Old 01-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #1  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Default Back again and need to do it!

Hello ladies and welcome to 2010. For me it's the year to not procrastinate as 2009 seemed to be the year of procrastination. I spent a lot of time lazing on the couch with my now husband doing a whole lot of nothing. We've both made the promise to each other to just get up and do something and not put it off for another day.

During my laze-fest of 2009 I did manage to do some commuting to work on my bike, which I want to get back to as soon as it gets a bit warmer, but I've also fully wrecked my knees. I can barely walk now and have such difficulty walking from one point to the other it makes me frustrated to try anything else. I know that if I start doing stuff that the knees and back will feel better, but as always for me, it's the fear of the pain that keeps me from not moving. I need to be able to do some significant walking come early April and I'm trying to focus on that for motivation. The company I work for has an event at a resort that is very spread out and you're walking a half mile or so just to get to your room, not to mention back and forth to the exhibit hall, etc. It about killed me last year and I really don't want that again.

So here I am. Back again, for all of your wonderful advice, support and camaraderie. I'm making changes in my diet, but not going full force like I did last time in hopes of not having another failure. I don't want to fail, I want to succeed and be able for my husband and I to go on hikes and bike rides and enjoy life.

Whining done, thanks for listening.
NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!

I know what you mean about procrastinating, i did that for during December, i just "put things off" ....

You can totally do this, one step at a time. If you need smaller changes that you can be comfortable with then I think that is a great plan. Small changes do make a difference over time. I want to get more out as well, I did used to love hiking.

Welcome back!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #3  

Start out slow ... try water aerobics. It is much easier on the joints. Or try a DVD that you can do at home like the Rochelle Rice's Empowering Woman through movement.

Even working out with a kids game like Wii will help get you moving again.
plus style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #4  

Hugs and welcome home, NorJen!

I'm so discouraged at how fast what little conditioning I had is gone. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer to start bicycling commuting. w00h000 for another cyclist here!

Hugs to all,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back! I wish you the best on your weight lost journey. Here's to a great 2010!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #6  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I've been thinking about a Wii just to get moving and have some fun at the same time. As soon as I can afford it, I think I'll make that purchase.

I've come to the realization that I have been in a depression for the last 6 months and am just now working myself out of it. I'm hoping that my new headspace and new choices are going to help me stay on track.
NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Jen - it's great to see you - I've missed you!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote