Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #267

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #2  

Morning!! I am on vacation this week!! I need to decompress! So I have an appt with my trainer this morning, and a mani-pedi this afternoon! That sounded like a good way to start.

I feel like I can make a positive change this week...
Old 06-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #3  
Who Burst MyBubble? Oh Me

S/C/G: 318/305/?

Height: 5 Foot 2, Eyes of Blue

I'm in for another week!

Since its a new week, I get to update my ticker and I am glad to see that I am just about at the half way point of my first major goal!

Wanna see some good action? Don't pay to go to the movies... just watch my ticker go.

Its always exciting to get to update the ticker with a lower number. When I have fluctuations, I never bother to update it in the other direction.

Time for dinner, but Hubby says "Hi".

Godiva911
Old 06-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Bad choice Sunday afternoon - wow white carbs are horrible! Good choices yesterday - a bit of a workout but not enough.

Grilled cod with fresh cilantro and lime - wow was it good. I'm glad the dogs haven't discovered they can eat the herbs. I love having fresh herbs just a step away - plus it really does seem to be keeping the bugs away.

The 8 inches of rain we've had the past few days had certainly encouraged the weed growth - will get on them tonight hopefully.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #5  

Godiva, sounds like you're really in the zone! Work it as long as you can. It IS exciting to watch the scale go down down down!

Your dinner sounds great, Carol! We've had tons of rain, too. Veggies are loving it, except, I think, for the peppers.

Yesterday was... interesting. Always interesting when you need to call an electrician to come TODAY. But all seems fine now!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #6  

Default Hello!

My name is Jane and I am 47. I am on a weight loss adventure! I have been married to my DH for 20 years and I have 2 teenage sons. I am a secretary in a plumbing office and I own my own theatrical production company. I direct, produce and stage manage, it is my passion! I have decided to take care of me this summer. I am tired of not fitting in plane seats and roller coasters. I love traveling to lighthouses and climbing to the top, but I damn near had a heart attack when I climbed one last month! I am having trouble getting the exercise part in but I am working in the garden every day and I am breaking a sweat so I think that counts! Thanks for letting me add to this thread! Look forward to getting to know you!

Jane
Old 06-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #7  
Angela

S/C/G: 305/300/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jane. I'm new too. I've been lurking around for about two weeks now and the ladies here are wonderful.

gggirls: I agree white carbs are horrible! They've been haunting me all day. It's my day off and all I can do is hunt for sugar in my kitchen. I hope tomorrow is better!

Heather: Jealous here... your vacation sounds wonderful so far! What's up with the electrician? Everything ok?

Godiva: Congratulations on being on track to goal! Even hitting the first goal is so exciting.

Well as I noted above, I've had a horrible eating day. I wish I knew what was triggering it. I went to the gym this morning and did my workout (even though I didn't want to be there). Maybe I'm just irritable.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #8  
Who Burst MyBubble? Oh Me

S/C/G: 318/305/?

Height: 5 Foot 2, Eyes of Blue

Welcome Jane, I am so glad you decided to share your weight loss adventure with us! BTW - Gardening counts in my book.

Hellooooo Angie! I agree with you. I too have such a hard time staying on plan when I am at home. Its easier when I am at work and I can stick to my regimen.

I went to see the Dr today. I have developed a large bone spur on my foot. I was afraid he was gonna tell me I needed surgery. I thought that would be just my luck. I finally get my life back on track and foot surgery will put me back on the couch. NOPE, he said if it doesn't bug me then leave it alone.

I haven't had any exercise in the last couple of days, but I am hoping to get a walk in on my lunch break tomorrow. Well, that's the plan anyway!

ALl those veggies I keep hearing about sound wonderful. Wanna ship some to California for me?

Hugs to you all!
Godiva
Old 06-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm doing OK - just OK - actually I'm POP but it doesn't seem like it's clicking in my head - more like going through the motions. Hoping to find the groove today where it feels right too.

Welcome Jane - I look forward to getting to know you.

Angie - seems like lots of our veggies come from California - glad to hear the doc gave you good news.

Heather - how are the two sessions a week going with the trainer?

Where's everyone - Barb, Terri, Lilion, Deb, Ruth, Val, Angela and all the other MIA's - we miss you!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #10  

Welcome, Jane! I think sweating in the garden counts as exercise -- unless you're only sweatin cause it's hot... What do you grow?

Angela -- Everything's fine with the electric. But we melted something in a GFCI switch, and it seemed to affect more things than were on the circuit... that was the weird part.

Carol - I think you're doing "fake it till you make it"! I hope you find the "click" or "zone".

I will be spending the whole day in Chicago with a friend of mine. Lots of walking (but lots of eating, too!). Supposed to be a pretty day, today, finally. So yay!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Im here! Had a wonderful day with dd on monday and back to the grind of my daycare yesterday. One little guy had shots the day before so he was not himself and needed lots of attention.
We had our first picking from the garden. We got 2 large ripe tomatoes and 3 yellow squash and 2 zuc and 9 bell peppers. I think it will be early next week before I get any cucumbers. I need to get out there and do some weeding today if its not to hot.
Food...is ok but Im with Carol...just doesnt seem to be exciting. You that feeling when your POP and its easy, I want that feeling back!!
jane and Angie- HI and welcome!!

heather_ have fun with your friend! Enjoy your day!

carol- We have had so much rain and humidity.

godiva- glad you got good news on your foot!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 309.6/296.4/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi y'all! I don't think I've posted in this thread before. I am about 10 days into this new lifestyle, and still getting used to it. I have been going to the gym every other day and working with a trainer once a week. I feel like I'm doing baby exercises, but considering I've never exercised before I guess that's where I need to start. I've worked up to two ten minute sessions on the bicycle and some light work with weights per session so far.

I seem to be having problems eating enough calories every day. I'm not used to eating every 3 hours (which is what my trainer recommends - three meals and three snacks). In fact, I used to eat one big meal a day and random snacks, some days just the one big meal. It's a big change for me. I'm using a program called DietPower to track my food intake and exercise.

The past ten days have seen me from my starting weight to a 5.5 lb loss, to a 7 lb gain that put me 1.2 lbs over my starting weight, and now I'm losing again, down 2 lbs from my starting weight. The days I went up were days that I ate less than 1,000 calories a day. I guess that's what caused it. I'm just glad the scale is back to going down instead of up! I hope the trend continues!

I enjoy reading all of the posts here and hope to get to know you all better.

Gina
Old 06-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #13  

Welcome, Gina! If you're exercising, would you be interested in joining our exercise thread? We're tracking the number of minutes we exercise and are trying to break our minutes from last year. We're doing well, but can use help from everyone to get there! (this invitation is for ALL of you!). Check it out at the top of the page!

Debbie -- Exciting produce! 9 peppers?!!

I had a great day in Chicago with my friend! However, I did overeat a bit!!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #14  

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Welcome to Angie!

Heather, I am working on my flower garden! Trying to remove bushes and plant some annuals. We put in a new rock border and dug out lots of roots and rocks...quite a work out! Also jealous of your Chicago visit! It is on my wish list. I told my DH that I want to go to Mall of America via Chicago this summer!

Welcome Gina! I too have a tough time eating enough calories. I find myself eating almonds at 8:00 PM to get my caories in!

Godiva - your garden sounds wonderful! Getting lots of rain here so all my flowers are gorgeous. I think I will try veggies next year!

gggirls - did you get your groove back?

My day started roughly today. Had to get the teenagers out of bed early and got attitude, nothing worse than surly teenagers! I am trying to jolly myself out of it!

I have auditions tonight, we have to find an actor to play Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" We have seen alot of kids the last few nights, tonight is final callbacks, so hopefully we will have our cast set by tonight!

Hope I can get the hang of this thread and get to know you all better!

Enjoy your day!

Jane
Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #15  

Jane - I live in the Chicago suburbs, so it's not that hard to get to the city!

Gardening can be a lot of work. I often include it in my exercise! Today I hauled mulch for example. ugh.
Closed Thread