Old 01-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #1  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy "Blah" day

So I stayed on plan today, and I even got in a little bit of exercise, even with the restrictively busy Mondays we have at work. I should be excited. But I'm not.

Frankly, today is the first day since I started all this that I just didn't get all that excited. I'm scared that I'll lose my momentum, and I don't WANT to lose my momentum! I want this time to be my success. I want to keep going past the 2-3 week "honeymoon" period, on to the finish line.

Anyone else ever feel like this? Any good ideas how to snap the heck out of it?
lavieboheme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 6"

I'm still in the week 1-2 honeymoon but fear the blah you are feeling. That's usually a tough point for me. It will be interesting to see what everyone else says about this because I very much want to get over that hurdle when it comes.

I wish I had some good advice for you. Thank you for posting this. I hope you feel better soon.
chattykathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

Maybe try a new exercise? Or buy you a new pair of pants to work out in...invest something in it so you have to keep at.

My little idea is 15 pounds and I can get my hair highlighted! I keep thinking about how bad I want that done and that helps me get up and exercise... maybe look up some pictures of before and afters for motivation too.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I have learned not to rely on momentum or excitement or motivation. They will all fail you when you need them most. Try to concentrate on the idea that this is how you live now, that you are committed to it even when it's the last thing you want to do. You know what feels great? The day AFTER a blah day when you realize you stayed in control even though you were scared or tired or feeling blue or wanting to eat a large pizza. And that's the cool part, those feelings are fleeting. They don't linger forever. So don't give in and your next day will be a little brighter for knowing you are calling the shots in your body.

And never forget, EVERYONE has those kinds of days! You aren't alone.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #5  

lavie,
You are not alone. We all get that way once in a while. I know you just joined 3FC, have you had your first weigh in yet? Of what I've been reading you have been really moving and shaking it and watching and planning your meals very carefully. I'm sure when you get on the scale your gonna get that extra motivation you need. And also keep in mind we enjoy your posts over on the POSITIVE thread.
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

I have a scale that measures down to .2 pound and I get on it every day religiously. That's my motivation. I can usually see some sort of movement and I look for that every morning. I'm also neurotic, so maybe that isn't the healthiest thing in the world.
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I've been doing this for about 6 months, not even close to maintenance but I can say that I've learned a thing or two here at 3FC.

It's committment that carries us through. I don't depend on how inspired or motivated I feel on any given day. I now realize that whatever I do today is what I must continue to do in the future when I want to maintain my proper weight. It's been six months and I still have to consciously make good choices.

I have lost and regained more weight over the course of 30 years than I would ever like to think about. The difference this time is not depending on my emotions to carry me through. I wake up most mornings having to remind myself what I need to do. I plan, plan, plan for success--be it eating out, grocery shopping, working out, etc. Do I ever slip up? You bet I do. It just doesn't even phase me anymore. I just pick right up and move forward.

Committment is the key. Whether it feels good or not, just committ to doing it. Forgive yourself if you mess up. Come here for all the advice/encouragement you'll ever need. Of course, shake it up a little if you get bored. Reward yourself for weight lost and good choices that you make

Now, here's the good news. With 50 pounds lost I find myself slipping up less. I see better habits in place. And, if I'm needing an emotional boost I remind myself how good it feels to be able to fit in my office chair without the arms digging in. Or how good those new pants feel and how close I am to shopping in 'regular stores' (at this point I'm sort of in between plus and regular sizes). Or I remind myself of my increased stamina. I use these things to remind myself that what I'm doing pays off!

Be encouraged. I think what you're feeling is very normal. But, you can do this!!!!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #8  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, everybody! I did some blogging, and some inventory work for my side business that I run from home, and then decided to take care of me and have a bubble bath and read while soaking. That seemed to help a little. My fiance seems to think I'm just overly tired and is insisting I get to bed early. He's also insisting I tell him all the good stuff that happened today, and just like a lot of you mentioned, to look at the fact that I did indeed stay on plan and didn't pamper myself with food, or indulge my cravings as though they were whiny children. I guess that is definitely to be celebrated!

I am now also trying not to wet myself laughing...evidently, the new way of eating has worked some magic on the man of the house, too! He was standing in the doorway of my study, talking to me and not really even moving around much, and his pants just FELL OFF!!!! Buttoned, zipped, and even with the belt buckled!!!! It was AWESOME!!!!
lavieboheme73 is offline   Reply With Quote