Old 04-17-2010, 01:55 AM   #1  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Does anyone know your weight?

NO ONE knows mine. Not a soul in the world except people on this forum. Not even my boyfriend, who I've been with for 6 years. It's always been a terrifying subject for me, even at 135, my lowest weight. I sometimes wonder if this is an unhealthy characteristic. I know it is on some level, but how bad is it? Do your significant others know your weight?
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

My hubby and my kids. I don't mind if people ask me either, I've decided I can't be controlled by a number. Also it's great to say, I used to weigh 339, but now I'm at 279.
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:46 AM   #3  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

I don't tell anybody my weight either, except on this forum. I don't think my mom even knows. However, I also don't hide it from hubby. I write it down in a notepad every week, and the notepad is in the bedroom. He could look at it if he wanted to, but I doubt he ever will. He has, however, taken "before" pictures of me and measured me.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 277/235/135

Height: 5'7"

I never told anyone my weight until recently...now I realize it is just a number...one that I am changing...I think by putting it out there it gives me some accountability...we bought a Wii and the Wii Fit Plus tracks your stats...I didn't hide mine...I figure it is only going to get better...it was a little scary but I am comfortable with it now...

How the heck do I get the cute tracker you all have?
tryintoloseinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

i dont let my boyfriend know at all.
but i feel comfortable telling people (girls only so far) who have also struggled with weight or have lost weight.
Crystalynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Quote:

How the heck do I get the cute tracker you all have?
Hey tryintoLose
See this thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...ere-first.html

I still don't feel comfortable saying my weight, especially as a lot of men I know don't weight that much more than me - that bothers me, but then I am tall so I do have to recognise that I am going to be heavier than the average girl!

Anyway, a few people now know my weight, and I can just about say it out loud if asked. Another point is, I get asked often now, after losing, and it really bothers me the way people feel entitled to an answer about my personal stats!!!

Last edited by Ellie R; 04-17-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:08 AM   #7  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Besides all of you, my husband and mom are the only ones who know my weight.

There was a time I wouldn't even let myself know... I still wouldn't go around broadcasting it to strangers or anything, but I don't have a big problem talking about it anymore.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

For the past fifteen to twenty years, I've been entirely open about my weight to anyone who wants to know. Even if it's asked in a hostile way (usually those folks don't expect an answer they're trying to get me to get mad and say "none of your business," and instead I tell them my exact weight and say Yeah, I'm fat, what's your point?)

I think the whole weight-secrecy is kind of pointless. Who cares what I weigh, and what does it matter? It's not like I can hide the fact that I'm fat. And if I looked hot and fit, what the heck would the weight matter. And if I look flabby and fat, again what the heck would the weight matter.

I buy a lot of clothes in second-hand shops and it bugs me to death that so many women of my size cut the tags out of the garment. (They leave enough of the tag hagging or they leave the care tag intact, but the size tag is removed, proving that it isn't the tags itchiness that bothered them - it was the number). Drives me bonkers because I have to look in clothing several sizes higher and lower to try to guess what might fit.

I don't get it. If I can see you, I can see your size. If you can see me, you can see my size. What's with the "hide the number" logic?

I'm being facetious, because I do know why people lie about age, weight, height, income, clothing and shoe sizes.... It's because they've been taught that they're suposed to.

I've chosen to deliberately rebel against the sterotype. I joke that if I'm ever tempted to lie about my age or weight, I'm going to lie UP so that people will think that I look great (as opposed to suspecting that I'm lying, or thinking I'm telling the truth and just look much older or larger than I am).

Last edited by kaplods; 04-17-2010 at 03:27 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #9  

My weight?
Like actual numbers?
I am such a weenie that I won't even post it here...
Hiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

I honestly don't care who knows what my weight is, so if you ask I'll tell ya. Of course my boyfriend knows my weight as I feel that keeping secrets in a relationship is a bit silly. I tell him when I gain and when I lose and well...lol he knows everything about me and I'm not about to start hiding things from him.

It is just a number, as with age...blah blah. I can understand that moment, and I had it, when you shake and tell your boyfriend your weight, but you know I did it and found NO BIG DEAL lol. I mean I remember when I was younger fussing about it, but now I'm like WHO CARES?! Maybe we all need that moment to realize that though.

I weigh, as of a few days ago, 280 pounds. Right now that number means I've regained some weight and I have to get back on track. That is all it means...it doesn't change who I am and it doesn't change how my boyfriend or other people see me as a person and if there is someone out there who cares about a number like that and they decide to treat me poorly or etc...well then they can go to...well...you know.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #11  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

My husband knows my weight. He didn't know before I began losing weight 2 years ago, at least not accurately, because I didn't even know...I avoided the scale. I know his weight in an approximate range, too, because he works on his own health and weight loss and so we talk about the whole subject area quite a bit.

Other people don't know, simply because they haven't asked me. I suppose I would tell them if they asked. My stepmother did ask me on Easter what size I'm wearing now, and I told her. It was really no big deal.

I guess I don't have a lot of attachment to the number on the scale. It is just a number, after all.

Now, if only people would ask me about my A1C or blood pressure or cholesterol numbers, I'd love to tell them those things
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:44 AM   #12  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Sounds like it just depends on the person
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW: 359 / CW: 350 / GW: 200

Height: 5ft 5ins

I used to be very embarrassed of telling even my family my weight apart from my mom. Now all my family know my weight and of course everyone here. I wouldn't have a problem telling anyone now, even a stranger. I am what i am! People can see i'm very overweight, what more can a number do to add to that fact lol. I know i will not be this weight forever and i know eventually that number is going to be less and less over time.
GirlInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #14  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

My boyfriend knows my weight because he helps me exercise, and he weighs me everyday. I don't mind him knowing. My parents also know my weight because I was getting excited when the scale went down, and I blurted out the number. It doesn't really bother me anymore if people know. I used to be really bothered by it, but since I am getting lighter I am not shy about sharing the number.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
For the past fifteen to twenty years, I've been entirely open about my weight to anyone who wants to know. Even if it's asked in a hostile way (usually those folks don't expect an answer they're trying to get me to get mad and say "none of your business," and instead I tell them my exact weight and say Yeah, I'm fat, what's your point?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I've chosen to deliberately rebel against the sterotype. I joke that if I'm ever tempted to lie about my age or weight, I'm going to lie UP so that people will think that I look great (as opposed to suspecting that I'm lying, or thinking I'm telling the truth and just look much older or larger than I am).
Kaplods, I find you delightfully refreshing! I agree with your blunt unexpected response to the weight question, and I think it's hi-lar-i-ous to lie UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherdoodles87 View Post
My boyfriend knows my weight because he helps me exercise, and he weighs me everyday.
I am so happy you have this kind of relationship with your BF. I recently started dating somebody who would be just as accepting, but since I was raised in a family of fat-haters, it's my own shame that keeps me from sharing.

I have evaded the weight question the past because I am 5'11" and NOT small boned. So even when I have been in a svelte body (eons ago, now), people were still shocked to hear how much I weighed. They were also shocked to hear the size of the shoe I wear ... "Size 12 shoe? They even MAKE them that big for women?" It just got old, so I avoid those conversations.

As of now, two close friends "know" my weight. One is also very tall like me, and the other is in a similar weight range.

Last edited by Hyacinth; 04-18-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote