Old 11-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #1  

Default Introduction

Hi there. I have been "lurking" here for a while, trying to find the motivation to join all of you on your weight-loss journey. I still haven't found that motivation, but I am joining anyway!

I am not following any specific plan - I am just going to make small changes that I can live with, and once I have adjusted to one change, I will implement another. I know this is going to be a long journey for me, but I am determined to do it. I am 40 in 19 months, and I want to be much closer to my goal by then.

I haven't weighed myself in ages (I will do so tomorrow morning), but I figure I am probably around 375. I am only 5'3", so I have a lot of work ahead of me!

I also noticed I don't look at myself in the mirror - I mean really look. I am almost shocked when I see a picture of myself (and I don't allow many of those to be taken). It is strange to me that I don't truly see myself.

Anyway, sorry for babbling. I look forward to getting to know you all as we get through this.

Heather.
4mygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Heather!! (great name!) Congrats on de-lurking and good luck on your journey!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome! And wow - you have done amazing! I need the success stories to show me that this can be done!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #4  

Hi Heather,
Welcome to 3FC and congratulations on taking the first step on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. I'd like to invite you to check out the POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: PART FIVE (soon to be part six) thread. We're just a group of great people who try to check in every day and claim one or more positive things about ourselves. Some days the positive is just flowing and other days we gotta really search for it, but it's there. I Look forward to getting to know you better.

Later - Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I can really identify with the mirror/photo thing. I started out last year at 370 lbs and only looked in the mirror to brush my hair and would have BEAT you if you'd tried to take a photo of me, LOL. (Thank goodness I was stuck at an event with a photographer last June otherwise I would have no before pics like the one in my avatar <-- )

Now, at 218 lbs, I'm certainly not THIN but I look pretty darn good for my height/weight, I wear a 12/14 top and 14/16 bottom and I'm a mirror ho and a camera hog, LOL.

Best of luck to you on your journey, and I can't wait to read about your becoming a mirror ho and a camera hog sometime soon!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #6  

learningtoliveagain - thank you for the welcome, and I will check out that thread. I think it is important to remind ourselves of the good things - because I know I certainly focus on the bad

DCHound - way to go! That is awesome! You have done so well, that is so motivating for me! I look forward to being a mirror ho and camera hog as wel!