Old 06-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #1  

Default I am having a major temper tantrum!

Or hissy fit...or meltdown, whatever you call it ....it ain't pretty!

I went into the kitchen to make dinner...I am SO sick of chicken breasts and brown rice and salad. I want real food with sauces and butter! I would love some bread and butter! Or sugar...mmmm...sugar...or chocolate! Or cookies....I could go on and on! I bought hubby steak and potatoes for dinner tonight...I know I can have a little steak and a bare potato, but it will not satisfy this tantrum!

Okay...I am going to stomp my feet, whine, and cry and then head into the kitchen for chicken breast and brown rice...*SIGH*

Thanks for letting me vent...I am having an incredibly rough evening!

Anybody else go through this?

~ Jane

Last edited by MissBliss; 06-23-2010 at 06:36 PM.
MissBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Oh yeah! I've been having a tantrum for the last 2 days! I needed CHOCOLATE CAKE!!! Fortunately someone posted this recipe, and I am now a happy bunny, having ate 2 today

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...p?recipe=83254
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #3  
Ashley

S/C/G: 349/333.4/170

Height: 5'9"

We ALL go through that!! My solution is to find really great recipes that use good all natural ingredients and veggies, etc. to help amp up the flavor minus the fat. I find myself getting in a rut of eating the same things week after week and then I feel like you do now. I know how frustrating it can be. Do something different with that chicken! Make breadless chicken parmasean by using whole wheat noodles and low-fat mozzarella cheese. Make your own tomato sauce to leave out the sugars and you have a great meal everyone will enjoy! I am NOT trying to preach, only offer some suggestions. The key, for me at least, is to have good, fresh ingredients on hand. I've been on and off the weight loss wagon and have always failed. This is what is working for me right now. Good luck to you!!! You can do it!
ablentlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm with Ashley! Eat what you make hubby, just make it a little different!

We had hamburgers tonight. My hubbs doesn't like the 4% fat beef, so I make that for myself and give him an 80-20. Sure I have a couple extras of each, but those will be a lunch for us. I had my burger on a whole wheat deli round with lots of lettuce and onions and a little ketchup. Rounded out the meal with corn on the cob and a big salad full of tomatoes, peppers, carrots, mushrooms, onions, and a little avocado. It was a perfect summer meal and totally within my calories for the day.

Yesterday we had steak -- I bought a lean cut (even though I DO prefer a nice marbly ribeye!). I made little foil packets of yellow potatoes, squash, onions, and some dill and grilled them with the steak. I used pam and only a couple pieces of potato on mine, but added a little butter and more potatoes for hubby and my daughter. Then I took fat free sour cream, mixed it with a little sprinkle of powdered ranch salad dressing mix and served that with the potatoes. No one even knew it was the fat free! And I just used a little taste of it for mine. We're all eating so much healthier since I started this, and no one has even complained. And I'm eating what they eat, with just a few little subs.

I truly believe that there is no way you will be able to keep this up if you try to eat chicken and brown rice the entire time. Get some healthy cooking magazines and use your imagination -- this can be really fun!

Edit -- I've been off and on this wagon a million times, too, and like Ash, this is what's working for me now. I just read my post and realized it sounded like I think I have all the answers -- and isn't THAT a laugh! But I HAVE been cooking great and enjoying my meals lately, so I wanted to give you some encouragement that it doesn't have to just be chicken and brown rice (which I really hate!)!

Last edited by shannonmb; 06-23-2010 at 08:57 PM.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #5  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

I totally get the tantrum. LOL! I was having one myself the other day. I love pasta and found some soy noodles with 0 carbs and 1 gram of fat per package at Safeway the other day. I made that with turkey sausage in marinara and the sara lee thins with brummel and brown and garlic. It was a great spaghetti dinner with about 25% of the normal fat. I satisfied me and got me over my hump. Good Luck!
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #6  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

No. I may not always be able to eat what I really want, but would never eat something I didn't want. If you don't like chicken/brown rice/salad or are bored with it, eat something else that fits your plan. Or change your plan. It seems to me that you're setting yourself up for failure.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #7  

This week my "Aunt" is visiting, and let me tell ya...the tantrum's ensue! I want chocolatey, sugary, delicious food! My biggest tool is, when I am having a serious craving, drink a tall glass of water and wait 20-30 minutes. Do I still want it just as bad, or has the beast calmed down a bit? More times than not, I am feeling more rational after some water and a self-enforced time-out. At the very least I am in a better place to control portions so if I HAVE TO HAVE chocolate, I can limit it to a few chocolate chips or something instead of 2 kind size candy bars.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote