Old 02-17-2010, 03:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default I posted this.......

in weight loss support but I also wanted to post it here because I hope this might help anyone who is morbidly obese...like me.

Read this if you turn to food for comfort

My sister is dying.......

.......from her food addictions. She weighs over 600 pounds and has been in the hospital for the last 6 months because she was no longer able to care for herself. She is 63. 14 years older then me and was a second mom to me.
Sadly we had not talked since 2002 after our own mother's funeral. She had a way of pulling guilt trips on me (like our mother did to us) and I wanted no part of it anymore so I quit speaking to her for a while. Years went by. Last summer, before she went into the hospital I wanted to send my sister an old photograph of her and I that I found. She was 16 in the photo and I was 2 and we were sitting side by side on the couch. She was so thin and beautiful then. Unfortunately as she got older she put on weight (as all of us here has) due to carb addictions. I never did mail that picture. I will be getting it copied to give to her girls....my nieces.

Yesterday the doctors removed my sister's breathing tube. Her kidneys have shut down and her body is shutting down. I am so sad because my mobility is so bad from my morbid obesity that I cannot even get to Toronto to see her...to say goodbye before she is gone.....to hold her hand...kiss her cheek and stroke her hair. To whisper in her ear that I love her and I am sorry for not talking to her sooner and to tell her that her death will not be in vain. To tell her she is loved.

If I can say one thing to everyone here.....please please do not cheat on your woe. It is 100% not worth it. I did and regained my weight and am headed down the same path as my older sister. I swear I will never cheat again because from this day on, I will think of Leeana.

I love you big sister and will miss you. I hope my post helps anyone who eats for comfort. After my sister passes, I will never do that again. Eating a large bag of chips (or whatever food you turn to) is no comfort when people are dying from obesity related causes that are so preventable.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I am so sorry for what you are going thru. We are here for you anytime you need us. Hugs and I am truly sorry and will keep your family in my prayers.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I teared up reading - love yourself - we're here for you.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

*hugs* how very true.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 356/356/225

Height: 5'9

I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you. Thank you so much for the post. It makes you think twice about things.
Amberp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for your story. It rings too true
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie. I've watched it happen in my own family, it is so sad.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Peace
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing with us...the situation really rings true for me and so many others who have/had turned to food for comfort.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 3

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story.
Cethlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Jaime , thanks for sharing such a personal , intimate story with us. You can change your life , you don't have to follow in your sisters footsteps. I am sorry that you are experiencing such heartbreak and pray that you will find the strength to overcome this.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote