Old 10-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #1  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Default Question for the ladies - Bras!!!

Sooo... I am fat. Obviously. I am highly self-conscious about my body, and my bra is not helping any!!! I feel like if I could actually get my breasts to look somewhat supported maybe I would feel/look a bit better. Every time I buy a bra, it looks better for maybe 3 days and then it gets stretched and I get SAGGY again!

Has anyone had any luck with any specific type of bra? I seriously need help in this department. I wore a less bulky shirt today and realized that my breasts look disgustingly saggy and just horrendous!

Maybe a sports bra???

Thoughts?
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

What size bra do you wear?

I just bought a Just my size underwire one at wal-mart (42 DD) and trust me... these puppies NEED help. I used to be a 48 G! And this bra supports me and looks great
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #3  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Two pieces of advice - professional fittings (Lane Bryant, any fancy department store, any independent "foundation garment" store staffed entirely by loving grandmas) and balconette bras.

I've found that bras are one of the things I have have have to spend a little money on.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #4  
Just keeping on truckin'

Thanks guys! I am in Canada, so we don't have lane Bryant. I usually get my bras at Addition-Elle, but they completely suck.

(I am a 44D)

I will check out Wal-Mart, and do some research to see if there are any little old lady stores. I do know that a friend of mine has hers custom made by her 'bra lady' so maybe that is the route to go?

Do you think a sports bra would make things worse in the meantime?
Old 10-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

A sports bra would stop the girls from looking saggy in clothes, but as someone with small breasts, it doesn't make me look attractive either. If you're big (or small), you'll become a squished unibreast, usually. There are a few that have cups, but mostly they're for flat chicks like me.
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #6  
Just keeping on truckin'

I was a bit worried about uniboob!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Fabric and straps without, or minimal, vertical stretch. Vertical stretch is counterproductive

Last edited by JulieJ08; 10-07-2009 at 03:48 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I used to work at a Lane Bryant and came to find that most women shy away from padded bras because "I'm big enough I don't need any padding." But padded bras really work a lot better for lifting and smoothing the area. And really if you wear a C cup or bigger, an extra 2mm of padding isn't going to make much difference!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #9  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

I am a 40H, yes you read that right, and I swear by Jeunique bras. I am not a person who spends money freely and yet have no trouble buying these quite expensive bras (think currently around $85). They don't sell directly but you can find many distributors who sell them. I order mine from http://www.twotexasbelles.com/
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/280/175

Height: 5'11"

I have tried many, many bras and Lane Bryant, I have found work best for me, you many not have stores up there, but you may be able to order them off the internet. And yes, they do have a little bit of padding (very little), but they make the girls look amazing! The girls are up where they are supposed to be! OH, and they have pretty lacy ones if you want them...
IAmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I love the Avenue for bras and I sag...wooooooo do I. I just get anything that pushes em up. I have several types of bras, there are two I have from the Avenue that are very soft, under wire, super comfy and I can wear them under tees or etc and everything is in place pushed up okay and smooth. I just throw em on and feel like I'm not wearing anything, which is nice when I'm on the go.

I do love LB though and have been wanting to go try that too. I am a 44D as well. The Avenue has a bit better prices at times, so I tend to stick with lower priced items and just get what I can get.

Love lacy
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/256/234

Height: 5ft 2inches

I like two brands Goddess and Elomi. I am down to a 42G from a 44H. I recently started shopping online for bras at herroom.com. It is a great site with lots of reviews. Make sure to measure yourself or get help and have a friend measure you. Some department stores will try to sell you a smaller bra then you need if they do not carry your size. If you buy online get a few sizes and send back the ones that do not fit. Also different brands can have very different sizing so check the size chart. I like the under wire now that I am wearing the correct cup size my whole breast fits in the cup and I have two separate breast. It is so new for me (I wore a DD for years because that was the larges cup size in the store). A good bra is a wonderful thing.
5aday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #13  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I love the LB bras and yes the padded ones work great and do not add bulk. In fact I'm pretty bummed because I'm fixing to be too small for LB pretty soon and I am really going to miss their bras. I'm a 38DD.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #14  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

About 90% of the "load" on a bra is supported by the band that goes around your body, so make sure to find one sized properly, that fits snugly but doesn't cut into you too much. (Don't want to create more bulges.) After that, it's about cup size and good straps. If the cups are too small, and you hoist the girls up, you'll see a crease above the breasts. If your breasts no longer fit the cup size you were wearing before, get a bra one size smaller and add an extension in the back. The cup size will reduce somewhat at the next size down.

If your bras are stretching out after wearing them for three days in a row, you should know that bras are meant to be worn once, then allowed to shrink back down to size for 24 hours. So buy two or three bras and alternate wearings.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Default Lane bryant

Lane bryant bras our awesome..I get the ones that have the wire and air pockets (they give you bit of a lift) very nice!! I was actually thinking of going and buying me some new ones today!! I think I went down a cup size LOL
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote