Old 07-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/304/165

Height: 5'7

Default Im one of the new chicks!

I am so excited to be here, and to have found this place. My sister and I recently started MRC. We will go to out informative meeting this Friday. I haven't been this pumped about a diet in a long time. I am really ready to change my eating habits. I plan to start walking three times a week, I will also get weighed twice a week. I hope to write more tomorrow, I want to get to know you all better. I stayed up half the night reading everything on this site, now Ive gotta hit the sack.
1determinedchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

OMG! Your enthusiasm is jumping off the screen!

We're so happy to have you here. This is such a wonderful, supportive group.

Looking forward to getting to know you,

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome !!
LeslieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #4  
☆krista-kins™☆

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Best of luck in your journey! Sounds like you are off to a great start!
Inkedmama98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/304/165

Height: 5'7

We dont go in untill this Friday, But as of tomorrow, I am going to start recording everything that I eat, Oh! Quick question. One of the suggestions that was made for me for breakfast is to scramble three eggs sprinkle a little cheese on it, and wrap in a tortia. My sister says I should only use 1 yoke out of the three eggs due to cholesterol...any comments? Id like to have all three yokes If I could.....ok, now, back to what I was saying. I am also going to start walking a mile on Mon Wed & Fri. I am a little leary because I dont know how well that will go. My feet hurt alot. Oh well, I will do what I need to do. I am so totally pumped about this. The cool thing is that nobody knows that my sister and I are doing this. I have another question, How do I get my little weight goal thingy show up on my posts?
Ladies, we are going to look FABULOUS!!
1determinedchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I frequently make scrambled eggs and omelets with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. I generally don't miss the 'missing' yolks. For me, it's not so much about the cholesterol as the calories. A whole egg is about 75 calories, and about 55 of those in the yolk, if memory serves.

I would say you could go either way... yes there is a lot of fat and cholesterol in the yolk, but also protein. I would say it's a matter of choices and priorities.

But if you've never had it 2 whole eggs and 1 white, give it a try and see. You might not notice the missing yolk either!

Welcome! And good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #7  

Welcome!! You're starting out with a great attitude and that's half the battle. We're glad you here.
Dani052566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #8  

Hey welcome to 3FC. I'd like to invite you over to our positive thread. It's called "Positive Uplifting Notification Part 3: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is..." It's a great place to start your day by listing your positive things that happened to you that day and also a place for motivation and support. It's located here in the 300+ Club and we've got a great group of friends for you to make.
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Hello from a 5'7" (former) 300+ pound Cornhusker.

I eat the yolks! Yokes are LOADED with 100% of the RDA in MANY nutrients as well as rich in omega 3 fatty acids (good fat) and minerals. (The whites do not contain 100% of ANY RDA of nutrients.) The calories vs. the great stuff in them is a much better choice compared to say a 100 calorie pack of junk food.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote