with about 7 or 8 cousins that I grew up with! Sad part is that I hardly ever speak to any of them now except for a couple that I go to church with! My life was a pretty quiet one. My dad drank alot and did a few drugs but always provided for us! My mom worked up until I was about 6 or 7. I grew up in church! Dad never would go. My mom and I went to church in Boone which was about an hour away for about 15-20 years before God made the way for her to start her own church. People have mixed feelings about women pastors but she is the best pastor I have ever had and that's not because she is my mother! She is very knowledgeable and has counciled people for ever! I must add that my dad got saved about 2.5 yrs ago and God delivered him from all drugs and alcohol!! PTL!!! Anyway, I met the love of my life in August of 2002 and we were married in January 2004! I am currently a domestic goddess and he drives a truck (btw, Ags, if "daddy" is in need of drivers... ) No children yet but we are working on it! I am also secretary, piano player and worship leader for our small church. God has been really good to me!!

That's about it!

Last edited by thinmintintraining; 09-14-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

Okay ladies...I know I didn't add a positive this morning. I was feeling a little upset about being sick but I have an amazing positive to report....I have been blessed with some more motivation and have been invited on a girls trip to Hawaii in April!!! I'm so excited and I want to be down a lot by then. I know I have my work cut out for me...but I'm willing to put in the work! I hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is AWESOME!

Ags - a SAHM is a Stay at Home Mom. I pretend and try to be both a WAHM (Work at Home Mom) and SAHM. Since I work Tues - Thurs (and Sun) and am off the other days. You are such a great encourager! I love you! I do feel truly blessed to be working with children. I know that is what God made me for and I just feel happy to have found that out at such an early age!

Learn - I hate that you struggled with infertility as well. Every time I look at my boys I see the amazing creation and blessing that they are - I know you can relate

Dev - Glad that you are moving forward and not letting things get you down. Those are some impressive stats from you guy - I know you are a proud momma!

Maria - OMG! I would have DIED! Did you talk to them? I remember when that story came out. Didn't they run away to France or something like that to get married after she was out of jail?

Heather - Glad to hear you found a great Wii workout game! I'll have to try that one out. I'm always looking for new ones that get me movin'!

CJ - I LOVE that you stood up to the intemidator! Good for you for teaching him a valuable lesson!

Shannon - Your childhood sounds like a made for tv movie. Girl I bet you could write a screenplay! Seriously though, I know how crazy families can be. My mom was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 10. Luckily she was very functional when she takes her meds. The problem always came when she didn't ....

Well I have had a super busy day - I know you aren't surprised! I was super exited last night when I saw I could add workout videos to my streaming Netflix account. I found one that looked good for this morning. It was a 10 min target tone video. Sounds easy right? Well I did the "ABS" section and let me tell you I HURT!!!!! My "core" area is so sore it is unbelieveable! Now I understand why the gal on the video said not to do the same section 2 days in a row!

Anyway, I am off to bed. Tomorrow is a long work day 8 am - 8pm, so I may not be able to check in with you all. I hope you have a fab day tomorrow!

Much love to you all!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #265  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey girls,
I have made it thru another day and I am sooooo thankful, so that is my positive and along with learning not to judge to situation to quickly, sometimes it is just God's way of looking out for you. Thank you God!!!!! I must say another positive I failed to mention the other night was................................The Redskins whoooped the Cowboys, ooooops, I am sorry, the COWGIRLS!!!!!! lol lol No seriously!!!!!

Heather,
I enjoyed reading your posts too and silly me should have known what a day trader was since I worked for the stock market for 5 years and the National Assoc. of Securties Dealers. Dugh!!!!! lol Heather I am going to have to try Boggie SuperStar too. Sounds like a whole lotta fun!!!

Maria,
now I know who they are. I do recall that in the news and the Lifetime movie as well. Dance baby dance!!!

Learn,
I am also blessed to be the only overweight one in the family. My dad was tall and thin with a beautiful head of hair, his Indian coming out in him and my mom was short a chubby with pretty hair and one rough patch right in the center back of her head, my sister's bless there hearts took after my dad, slim and long shiny hair, me on the other hand took after my mom. But for sure I got my Mom's personality and her spirit, my dad's detrmination and both of their work ethics. So I guess all in all, I am not too too bad.
And yes, everyone migrates to our house, usually we have to make pallets on the floor and some will stay with Ash and Ivory, but bet your bottom dollar every day for every meal there are here. LOL LOL It is fun, so much talking, remembering, sharing, clowning, dancing, singing, watching tv and sometimes some of this is going on all at the same time. Help me Lord, but I would not trade it at all.
Daddy plays the guitar, self taught, and he has gotten pretty darn good, and he taught his self how to play the harmonica, good at that too. Ash takes after him. I think Jordan takes after me, very kind and giving, and she has my personalitly. Morgan, I just don't know, I often wonder if they switched her at the hospital. LOL LOL Just kidding, she does have a big heart and is so sensitive just like me. Ivory, she takes after her dad and myself. She is a cool hard working kid and a great mom.
Learn, your dad and I would have gotten along really well, you know when I was a kid I thought I was Annie Oakley, outfits guns and all. LOL LOL I promise I will post pics of the kids and soon as I can get someone to download them for me. And no worries if you telling more about yourself cause I love it. And guess what, I did the same thing. LOL

Shannon,
of course I want to know more. I will share a little more about me each day too. Trust me, I love my whole darn family, but we are as dysfunctional as any, but as crazy as we are, it is my life and I love it. Now go get those extra dollars girl!!! hahahaha

Fun,
as I was saying to Shannon, I believe all families are dysfunctional to a certain extent, some more than others, but we all share it. I always says, what does not kill you only makes your stronger. You are a survior!!!!!! Thank your for sharing some of your life with us. Girl now get ready to enjoy that trip to Hawaii!!!! Can I come???

Shia,
what a question? Nope no brothers, but I will tell you this, when I married daddy he had 5 five kids of which 4 of them were boys and 1 girl, so it's okay no the no brother thing. So total we have 9 kids. When the Lord said to be fruitful and multiply, I use to tell daddy, he did not mean for us to fill up the church pews my ourselves. LOL LOL I think I would like to visit you in Kentucky, we shall see, cause one never knows. Keep pushing forward darling and tell baby McNabb keep on keeping on!!!!!!

Avezy,
Welcome little darling, come back often so we can get to know you better!!!!! Great positives sweetie cakes!!!!! Back to where you were and money in the bank is always a good thing!!!!

CJ,
well said sweet tater, we must stand up for ourselves, if not us, then who!!! Loved your last line, We should not have to be embarrassed because we exist.

S T E L L A!!!!!,
I am happy it made you happy, cause that was surely my intention!!!! I love your life and if daddy gets ready to hire more drivers, you will be the first to know. That's a promise!!!!

Tex,
thank you for clearing that up for me and guess what????? I WAS A SAHM FOR TENS YEARS AND DID NOT KNOW THAT IS WHAT IT WAS CALLED!!! lol lol Still learning things and from such a great teacher. Now take it easy Little Momma on the workouts, you will have things hurting that you did not even know you had. LOL LOL

Hello to Carol, Dgram, Ink, Ashiepooh, and all of you other sweet taters, We are a missing you. Be blessed!!!

Well ladies, I am as tired as all get out and my fingers of tired of typing, so I will catch you all on the flip side, be good, be safe, and be loved.

Hugs love and blessings,
still making every moment counts,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 09-14-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #266  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

Hi all!! It's been a bit since I've been here... just super busy! And will be all week! I'll get right to my personals, and I have a bunch to catch up on.

Heather.. way to go on keeping on with the exercise, even when you don't feel like it. Try not to focus solely on numbers (something I keep telling myself!) as you are doing wonderful things for your body. I think you mixing things up with exercise is a great idea. I am contemplating doign more strength training every other day, and alternating it with cardio. I just need to find a good strength program.

Ags.. my attitude is staying up.. for the most part. I refuse to let negativity get me, because I *KNOW* that will be the end of it all. I loved reading your life story. You sound like a very blessed woman.

Maria.. sounds like the party was a LOT of fun!!

Learn... I so enjoyed reading about you!!! I love that idea and will do more about me too.

Tex... WOW! What an awesome "last shot" God gave you. I bet the thought of twins was just overwhelming and exciting!!

Dev... it's wonderful to be able to SEE we are doing something bad, and do something about it! Way to go! It was wonderful reading about you, also. I coudln't imagine having 6 brothers! LOL I have 4 kids, 3 boys and the baby is a girl. I always thoguht she had a lot of brothers. Of course, as the only girl, she has them wrapped around her finger. LOL

Fungirl... We haven't met, so let me just say HI!!! I can't wait to get to know you better. What an amazing story you have to tell!! And that you can take it all and know you are a smarter person because of it!

Ona.. what did your brother say when you got lower than him?? CONGRATS girl! A wonderful NSV!

Shannon... it's wonderful you can see looking back things that caused you to "abuse" food! I think you are so far ahead of so many of us... especially myself. I have no clue why I am how I am or what caused me to be this way. I completely understand about moving constantly, and not having lasting friendships. We moved many times as I was growing up. It can truly be difficult!!

