Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1237

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone...well I have some pretty rotten stuff going on; my oldest son was given 4 weeks by us to leave our home, he got somewhere to live & was moving out...Sunday he was collecting some of his stuff. I asked when he was going to pay me money he owed ($400 approx=£200) he got nasty so hubby came down & told him to get out now...after some shouting Philip head-butted him & we had to have him arrested. I honestly don't know how we got through the day...police took statements...hubby was stunned and shocked...neither of us could face food til 6pm & then we had a Chinese.....looks like that + the booze I had to help me sleep won't help my weight-loss. Luckily my boys were watching tv & didn't really see much.
Sorry for the moan, I feel pretty numb and scared in case he comes back & goes crazy coz I called the police on him.
Annie GREAT to hear from you, I hope you can get the help to get healthy again. Be easy on yourself it all must be such a shock after all the surgery, weight -loss & exercising you did. Have you thought about a visit to your family or even a couple of days away from home, the change might do you good if you're well enough. xxxxxxx
Kayley, SO glad we only have Christmas to worry about!! Where did you get the recipes from?xxxxx
Cyn, how are you now, is your 'tummy' any better?xxxxxx
GG GREAT to 'see' you again.xxxxx
Well gotta take one son to school, youngest is ill with bad throat & horrible 'barking' cough, hubby is watching him as he's not at work til later. Luckily he only got a nose bleed & not a broken nose or black eyes or he'd have had to have time off work.
xxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 11-16-2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: typos, missed stuff out....brain dead...lol
Old 11-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning ladies...just finished doing my circuit training workout and i always feel soo good after i do it and now im getting ready to do some laundry.

You guys are probably gonna think that i am really weird but i was just looking at my ankles and they look reallly skinny like i have never seen my ankles this skinny ever..that is awesome

Im really trying hard this week cause i really would like to lose 3-4 lbs so i can be well on my weigh to being 50 lbs down by the 18th of december..that is my next goal.

voodoo1-I am soo sorry to hear about what happened with your one son and having to call the police on him that has got to be a horrible feeling..try to keep your chin up things will get better soon

well, off to do laundry talk to you ladies soon
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 11-16-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Sharon ~ What a horrible situation! So sorry you went through that. It sounds like your son might be dealing with some serious issues, other than getting a place to live. Hopefully he sees the light.

Heather ~ Woohoo for skinny ankles!

Well, I had my FINAL weigh-in today for my Better Weigh challenge at the Y. I lost another 4 lb this past week... here are my 8 week totals!

Weight lost - 36 lb.
Inches lost:
Bust - 4
Waist - 6
Hips - 6
Thighs - 1 each
Biceps - 1.5 each

I am SO happy and SO proud of myself! I can really do this... and I AM doing this... Just because my challenge is over doesn't mean I am. I'm hoping to be down another 15-20lb by Christmas. Nice mini-goal, I think. The awards banquet is Wednesday night and my partner and I will find out our overall placing. SO anxious!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #5  

Well, I started my Internship today. I am utterly exhausted. I did sooo much walking. Add that to my hour long walk during a court recess, plus the TaeBo I did at 5am, and it was a very active day! Heh. And I get to do it all again tomorrow. The keeping busy really helped curb my snacking. I brought sugar free gum with me to tide over cravings, since I can't eat in the court room. lol. Maybe that'll all pay off on Saturday for my weigh in.

Sharon - I'm so sorry that your son is still giving you all this trouble. I hope tha he will STAY away, so you can recover from that spectacle, and just move on. *hugs*

I got the recipes off Sparkpeople.com; after I've made them if they're awesome, I'll post them on the recipe thread.

Andrea - That's just awesome, congrats!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sharon -- Sounds like a tough situation with your son!!! And here's another one I hope you can all move past it.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Sharon: my tummy comes and goes. Seems to be getting better. Sorry about what happened with your son. I really hope someday he can grow up. I have an aunt in jail..she has spent 20 years in and out of prison/jail. Some never learn

kayley: Internships are rough. My friend is a nurse and she also worked full time and is a mom of 2 girls.Give yourself alot of extra down time when you can.

hb: Skinny ankles are great!!! WTG!!!

Hippie: You are doing it!!! We are proud of you too!

As for me: I got 3 Valentine day cards done yesterday. I have never made one in my life! They actually look great! I know our heros will love them and whomever they send them too. Hubby and i are going to make get a way plans for the first part of Dec. Will only be an over nighter but we really need time alone. My son has an interview friday at Toys R us. Crossing fingers he will get it!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #8  

Cyn - What a fun idea! How many Valentine's Day cards are you going to make up? Good luck to your son! They are doing tons of seasonal hiring right now, so hopefully he'll get it! I don't think I could handle a toy store around Christmas...yikes!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Sometimes I get mad at life. Doesn't it know that losing weight is hard enough without throwing a bunch of crap at all of us making it harder? Health issues and family issues put things like losing weight on the back burner. I think we all need a group hug right about now.

As for me, I had a long talk with my spiritual director last night, and instead of focusing on what is going wrong with my diet, we talked about when it was going right. The two times I did really well, was right after my angina attack, and right after my son went into the Navy. The first one was in response to a health scare, but those only last as long as you are truly in fear for your life. The second time was realizing that I had half my life left, but couldn't live the way I was.

Now, I am pretty much doing everything with my life that I wanted to, and my weight isn't holding me back. That's the problem. Except for flying in a plane, which I don't like to do even when skinny, I'm now doing all the stuff that I promised myself I would do "as soon as I lost weight." Telling myself that I want to lose weight to live longer, is just too remote, and not a good motivator.

So what to do? I remember when I was working at a mental health clinic talking to new AA members who had trouble with the "higher power" stuff. They were told to just go through the motions at first if they didn't feel it, until they did. So that's where I am at. I don't feel that motivation that I did when I was doing well, so until I do again, if I ever do, I am going to go through the motions that I took when I was losing weight well.

I began today to weigh and measure everything I eat, and write everything down that goes into my mouth. As a further check and balance, I am going to commit to posting my daily calorie count here every evening. Today I had 1616 calories with 34.2 grams of fat. I'm happy with the choices I made although I had a hot apple cider at the coffee shop while I was writing this afternoon. I enjoyed it, but that 170 calories might have gone to something else. I didn't get any real exercise, today, but have my water class on Wednesday, and a walking date at the big mall on Friday.

Day 1. Day 2's are always harder on me. I will have to really watch myself out tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #10  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

i havnt posted in quite a while..been taking care of my mother for the last few months, pc hard drive blew, etc... mom passed away fri the 13th at 8 22 am at home in her own bed with me holding her hand.. it was the most beautiful, sad, heartwrenching moment of my life and i will carry those memories with me forever. now all of a sudden after 6 months i have a lot of time on my hands( have to find a job now with a quickness), so hopefully i will be on here posting more often as well as getting back on plan. not sure if anyone remembers me as i didnt get to post for long before mom was so ill... but i look forward to getting to know you all...
Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 AM   #11  

My new goal while doing my Internship is to get up and exercise BEFORE going. It can be hard to get the motivation at 5am, but I did it yesterday, and felt great. I don't think it'll happen this morning, as my lower back is killing me so much, it hurts to walk. I think it was from sitting in court all day yesterday in those chairs. Not the best on the back. I was hoping a hot soak & some good rest would help, but it doesn't seem to have. So I'm going to maybe do some Yoga before I head out, but if not, I'll do it afterwards, and hopefully this pain will be gone by tomorrow.

Catherine - Good luck today.

Twilightwing - *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's passing, but I'm glad that you were there with her in the end. I held my grandmother's hand up until the very end as well, and while incredibly heart wrenching, as you said, it helped me just knowing I was there for her. Good luck with the job hunt.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Catherine -- I see a lot of myself in your post. I was also motivated by health scares to lose weight, and was absolutely living the life I wanted to. So when stresses came around, it was easy to overeat and stop caring about doing everything I needed to. Thirty pounds came back, and while I want the weight gone, I also just don't have the same kind of motivation.

Like you, I've realized that I can do it without motivation. I frame it as commitment, and as long as I stay committed, I can do okay. But goodness, if I lose that again...

Group for all.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies...the countdown begins...9 days until thanksgiving! I absolutely love the holidays and i have been busy getting the house ready to decorate the day after thanksgiving...i cant wait! Did a 5 mile walk today and feel great and doing some laundry and looking for work.

twilightwing...im soo sorry to hear about your mothers passing but like kayleystar said at least you got to be there in her last moments and just know that she is in heaven now looking down on you. good luck with the job hunt i have been looking for work too and its been a year and a half its not easy right now but im hoping something will break soon.

Kayley...sorry to hear that your back hurts i hope it feels better soon..could you possibly bring a chair cushion to sit on..maybe that would help i dont know but i hope it feels better soon!

Well, ladies time to go hang up some laundry i will check in later
Heather
Old 11-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to see how things are here.

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear about the situation with your son. Hoping things are *done* and you can move forward without this added stress in your life.

Catherine, I totally can relate to your post. Last November I was having scarey chest pains and that was the motivation to "do something" about my weight before it did "something" to me. I no longer look for motivation to keep me going, but I have committed to recording my daily meals and snacks as well as my exercise. In the end it keeps me on track. I wish you well....

Heather, I was just looking at my feet and ankles last night and can't believe I can see bones and veins in them! I was used to these puffy feet and ankles!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #15  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hello Everyone,

I know many of you have been following my 'story' throughout the year, so I thought I would post an update.

My beloved brother, Daryl, passed away on Monday at 5pm. Since his diagnosis of leukemia in April he has fought SO much, and we didn't see anything different with this latest hospital stay with an infection of some kind. But his body just seemed to have had enough. The leukemia had become extremely aggressive and he couldn't fight anything off. Neil and I chatted with him on Sunday - not long conversations, as he was really tired, but he has been like that many times before - and I went to work Monday morning planning to visit again Tuesday afternoon. Neil came to school to pick me up because my sister had called and said that Daryl was going downhill rapidly. HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN? So, we spent the day with him and his wife and kids, as other family members arrived. We had decided to spend the night at a hotel nearby, in case we were called during the night. We had driven home to collect some things and got the phone call just as we were nearing home. I feel SO bad that we weren't there at the time, but the important thing was that he had his wife and boys (19 and 22) by his side. I still can't believe it all and I have had that feeling that you hear about where you are sure that you will wake up and find that it has all been a dream, but I know that isn't going to happen. I just can't stop crying. He was such an incredibly beautiful person and his family were as close as you can imagine a family to be. It breaks my heart to think of their lives without him, just as it breaks my heart as I miss him SO much. We spent a great deal of time with them over the past seven months and got to know them as friends as well as family. I just keep thinking that "it isn't FAIR!", because many people get leukemia and don't have a suitable match for a donor, and Daryl had ME, a 'complete' match. So many people had told me that I would save his life with the donation of bone marrow stem cells, and now I don't have the chance to do that. It truly just isn't fair. I think the huge turning point was when he got swine flu and legionnaires disease while he was in hospital during one visit and that ended up with him in the coma for 10 days. His body just couldn't recover from that.

Anyway, that is all probably just too much info for everyone, but I know that many of you have been asking after him and praying for us all and I wanted you to know that he is at peace now. I am sure he is with Dad and his father-in-law, who he loved very much and they are all watching over us. His funeral is on Monday in our home town, and I have a certificate to be off work until next Wednesday. I am trying to keep busy, as I simply can't cope with time to think. I am sure the pain will ease at some stage, and the memories will be a positive thing, but at the moment the memories just make the pain worse as I think of the incredible person he was.

Thank you all for caring,

Zelma

Last edited by ZedAus; 11-17-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Closed Thread