Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #16  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

annie- some people arent happy unless theyre controlling others lol. just do your best to ignore her and do what you want anyway.. my mother was very controlling and i learned very early to have 'selective' hearing.

cyn- sorry about the troubles with your brother. family huh? sometimes its too bad you cant pick em like you do your friends

well, im finally starting to feel better since my cake binge ..i dont even like cake, so go figure lol. im going for a walk soon and really going to watch my cals today. i wish i could afford a gym membership. i get so bored trying to figure out exercises alone here at home all the time. i do have some dumbells and work with those but nothing steady as i dont really know what im doing lol. i signed up for the biggest loser challenge and hope that helps me stick to it some. i like friendly competition
well, i hope you all have a really good day
Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies. Just passing through. I've got so much to get done today. I need to go and pick up some floral arrangements for my Grandfather's funeral tomorrow, and pick up the stuff to make up some muffins for tomorrow as well. And then I've gotta hit the gym sometime this afternoon, since I'll be gone all day tomorrow with the funeral and everything else.

So, this may be TMI, but I got a Urinary Tract Infection, and I've been chugging Cranberry Juice to get rid of it, and I definitely think my weight is going to be up on Saturday, because it's so full of sugar and whatnot. (Cuz I'm drinking the 100% juice stuff, that works the best). But I just have to think of it as medicine, right? Heh. And hopefully, next week, I'll see a loss.

I need to take some -50 lbs pictures soon. I keep putting it off.

Ratkitten - Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it. Hope you get back to feeling 100% asap! Bronchitis is no fun.

Twilightwing - Sometimes we binge for no apparent reason, even if we don't like the item we're bingeing on. Doesn't make sense, but it happens. The key is that you're back on track now, and it's behind you!

Heather hb - Haven't tried the Sports Resort, yet. I think we're going to rent it this weekend, though, because a friend of ours was talking about it. We love the Wii. We've had it for about 6 months, and it never gets boring.

Jacquie - I don't have insurance, and haven't had it for a long time, so I have no clue, sorry.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #18  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-If someone changed my writing, there would be bloodshed involved. You have great restraint.

Jac-Health insurance, don't get me started. I'm guessing that looking at your skin was what set off warning bells that there might something cosmetic involved.

Taking it easy today trying to get thing arranged for school to start next week. Mostly trying to get my schedule situated.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #19  

Hiya my peeps,

Jacquie, I had something randomly rejected by my insurance. New office person put the wrong primary codes in. The insurance paid it in the end. They hope you don't fight it and they make money on a technical error. Keep up the good fight!

Oh dear about the writing Annie. I'm a gov't worker, so I'm used to people editing my writing style. If I wait long enough, it goes back to where it was originally and everyone is happy they put their 2 cents worth in the document. The funny part is that the same people tell me I'm a good writer. Be careful on the machines.. yeah, you already know that. Hugs to that tank of a puppy!! Mine are in front of my gas fireplace, stealing my warms.

I am feeling better and can even smell today! yay! I am still coughing a wee bit and more than a little tired after a full day at work. I found out that my whole cubical area was diseased over the holidays. Everyone had some version of what I had.

Hugs to all!!
Luv,
Ratkity

PS BUURRRRRRR cold in DC! I could do without the wind!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Well chickies I had personals written out..then my computer turned off..ugh!!

I think it is time to clean it out again.

So tonight watching movies with hubby and kids..if i can stay awake
Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Evening all,

I have done so much exercise for me today. It felt great. I did the elliptical 2 different times for 5 minutes each. Rode the bike for 30 minutes then took my old doggie for a walk around the snowy block.

I was all set to go for another walk with hubby and doggie but I layed on the floor next to doggie and my head hit a toy that my other dog, Bear loved and it sings songs and I just lost it. I can't believe how sad I am about losing my sweet little Bearbee. It just came like a wave. I guess being about that time of the month might have something to do with it Hmmm.

Twilight: Yep. I just ignored her and haven't even looked at it and probably won't until she leaves. Good luck with the Biggest Looser Challenge.

Kayely: I hope that you can see a Dr. very soon about your infection! Sometimes they don't go away so easily and they are so painful. Not what you are needing right now. Hugs.

Catherine: She is a school teacher and I think that most of the corrections she did will end up being grammer etc. but, I'm with you. No big deal though. I can change it right back. Have fun getting ready for school.

Rat: Stay warm sweetie pie.

Cyn: Sorry about your post. Have a nice night with hubby.

Well, speaking of hubby, mine is back from said walk with Pepper so I am gonna get off her for tonight.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 12-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I have been here, but here I am. There has been a decent amount of activity in my life since I have been away. In July I started a new job (not really by choice, I got the job because the person who had it was laid off). It has been a very hard job. I average about 60 to 70 hours per week. I have also been traveling a good amount. I have averaged 1 to 2 weeks per month. I am traveling for 3 weeks in January, at least one month in February, and we will see beyond that. That has caused me to lose focus on a) eating well and b) exercise. Then my dad had a heart attack the week before Thanksgiving. He is actually doing well at this point. His meds most likely caused it (combined with having knee surgery that day). It was a scare though, as he had 3 heart incidents this year. One Thursday I flew back from California, he had a heart attack that night, and we drove 13 hours that Friday. It was a very short but good trip to see him and the rest of the family.

All of this being said, I have gained about 20 pounds back on. I am teetering around 300 pounds now, and it stinks. I am struggling to get my food back under control. And when to work out? Just need to get my crap together.

I am going to try to check in here more, but we will see. If I am struggling for exercise time, I shouldn't be playing on here.

Glad to see you all again.

Angie
Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #23  

Well I start pre conditioning (MRC) tomorrow! I am excited but lack confidence. I hope that it comes as I lose weight! I enjoy reading all your posts and hope to get to know you better!
Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 AM   #24  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hey girls! How are you all tonight?

I went to the hairdresser to get my hair trimmed, and she talked me into going blonde!!! Aaaah!

What is everyone's plans for NYE?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Just a quickie.....
Annie your new pup is SO cute, I thought of sugesting getting a dog/pup once you felt up to it but didn't want to upset you. I would take issue with the 'corrections' made by sis-in-law (?) ok to say 'Oh I spotted a couple of errors' but TERIBLE to take it on herself to correct them on YOUR book! I'm WAY pedantic about spellings/grammar but would never alter stuff unless asked (or when I'm in school). xxxxxxxx
Carol one day we WILL meet in Derby or that area I hope.xxxxxxx
Ratkitty, hug that ole parrot for me, lol!xxxxxxx
Beth, WELCOME xxxxxx
Pinkflamongo, what's your natural colour? I'm brunette but went blonde for a while, there's a shade of blonde for every skin tone & hair colour. xxxxxx
Umm hope I got everyone, things are a bit weird here, bil is eating (& drinking all the beer, vodka & even my special yearly treat of Tia Maria-that got me REALLY mad, he didn't even ASK!!!!) us out of house & home, hope he gives us something towards his keep soon as we are struggling to buy food this week. I'm going to re-commit (SP??) to weight-loss in Jan, it's been a sh*tty year for me/us but we're still here & together so I'm thankful for that..... I MUSt try & be more amusaing/happy rather than moany & miserable this/next year...lol
xxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 12-30-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Annie - Sounds like someone else I know lol. They are totally unaware of their "helpfulness" and how it comes across lol.

Kaleystar - Hang in there....I know funerals are a bit rough, been to a few myself. *HUGS* Sounds like you are really supporting your family and being there for everyone. As for cranberry juice, very good for you, despite the sugar. I actually love cranberry juice and cranberries are wonderful for so many things. See a doc if it doesn't get better though.

Catherine - I think you are right, but it is hard to get information at this point. I don't have anything official from my insurance, probably because of the holidays. So, annoying lol. i'm lucky that it is only going to cost me $122, but my concern is that if I go in for my yearly and something skin related comes up, does that mean the entire visit is rejected? I'm totally gonna fight this though.

Ratkitten - I've heard that too, that most people don't fight it, so I will this time. I figure it is worth the time and though not going to set me back too much, if I don't learn the system now then I might be in trouble with it later. So, this is all a learning curve for me. I'm new to insurance lol. I'm a newb! Glad you're feeling a bit better! Perhaps that is a positive sign for the New Year! Good health!

Realist - *HUGS* Those hard times suck and I often find myself struggling with my weight during those times. I think we all do as our emotions are high, are stress are high, we probably aren't taking care of ourselves as we are focused on taking care of other people. Getting back on track is what is important, I'm with you on that, we all are. *HUGS*

Voodoo - *HUGS* New Year, new positive things! I keep telling myself that. I too, Jan 1st, am going to dive back in. I want to continue to work on my emotional self as well as kick this weight off of me. New Year, NEW Possibilities!

Pink - I'm going to watch horror movies and relax this new year. Well...perhaps I'll have some frozen drinky poos....yay!

Up a bit late this morning. Gotta get back to sleeping properly. I have trouble getting to sleep, so I get up a bit late. I guess since the holiday is approaching, I gotta get to the store tomorrow and get things for juicing. Going to attempt that again...I think I can get around the green juices, but to be honest, I am so annoyed at the weight on me that I want to just cleanse some of it out and then slowly get back to eating just raw as much as possible. I'm happier then...the problem is right now I don't want to focus on food for me. I just want to relax and get away from dishes and recipes and blah blah. I need a food break. lol. We'll see how it works out.

I hope everyone is well. *HUGS*
Old 12-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies...today i stepped on the scale and i definately didnt like the number i saw i am up 7 lbs but im not changing my ticker but i just finished a 3 mile walk the madness stops here!!! seeing that really put things back in perspective for me and tomorrow i am buying lots of healthy things for me to eat i am going to get some appetizers for my husband and my g/f but im gonna buy a veggie tray for me to have I havent heard from my g/f about whether she is coming over or not so i will have to call her today i have a feeling she might have went upnorth with her brother and kids for the week i dont know but if that is true we will probably end up either staying home alone or going over to my parents for the evening we will have to see what happens

talk to you ladies soon
Heather
Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 350/332/200

Height: 5'7

Hi, everyone! I hope it's OK for me to just jump in here.

I was telling my husband today that I really feel excited about starting my weight loss journey. I feel that this time, unlike previous times, he is really supporting me. I think he didn't support me 100% before because he doesn't like "diets" and didn't want me to feel like he agreed that I needed to lose weight. But, this has gotten to the point where I think he is finally on board with me plans. (I'm nearing 350 right now... God knows where I will be in a few months.)

Of course... I don't get to start dieting until next year, after the baby is born! (I'm 24 weeks pregnant ) So my fear is that I'll lose this driven attitude by then and just be focused on the baby and let it all slide. I guess only time will tell.

I have an doctor appointment tomorrow. I'm nervous about developing pre-e and HELLP again like last time. My blood pressure has been on the rise - so they are actually doing a "bonus" ultrasound tomorrow to make sure the baby is handling everything OK in there. I'm excited to get a sneek peak at my little girl again! I hope things go well... I'm nervous about needing to go on bedrest like last time. With a 16 month old toddler, bedrest seems like it would be a real challenge. Wish me luck!

Sorry to be so me-me-me on this post... I don't have enough time to comment on everyone's posts. But, I have to say that you are ALL in inspiration. You all are creating such a wonderful and supportive community here.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 327/327/225

Height: 5"9

I am new here, and looking for support. I am sick of being over 300# I am hoping that being on here and chatting with you all will give me what I need to lose. I am addicted to Biggest Loser....wish I could go on the show. I know that would work. Hope to make some new friends here.

Amy
Old 12-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

ohioU:welcome!!! Jump right in

mama: Motivation comes and goes for most of us...stay here and soon youll be loosing

hb: sorry your up on the lbs

jacquie: I have not been sleeping well either..for me too much on the mind

Annie: sorry things are rough for yu with the pooch you lost..it is so sad. hugs

as for me: I am off of work til monday YEAH!!! That place really urks me sometimes lol SO tonight watching another movie..and tomorrow I think we are going out of town not sure. They got snow up north and hubby wants to go play in it. I will be mailing out my cards for OWH tomorrow. I have made 35..not alot but every bit helps.
Closed Thread