Stella... I just LOVED your story!! The fact that your mom stood beside your dad for all those years of him refusing to go to church, when so many women would have left. How wonderful!! And look at the man he is now because of it! PTL!

As for me... there's really not much to tell. I was born in 1976 in Illinois. A week later, we moved to Arkansas. My mom carried me on her lap the whole car trip, with stitches in her stomach. I can't even imagine!! When I was just a baby, my parents were saved. My dad was raised in church, had been active in church, but went through a time of "rebellion". My mom's upbringing was MUCH different. She knew absolutely nothing about God, and the whole church "scene" was totally new to her.
I was raised in a Christian household, and was taught the fundamentals of my faith early on. I strive to be the same influence on my children that may parents were for me. They just celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary.

Growing up, my dad worked as a boiler maker, and we moved a lot with his jobs, when able. Many years in school, I would go to 2 or even 3 different schools. While in so many ways I loved this.. seeing different places, meeting new people... in others it really hindered my ability to form and keep tight friends. I think I make a wonderful friend, but am pretty socially inept. Especially now with my weight the way it is. But even moving around a lot, we kept coming back to Arkansas.. to "home". I always swore when I was grown, I'd leave and never look back.
Then when I'm 17 I meet my own Prince Sometimes Charming. And wouldn't ya know, he lives in that "hometown" I swore to escape. He'd never lived out of Arkansas and couldnt imagine being elsewhere. We did move about 40 miles away for several years, but we are now back in Podunk, AR. We've been married now for 15 years, and together we have 4 children, which I homeschool.
Lukas is my oldest. He'll be a <gasp> TEEN in November. I can hardly believe it. When Luke was 3 he was diagnosed with high functioning autism. I was told he would be mentally ******ed, with a genius in reading. A couple years later, I was at a revival where Luke was prayed for. I totally beleive in his healing that night. He wasn't immediately "different", as some would assume from a healing. But drastically different over time. At this time no one would ever think he was ever diagnosed (even the new doctor said it shocked him). Luke does have some odd issues, with social things mainly, but I think partly that is hereditary. My husband is VERY uncomfortable in crowds, as is my dad. LOL Luke is so fun to watch tho, coming out of his shell, and just making such progress lately. He is a boy that is very black and white. What's right is right, what's wrong is wrong. I never have to worry about him with peer pressure! lol I love him dearly!
Justus is my 11 year old. He's the "daddy" of the group, and has begged for more brothers and sisters. He's also my photographer's assistant anytime I go out on jobs. He's such a mature young man, with such a call fo God on his life. When he was just 7 or so, he came to me after being in his room for a while. He'd been praying, it seems, and told me that God wanted him to go to "far away places" and teach people there about Jesus. <proud mommy moment!!> I don't push, as I want God to guide him, but I can't wait to see how God uses him in the future.
Caden is my youngest son. He'll be 8 in a few months. He's my cuddler, my love bug. In fact, it pleases him immensely when we call him cuddlebug. LOL He's such a sweetheart (with a huge ornery streak). Out of all the kids, he reminds me most of my dad. Always playing pranks, and eyes full of mischief. But such an affectionate mischief.. never with any ill intent at all. He keeps life fun and full of laughter.
Then there's the princess Sky. She's the youngest and the only girl. To say she's spoiled rotten is an understatement! She will be 6 on Halloween and is my little Boo Bear. She's so girly girl and tomboy all at the same time. It's amazing to try and keep up with her. She rules the roost around here, and time has come for me to start getting a bit more strict with her. She doesn't much like the idea tho.
I have to say I'm extremely blessed in my life. It's full of love from wonderful parents, an amazing family, and God's eternal and infinite love. I couldn't as for more.

There's so much more to tell. But I'll stop now. (You can thank me now. LOL). We spent abotu 6 hours today moving furniture up and down stairs, rearranging bedrooms, and working. I'm exhausted, and headed for a scalding hot bath!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 PM   #267  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

just had to share a pic of Mary Kay and Vili that was taken at the party!

I did talked to them.. quite a few times.. I sat right next to the Dj table, so they would say a lot of stuff to me and my hubby through out the night.. I liked the perfume that Mary Was wearing so I asked her what brand it was and she told me. she went and got a sampler bottle of it out of her purse and sprayed some on me! LOL.. the weirdest part was they seemed so "normal" and I suppose now they are.. they are both two consenting adults.. But It's hard to look past how their whole relationship started.. but after all this time they are still together and it was very obvious they were in love.. He was Djing a private Anniversary party and charged very little. They are just two people trying to make it.. it was crazy! especially since I had just watched that movie about them the other day!

Last edited by mariamherrera; 09-14-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:10 AM   #268  

Hippy Happy Hump Day 3FCer's
Thank goodness tomorrow is thursday, I need grub in my house real bad. I'm trying to stick to a budget and not give in and all in all it's O.K., but I'm down to 1/4 tank of gas in my Jeep. I'm one of those people who don't like to let it go beneath 1/4 tank. Just don't want all that sediment getting into my engine and gas filter. Let's get to all my friends here.

Shannon- I was always the same way when I volunteered to work overtime. When the time comes to serve it I wonder why I did it. Hope that extra shift goes quickly for you. Loved hearing more about you and your life.

Heather- Can't wait to see the pics from your 30 minutes + 30 minutes meal dinner. I knew you'd do great.

Fungirl- I think the 20 minute walk home last night did you a world of good. It was probably just the cool down your muscles needed to not be sore the next day.
Wow! Hawaii, that is awesome! Boy if that doesn't motivate you, nothing will. Congratulations.

Shia- So sorry your having a hard time. Remember keep looking up and only look away to watch that awesome son of yours. He's quite the athlete isn't he! My son keeps me grounded just like yours.

Avezy- Welcome back girl! Congrats on getting rid of that pre-labor day weight, now it's just down down down from here. Bank that money girl, the holidays are coming.

CJ- Love the way you taught the man to give way to others in the corridor. I think I would have done the same thing you did. Loved your advice to Kitsey, very well said.

Stella- Although I'm not an only child, I like you have many cousins that I don't keep in touch with either. I think it's awesome that your mom is a pastor.

Tex- Take care of that Sore Core. That's awesome that you can get the exercise video's through Netflix. So convenient.

Ags- I got a friend in you, I got a friend in you. Yup you guessed it, I got my beautiful card yesterday. Thank you so very much.

Jackie- Totally enjoyed learning more about you. What kind of photography do you do. I shoot an occasional wedding once in awhile for a friend of mine who does it full time. If you have a website, I'd love to see your work.

Maria- Thank you for sharing the picture. Sounds like you really had a blast.

I had a POP day yesterday. Ate well and exercised by walking the mall with my son. He had an orthodontist appointment yesterday so after we went to the mall and walked until I had to sit and rest my hips and back. Once rested we would just continue on. I figured I got an hours worth of walking in. My sister was home all day so I took advantage of it and stayed out for a few extra hours.
Gotta give puppy a bath today, she smells something fierce. Then it's vacuum day (way past due) also. Gotta do this while trying not to use my right arm (Fat chance). My tendonitis has been hurting quite a bit and have been having to take my vicadin 2 to 3 times a day, which I'm now finding out causes constipation. UGH! If it's not one thing it's another.

Well that's it for now, I hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday.

Guardrails Up and Keep Looking Up!

T.T.F.N. ~ Learn
Old 09-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Alright Ladies I need a swift in the butt today because I just got on the scale this morning and it said *BIG GULP* 274 ahhhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOO! I am hoping that some of that is water retention because I have had too much sodium the last couple of days and I am going in the wrong direction I wanted to be in the 250's by October 2nd and now it seems that wont happen

my POSITIVE today is that yesterday I played a dancing game on the wii for 2 hrs in the morning and then my husband and I played for like 1.5 hrs last night and today I am going to get strict and drink alot of water too..I am expecting TOM probably next week so I am hoping that is some of the water weight I really hope that I didnt gain that much cause I havent been going over my calories that much! Ughhhhhhh!

I feel like crying right now but I am not giving up today is back to square one and starting fresh with working out and eating healthy.

Well, gotta run for now but I will check in later
keep rockin'
Heather
Old 09-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #270  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Maria.I remember them now!!! since you posted the picture

Jackie,my brother was mad and still is he is always jokingly trying to get me to eat something fating. he's always trying to lose weight but don't want to really change his lifestyle.

Ags,Thank you for the beautiful card I really appreciated it and it made my day.

CJ,love your story and your attitude about life

Learn,thank you glad you had some time out and especially got out to walk.when i first started to walk my back would hurt too.I always have to stop and rest.But i just kept pushing on each day.After 7 months, I'm up to 3 miles a day and don't hurt. enjoy your day!!!

stella,love that you're mother is a Pastor, that you play the piano and the things you do serving the lord.I knew there was something extra special about you, being the reason why i felt so drawn to you

Last edited by OnaMi; 09-15-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Closed Thread