Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 329.2/263/160

Default Horrible week!

So, we were illegally evicted last week (court case pending against the landlord as we type), but evicted none the less. I have been stressed like you would not believe. I have had to come up with over $2000 to move, we are moving without lights or water... I just couldn't afford to have them turned on before we get there. I am the presently the only income, so this has really been a bad two weeks. Let me tell you, I have tried every resource out there and nothing. Either make too much or they just don't have the money to help. Anyhow.....

We are moving everything tomorrow is one big trip.

So, I weighed in today and I gained 4 lbs since last Thursday. I know I know I know... cut myself some slack and get back on track. I am just so disappointed in me right now. I feel like my world is crumbling and my only comfort is food... the thing that is killing me. I just don't know when this stress will end.

Sorry, I just needed to vent and be accountable that I did not stay on track through this.
Sittingrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #2  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Sit,

Huggggs to you my dear! I am so very sorry to hear that you were illegally evicted. I can understand what you mean about feeling stressed and turning to food. I have had a VERY stressful week and a half and have been off of my exercise plan (which by the way is the thing that makes me feel better!) It's like I was punishing myself by going off plan! It was weird.

I know that you are going through a lot, but I just wanted to let you know that we are all in this fight together, and we WILL win. Remind yourself constantly that the food does not have the control any longer. It can be so comforting but like you said it also is killing you when you turn to it in severe stress.

There will be days when you get off plan even weeks, but the great thing about it is how FANTASTIC you'll feel when you fight through it by staying on plan, working out etc, and taking care of yourself through it all!
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #3  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

I am sorry about your eviction....

The good thing is that you recognize what happened and are holding yourself accountable. Life happens (sometimes it sucks) and you just have to make sure that you get yourself back on track right away and not let it detour your from your ultimate goal. You can do it.

Last edited by steph15; 07-02-2010 at 01:11 AM.
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 AM   #4  

I'm sorry to hear what your going through, but don't beat yourself up for going off plan. I would probably end up doing the same thing. Just remember to come here and vent as often as needed, think about how far you've come on your weight loss and hang in there sweetie, things will get better. Good luck to you!
Keep us posted on how your doing, O.K.?
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #5  
300+ Chick

Awww, sorry your week is not good.. Hoping things will get better for you. Hang in there..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #6  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I think it's AMAZING that you are back here posting about your weight gain, and that with all that's happening, that you are able to step back from yourself and consciously realize that you are turning to food for comfort and stress relief! THAT is THE KEY!!! Just recognizing something like that is the first step to changing your pattern.

If you are somehow able to get a handle on this right now, through all this stress, and get even remotely back on plan, then you will be doing something really tremendous. I mean, it's really not that hard to keep on-plan when everything is hunky-dory, we have plenty of time to prepare healthy meals and exercise and have a positive mindset going. It's when the going gets tough that most of us have experienced our previous failures.

I am sorry you are going through something so stressful, it sounds really, really bad. But try to look in your heart and remember why you decided to change your life in the first place, then think about possible other ways of relieving your stress (bubble baths, make hubby give you a massage, meditating, etc). I know I'm making it sound easy and I KNOW it's not. I know when my next big stress comes up I'm going to want a pizza, large, just for me! But I still wanted to post some ideas, and to give you a big
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 329.2/263/160

Thank you all for all of your encouraging words.

We are now moved, into a nicer place, 6 miles closer to work (hey that's extra money), and I only gained 4.2 lbs back.

I didn't want to gain any back but I refuse to beat myself up over it with everything I have dealt with in the last 3 weeks.

I was really worried that we would move without lights or water but somehow, I worked it all out. Payday is Friday and I still have $3.24 to my name... I think that is an accomplishment too lol

We have decided to sue the landlord. So, I am sure more stresses will follow.

I have been making excuses, not eating well because I don't have the money to go to the grocery store and buy our normal menu. So, whatever, if I am gonna gain what can I do and then today a light bulb went off over my head... walking is free, WALKING IS FREE... hello in there... W A L K I N G is free.... get off your a$$ and walk.

I was gonna leave this part out but decided that I have to be 100% honest with me and you... I have $500 elliptical sitting in my living room that I purchased 4 years ago, until today, it had never been used. It's bought and paid for, therefore, walking inside is free too lol

I came home ate dinner and then walked for 36 minutes while I worked on my Econ homework. Two birds, one stone and I feel better then I have in weeks.

So, I am back, still struggling but back none the less... I WANT TO BE UNDER 300 LBS in AUGUST 2010! I will not give up no matter what life throws at me.
Sittingrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Good for you! I'm so proud if you!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #9  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

That is awesome! To be honest, the majority of exercise I do is either walking outside or using my elliptical inside (depending on the weather). Both have been successful for me. I wish you the best!
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:51 AM   #10  

I found that with teaching full time, working on my doctorate, and dealing with all the paperwork that comes with teaching special ed. I never have time set aside for anything other than school work or my own research work. I have to literally put it in my planner or I won't do it. Even if I come home and know I have to do work and sit to work on it, so many times, i will play around on the computer or jsut not even work on school stuff at all and here I am wasting time that I could have done something worthwhile.

I think you should set (and schedule in writing) aside an hour of just walking.....morning or afternoon, night, whatever. Everything else can get put on hold for an hour.
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote