Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #1  

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1219

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for starting the new thread, Ratkitten!

I hope you're all enjoying your summer = don't forget to help us out in the exercise thread if you're exercising. Just have to count and record your minutes!

Having gained back 30 pounds in the last year and a half or so, I recommitted to weight loss last week. Generally, I had a very good week. Some room for improvement, but I felt more in control than I have in a long time!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

WTG Heather, getting back in the swing of weight loss.xxxxxxx
Ratkitty, MY WORST NIGHTMARE!!!! You poor thing! HUGS Why couldn't Mother Nature let us know when TOM is coming, so we can be prepared? So glad the guy was okay with it.xxxxxxx
Day 2 of Atkins, well I slipped big time last night...found 1/2 packet of Bombay mix next to the bed....BUT I'm TOTALLY OP now, feeling ok & not hungry. Why can't I stay on low carb? I feel better, my tummy isn't constantly churning/spasming and I have more energy. DOH!!!
Keeperofthehome, SO sorry your hubby lost his job, it doesn't help to eat rubbish but at the time....well...it SEEMS to. I could write a book on what makes me fall of the waggon, stress, upset, anger, bad day...losing your income is a biggie so WTG for getting back into losing weight.xxxxxx
Beth, where are you? Hope you're all well & you & your Mum are both losing & feeling well & happy.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (some of those are for your Mum, lol!!!)
Well gotta fetch my boys home from schol in a few minutes so I'd better get changed into 'smarter' clothes; I'm in dirty, raggy joggers (track pants?)& slippers at the moment.
xxxxxsharon
Old 07-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Annie - how was the first day on the new job?
Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #5  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Height: 5'6"

So far this week has been a good one. My sister is visiting from China, and thank goodness she is one of those health nuts lol. It helps me stay on track with eating out. Tonight we went to the dog park and had a mini boot camp. It was so much fun! My pugs are super tuckered out. Tonight we went for ice cream (I made sure I saved some flex points for that), and a BIG behaviour change...I got a SMALL vanilla cone instead of a large, dipped in chocolate with nuts! I was so happy with myself. Woo Hoo! Tomorrow is weigh in-so I'm hoping the "iron maiden" will be good to me.

Hope everyone had a great week so far
Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Hellooooo ladies.

Well my weight loss is back going south instead of north. YAY! So, I've lost those pesky 8 pounds I've been loosing over and over again the past few months. We'll see how it goes...hoping and staying strong!

My body is flaring up in all sorts of ways...I think it is the stress and increase in activity. It happens...so I'm hoping I don't look too much like a freak. My issues are hidden due to the areas affected, but they still bother me. They don't hurt, but it just bothers me and I get really itchy, which I think is like mostly my panic mode to be honest. I get itchy when I'm upset or stressed.

Making changes, doing things, loosing...*HUGS*
Old 07-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

sorry I have been MIA..

I was in the ER on Friday..felt like my heart was going to pound out of my chest..as usual..they found nothing wrong..sat samething went to another hospital. Again nothing wrong..but he wants me to go to a cardiologist. They put my on a beta blocker to help with the palpitations and something for GERD.

I went to the endocrinologist yesterday..she said my thyroid is fine. meaning no tumors or nodules. Since I started synthroid 3 weeks ago I have to wait 3 more weeks get my blood done and see if the dose is correct. She said that she doesnt think that the "hot" waves I am having are from the hyperthyroidism. She said that it is probably hormonal

Today I go to the gasterologist for my hemorroid that I have had since Christmas atleast. I am going to ask him about my GERD and have an Endosscopy done. Maybe he will have some answers.

If I am perimeno ay 36, this is really going to suck! Since I have started the GERD meds and the betablockers, the waves are not as bad.

Hugs to all of us!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Cyn - HUGS HUGS HUGS. Hang in there. I know how frustrating and scary this stuff can be. You'll get there, step by step, and you'll start healing! *HUGS* Thinking of you...
Old 07-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I mowed half the lawn today. It is so big that I mow it in halves now so that I don't overdo it. Still it felt good to get sweaty. Since it is only 50F here, getting sweaty takes some effort. At least it pays for my new medicine. We can afford it, but I feel bad about needing a med that isn't on the formulary, and it makes me fell better to do something I can say pays for it.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #10  
PLAYing in the COLD

S/C/G: 344/325/155

thank you for all the warm welcomes in the last weekly thread! I am glad to be here! Everyone seems so nice and supportive.
I am ok about losing my job, I am ready for something new, found out today I will get a nice severance, so that helps I have been lacking on my walking, this weekend, TOM was visiting...ugh and I never feel like doing anything when that is going on, but I am feeling better now and ready to get back on track!
Cyn-I hope everything turns out ok
and WTG Catherine, you are doing what you need to do to get healthy, that is the best reward you can give yourself.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #11  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi dolls,
I have been gone for a while and just wanted to stop in to say hello. I will check back in tomorrow.

Ags
Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey where is everyone?????
I'm on day 3 of Atkins, loving it but the bread cravings are getting to me, lol! I weigh in on Friday so I will see if it's been worth cutting carbs radically!
xxxxxsharon
Old 07-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #13  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Hey everybody! Like I said before I am in MD at my BIL & SIL's watching my nephew for the week and it is HARD to just step into a two year old's world. Living 2k miles away means that he has only met me three times before this week and he was NOT happy at first. But I think we are making progress (and by the time he is used to me, I'm going back to NM and his other aunt will be here!) and right now he's napping so I have a minute to myself (and I just had my first shower since Saturday!)

I swear, you guys. Your heads would SPIN if I told you some of the things that went down this week. I am thinking about anonymously mailing them some Emily Post books.

Hope everybody is still kicking copious amounts of butt
Old 07-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #14  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

It's Wednesday and we are still on the first page. Everyone must be on vacation. I've got my feet up getting ready for another football game tomorrow. It's only BC this time, so I don't think as big a crowd. I'm actually still cold. It's only going to be 65-70F today.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #15  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Here its been a rainy couple of days. My boys (the pugs) are itching to go to the park...mind you so am I lol.

I had a great weigh in last night at WW. I lost 4 more pounds!!!! I love the class I attend. My leader is amazing!

Tonight my family and I are going out for supper (for the Canadians its Earls Restaurant). I thought I would check the menu online so I could check out the food and try to figure out the points. To my amazement they had the nutritional info on there so I was able to make the right food choices! I decided on the New York strip loin steak 10oz (11 points), the garlic mashed potatoes (11 points), and veggies (2 points). They didn't have a baked potato and the menu but I think I may ask just incase. But either way I still have points leftover!!! Here's the heart stopper, for fun I checked the Penne Alfredo...39 points!!!! 1521 cal, 107.60g FAT and 4 fibre (actually its 8.50g but we can only count up to 4). Thank goodness I have the electronic points calculator. Our paper sliders dont go up that far!

Hope you chickies are enjoying the day! Keep up the amazing work!
Closed Thread