Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

Mirado: Welcome. This will be your decade. You have decided and it will be. Good for you. Great job exercising 4 times a week too.

Rat: Tom acted like he was coming on for a strong visit then just fell away from me. Hmmm wonder if it is meds or time to change for me? I am excited about your WLS for you. No need to freak out. You will do fine!

Pink: Okay girl. Kick in the butt time. Today is the new day. Write down all that you are eating so at least you can hold yourself accountable. I did that yesterday and it worked. I didn't want to write on the sheet crappy things so, I didn't eat them. Hugs.

Debbie: Great choices you are making. What game is it you were talking to Rat about that is a walking game? I am so interested?

Heatherhb: Woo hoo for walking 5 miles. You rock girl.

Kayley: Hi there. Have a super great day.

Catherine: I hope that you enjoy school and you are not allergic next time you go.

Erink: Sounds like you are planning things out with WW. Great job

Dani: Hi sweetie; So glad to see you back. Hang in there doll.

Well, I went to my group counseling last night for wls patients and I had to leave after about1/2 hour becuase of chest pains. I had to go home and take a nitro. I didn't want to take one at the group cause they would have been paying more attention to me and not the leader plus it makes my head feel like it is going to explode and one more plus, I wanted to monitor my blood preassure while I was taking it. It seemed to help but, I have decided that i need to talk to my Dr more about my heart. I need to be better informed on what to expect and if I need a transplant like they keep mentioning then why I am not on a list. Just thoughts that are choking me actually. I am trying so hard to be positive and upbeat and say everything is okay but truthfully I feel like crap most of the time. So, time for some answers.

Great note is after watching my food intake I am down 2 pounds this morning. Only 16 more to go to reach my next goal. I will change my tracker if I don't lose more from Tom symptoms. Just waiting to see what is going to happen there.

I pray that everyone has a blessed and happy day today.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #32  

Hi jacquie: we must have been posting at the same time. Hugs.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #33  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Annie - I'm glad you've decided to get some answers from your doctor. It must be very scary for you. Do you have a good doctor? Please don't push yourself too hard, and listen to what they say. Hugs.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Annie, hope you are feeling a bit beter now, you ought to se your Dr. & get some details about what they're doing and what to expect HUGS xxxxxxx
I've hurt my back & in a lot of pain - hence not posting as I promised to be upbeat & happy this year...sigh I struggle to move at all, topilet stuff is a nightmare tmi I know. Seeing physio tomorrow hope he can help as we are supposed to be visiting parents as Gareth's birthday treat-he could have gone to a theme park, bowling, the cinema, but he wanted to see Grandma & Granddad.
Pinkflamingo- you look SO CUTE in your 'blonde' pic! xxxxx
gotta go & apply heat to my back
xxxxxxxsharon
Old 01-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #35  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi, everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum. What a great group!

I wanted to share my good news of the day. I started back on my diet and exercise on Monday and today I could feel the difference! It was easier to get up the stairs, I was more flexible and getting dressed was easier. Woo hoo!

Ratkity- What kind of WLS are you doing? I have the lap band.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
Hi, everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum. What a great group!

I wanted to share my good news of the day. I started back on my diet and exercise on Monday and today I could feel the difference! It was easier to get up the stairs, I was more flexible and getting dressed was easier. Woo hoo!

Ratkity- What kind of WLS are you doing? I have the lap band.
Crud, I lost mah reply post. I'm going for the duodenal switch. If I counted right, stupid TOM is going to show up the day of surgery (Feb 2). Ack!!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 01-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 341/338/120

Height: 5'5"

Default *Waving*

Hi everyone.

Just thought I would go ahead and start posting here. I am a little confused on where to post daily stuff, is it here in this thread or make a new one in the 300+ catagory?

Anyhoo...

Starting my weigh in's today so I can be on track with Biggest Loser show, I know it's silly but it gives me motivation and thats good any kind of way you can get it, right?!

So I started at 341 last Thursday and today I am 338.6! Woot. Good start! I will be truly happy when I pass 328. It seems ive been packin on the pounds fast this last year... im ready to be smaller next year this time. I know if I am not smaller... I will be bigger. I cannot do that.

Alright well I better make a blog cause I will chat your ears off!

Hope everyone is having a good day and if not YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #38  
Just keeping on truckin'

Hey guys,

I am really struggling at the mo. I got some news today that brought my world crashing down around me. I've been alternately sobbing/throwing up all night. It's nothing medical/death-related.

I feel rock bottom right now. Every breath feels so hard.

Could really use your prayers/good thoughts. xoxo

Will post more when I feel up to it.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Gypsy -- Welcome!! You can post daily here... or if you want to start a thread for a topic, go ahead!! We generally do a lot of chatting here...

Pink -- I am so sorry to hear that. Sending good thoughts your way.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #40  

Pink: My GP is excellent. My cardiologist, well I don't really know him yet. Hugs and prayers coming your way sweetie.

Sharon: Feel better very soon doll. Hugs.

Chattykathy: Welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you better. Great NSV about going up the stairs.

Gypsy: Welcome. Jump right in anytime you feel like it. Glad you are here. Great weight loss too.

Well, it has been a not so great day but, I go to the Dr. tomorrow and hopefull will get a few answers about things. I have been taking it easy today no exercise at all except I did take the time to straighten my pantry out as it was all jumbled and I don't like messes. One great thing happening right now is my sweetheart Pepper dog (almost 13) is eating her dinner again. She stopped eating after Bearbee died and now she is eating again and getting a little bit frisky. I hope and pray the puppy picks her up. Well both of us actually. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #41  
Just keeping on truckin'

Heather - Thanks hon.

Annie - Glad you have a good GP to fight for you at least. The new pup is a golden, right? Is Pepper the same type? I love dogs!

I realize that it might be hard for some people to understand why this upset me so much, but my pastor told me today she's retiring in June. I had a childhood with a lot of abuse and neglect, and she's been like a 2nd mom to me. We meet most weeks and talk for a few hours and she's always there to email me or give me hugs. Anyway, she is pretty much my only support right now. I am really isolated and it's hard for me to get close to people because I hate myself so much. She just means so much to me, I spend Christmas at her house. I knew she was going to retire soon (she's 65) but it's just really hard, I feel sad and scared. She is also moving away.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Pink -- Sweetie of course you're upset. It's like losing your mom!! I hope you can find ways to get more support!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #43  
Just keeping on truckin'

Thanks Heather,

I just feel really heartbroken right now.

I came home and threw up and sobbed for hours, and I feel exhausted now. I still can't breathe properly.

I get really depressed a lot, and she is always there for me. I'm afraid of looking after myself (I'm 27, it's kind of pathetic)

We are going to try to find me a counsellor and maybe another pastor she's friends with with help give me support, but I am just heartbroken. I feel bad because I feel like I should be happy for her (she's moving to be closer to her grandchildren), but part of me just feels like screaming "But what about me???"

Sorry for the earful
Old 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Pink - *HUGS* Hang in there...one door closes another opens, sometimes more than one. *HUGS*

Annie - I think it is a good idea to find out more. It sounds like a scary situation and I hope you are doing okay. I hate not knowing what is going on with me, I can assume you are the same as most of us are. *HUGS* I hope you get some answers sooner rather than later.

Chattykathy - Welcome welcome welcome!

Gypsy - Welcome as well!

Well...yeah okay I'm hormonal lol. I want FOOD, but I have resisted the evils of what is out there...instead I managed to have a spoonful of raw honey (i want sweets) and I made a raw apple crumble thing. Meh, tasted okay, I had a few spoonfuls and was happy. I just sort of threw it together, for a quick thing, like 4 minutes to make, it was pretty good. Makes me wonder what other healthy treats I can whip up.

*waits for TOM*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 01-06-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Ratkity, I know what you mean about having your house that clean...lol...that was cute. Sounds like you have it all together as for your follow up care. Good for you! I'm excited for you!!

Heatherb, wow! 5 mile walk is great to start off with. And the NSV of not snacking at night, thats a HUGE accomplishment. Thats my big downfall too. I can do great during the day but suck at nights. I'm doing better this time around though.

Kayley, good to see you back and the puter problems are solved!

Pink, I love BL ! I don't think I could of stood in front of my whole town nd weighed in front of them though. The humiliation factor for myself and my family would be too much for me.

Catherine, that would be awful if you are allergic to him...LOL. I found when I have a visit from TOM, my weight will go up the week before, then I lose about 5lbs while on it and wont have any cravings and then right after its gone, I'm eating everything in sight! It totally sucks!!

erinkman, I'm with you...I feel the same way. I just hope it keeps up but I'm sure theres going to be a wall that I hit and want to get back to the bad foods and behaviors. Gotta think positive though!!

Dani, glad to hear the meds are working for you and wonderful that you lost a pound over the holidays!!

Annie, Its called Walk it off and its for the Wii and you can use your wii board or the dance pad from DDR. It just looks like you are walking thru neighborhoods and different places. You're a cartoon avatar. Its sorta cute. I looked it up under Amazon.com. I like walking best of all so this seems right up my alley. I hope you find out the answers you need from your doctor. I'm so sorry you've come so far and for this to happen to you. Feel better...*hugs*
Aw, so glad to hear that she's eating again. I'm sure the pup is going to brighten both of your days!

Sharon, ouch!! Nothing worse than having the back act up. Take it easy and rest it.

Hi Gypsy, welcome and just post away!! Lots of support here.

Pink, hope you feel better soon and you'll be in my prayers tonight. So sorry about your pastor leaving when you're so close to her.

Jacquie, the apple thingy sounds pretty tasty. Get in there and fiddle around some more and come up with some tasty snacks!! Did the honey quench the cravings for sweets?

I did good today! I had a muffin for breakfast cuz of course, out there doing deliveries again..lol..and then we went to BK again but I had a salad instead of the burger. I was having a V8 moment (hitting self in head) and wondering why I didnt have it yesterday. It's not a large salad but it hit the spot. I still havent had dinner so have to decide on what to do there. Still need another liter to get down too.
toodles
Closed Thread