Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1224

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

ahhh..i just typed a whole big message in the other one and then it said it was closer but that is ok i will type it again!

Mybodyitatemple- i ended up doing a 2 mile walk yesterday cause i just needed a break it had been a crazy busy week.

Today im planning on doing a 3 mile walk unless i have to go to the doctor. Im a little worried and scared right now when i have my period the week before sometimes my right lymph node under my arm gets sore and swollen but my period has ended a few days ago and my lymph node is still sore and swollen so i called my mom and she said that she had the same kind of thing a while back that it was abnormal breast tissue and they removed it and that it wasnt cancer it was pre-cancerous cells so if she would have let it go it could become cancer and we have cancer in our family so im going to make an appt with the doctor today and hopefully i can get in today or tomorrow to see them so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers cause i am really nervous because i reallllllllllly hate needles!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by hbieber2006; 08-17-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hbierber HUGSXXXX Hope it turns out ok, you are so sensible getting it checked out straight away, better safe than sorry.xxxxxx
I'm so depressed, oldest son keep arguing, caling me names etc. No matter what I say he twists it, I tell him to get a job he says why aren't I looking for one (I am) why did I bother going to Uni I just sit at home..etc..etc I want him out, he just says he's waiting for a course (college) then when he's FINISHED it he'll leave coz he'll be earning LOADS (I've heard this SO MANY TIMES BEFORE) he goes on a course then can't be bothered to get up or realises it's actual WORK & quits. I even rang the police to check how to get him out, I've been tempted to irritate him so he hits me so I can call the police to arrest him. He's hit & throtled his gf (who lives with us too) if I saw it I'd stop it but he does it in his room & she won't press charges...sigh...sorry to lay this on you all my hubby says I shouldn't have let him back home so it's my fault..I feel so alone. I'm sitting here trying not to cry in front of my little boys. SORRYxxxx
xxxxsharon
ps any advice please?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

hbie good luck will keep you in my prayers.

Wow a new week already, Girls I got on the scale today and am a pound lighter, 89 more pounds to hit 100 lost. Wish me luck am going to start the low cardio today. I have never been one for exercise but I am determined.Wish you all the best and love and peace we are not alone but in this together.

Last edited by TracyB73; 08-17-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #5  

Voodoo...thank you for the hugs but here is a big XXXX HUG xxxx for you too cause it sounds like you need it...im really sorry i wish i had some advice for you but i dont right now just hang in there and i will pray that things get better for you!

TracyB-thank you for your prayers. I called the doctor but she isnt in until tomorrow so i will call back tomorrow to see if i can get in and talk to her about a payment plan since i am unemployed and have no insurance right now. the nurse i spoke to said that she will likely be able to work something out with me payment wise and that she was going to leave her a note and have her call me tomorrow but i will call there in the morning to see what she says so keep your fingers crossed that she will help me cause i really like her.

Well, i did a 3 mile walk today and my official weigh in day isnt until friday but i took a sneak peek on the scale and it said that i weighed 307.6 and i stepped on the scale 4 times and it said the same thing all 4 times so hopefully that 4 lb loss will hold for friday!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #6  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Sharon-call your local legal aid or landlord tenant board. Serve him with the proper eviction notice. You don't want to try to get him to hit you to get him out. When the police come, he might hit one of them, and then really be in trouble. I wish I was close enough to help.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hope you all had a great day! Today was full of thunderstorms, so I just stayed in the house. Got in an hour of Dance Dance Revolution, and 30 mins of Strength Training with my weights, so it was all good!

This is my last week of ‘freedom’. Fall classes start up next week. Not looking forward to it, but I’m in the home stretch! I graduate in May 2010, FINALLY!

Andrew & I went and saw "The Time Traveler's Wife" yesterday. Really good, but definitely made me cry. lol. Avoided the popcorn, which is my favorite. Yay for small victories!

Heather – Thinking of you, and hoping that it’s nothing serious!! And hopefully you’ll be able to get into the doctor asap. I feel you on the lack of insurance. I have it now, after not having it for 2 years, but I won’t have it next June, when I turn 24. I’m only on my stepdad’s again, due to the fact that I’m a full time student.

Sharon – I’m so sorry you’re under so much stress right now. I hope he gets out of your house soon!

Tracy – Good luck with the workout. It can be tough just starting out, but you’ll get stronger, and able to go longer everyday!

Last edited by kayleystar; 08-17-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Monday all,

Catherine: I will gladly go to Amazon and do a review for your book. I may not be until this weekend though cause I have meetings every night this week except tonight and in laws are still here. Congrats on the 600 situps. I'm so proud of you girl.

Sharon: If you get to see Ammi tell her hi and give her a hug for me. I'm so sorry about your son. I feel like throtteling him myself for you. Hang in there and tell him he needs to leave now.

Tracy: Glad to meet you too. I'm so sorry about the lady in the store. I think I would have told her off. Hugs.

Jacquie: Nothing keeps me out of the water. I didn't do lots of things when I was 510 pounds but not being in the water wasn't one of them. I love the water and I come alive in it.Well, I don't go into it much if it is too cold. lol.

Cyn: I hope you got lots of packing done.

Angie: Huge hugs on your dad. I am so sorry that he is having health problems and you are so far away and so swamped with work. Hang in there hon. I hope things get better for you soon.

Kayley: How was your weigh in? I have still never played ddr. I want one for Christmas to go along with my wii

Bodysmytemple: woo hoo on -3 pounds! Way to go! I hope you have a blast with your mom.

Hieber: hi there.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 AM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

My tummy is a tad sore. Not pulled muscle sore, just first week of basketball practice sore. It's better today than yesterday, so that's a good sign. I had to just figure out why I stopped, in order to remove the obstacles to starting again.

Himself is coming home tonight finally. Now the real test is will I still get to do my exercises in the morning with him prowling around.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #10  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineM View Post
Himself is coming home tonight finally. Now the real test is will I still get to do my exercises in the morning with him prowling around.
I struggle doing my exercised with hubby and kids around too. Feel more self conscience at home than the gym kinda odd eh? And the kids always want me to hurry so they can have the tv. Might need to get another dvd player for my bed room and do exercised there. But when the kids are in school I will be able to go to the gym each morning after the bell rings.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies....

Just a quick fly by...I went to bed with back pains last night..and woke up with the same pains. Thursday I go for my stress test where I have to walk on the treadmill..this outa be fun!

I am looking for a new Dr..I am not going back to the same office. Then I think when I go I am going to ask them to look into my back/hip hurting.

Have a great day all!!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #12  

Good Morning all...i was finally able to find a clinic that wont charge me if i am under $30,000 a year and have no insurance which i definately qualify but they are booked solid for 2 months with appts but she said they take a certain # of walkins each day they are open which is only 3 days a week and they are only open for 4-5 hrs each day but she said to get there a 1/2 hr before they open in case there is a line which she said sometimes there is and sometimes there isnt but just to be there early just to be safe so im going to probably be going on friday and im gonna keep my fingers crossed that is nothing serious..she told me since my period just ended ( my lymph node under my right arm gets sore and swollen about a week before i get my period) she said i should wait a week to see if it goes away and then come in but i think im gonna go friday.

Other than that nothing much new i think im gonna do a 4 mile walk today.

Well, sorry i rambled
Have a great day everyone
Heather
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

THANKYOU ALLfor the kind comments, it MEANS SO MUCH to me.xxxxxxx My friend (with the horse) rang up & asked ifI'd like to go into Nottingham on the train (The Old Market Square has a 'beach on it, pool & fairground rides during Summer) it cheered me up no end.
I still don't know what to do about son, I will have to wait & see as we go to stay with my parents at the seaside on Saturday he stays at home. we will lock our bedroom door & sort it out when we get home.
Catherine I don't think those things you advised work with you own children, at least in the Uk but the police told me to see a solicitor & we could get a 'notice to quit' (or something). I know what you mean about exercising when family/hubby are around.xxxxxxxxx
Hbebier thanks, hope the weight stays off for you weigh-in.xxxxxxxx
No more time but thanks Anniexxxxx I will give Ammi LOTS of hugsxxxx
Kayley, thanksxxxxx I bet you are SO looking forward to having finished your studies.xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxsharon
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #14  
742,000 calories burned

Sharon-A notice to quit is just like an eviction notice here. Basically if you own the property or are the leaseholder, anyone living there over the age of majority for more than a certain length of time (usually 30 days) is technically a tenant. This is especially so when they don't have a residence elsewhere. Depending on the local rules, you have to give them anywhere from 3 days notice to 30 days to remove themselves from the property.

Hubby came home really late last night from his trip, so he slept in this morning. He slept right through about 200 situps which was pretty funny. I do them in bed because of my back. He woke up and told me not to stop, but I was already done. Only doing 200 today because I have to mow.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #15  

Talked to my mom about the free clinic cause she is going to go with me i dont know why i would just like her to be there with me and we decided to take the advice of the nurse and wait a week to see if it goes away and we plan on going next friday morning cause my moms husband has doctors appt during the week so that is the best day for her so hopefully maybe i will get lucky and it will go away by next friday we will see.

Did a 4 mile walk today and I always feel so good after i workout. Tomorrow im taking the day off from exercise but i will still be getting some exercise cause my hubby and I have lawn work to do outside tomorrow so that will be my exercise for the day.

Have a great day!
Heather

Last edited by hbieber2006; 08-18-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Closed Thread