Old 07-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/319/225

Height: 6'

Default New to the 300+club

Hello all!
I have been struggling with my weight for probably the last 5-7 years started when i started my 12 ounce curls some years ago..lol! Well i am now 37 and 320 lbs! A couple of weeks ago my back started to hurt and i noticed i was having lots of trouble bending over to tie my shoes(sux)! Thats when i decided enough was enough and that i have got to stop drinking and eating the way i did. Was afraid if i keep going down that path that i wouldnt be around to see my kids grow old! I decided i needed a major life change. finding this site has given me hope! on june 29th my weight was 320. im gonna weigh in on friday to see if the changes that i have made over the last couple weeks are working(no drinking, no fast food, fruit & veggies instead of chips etc.) everyone here says start slow(never tried to lose weight b4) so i am and i hope small changes will give me good results to start! Im gonna find my camera and post my before pic (if i can find it) that way I can see the results. Hopefully my mind will overcome MY matter. Greg
neocytegb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #2  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Greg.

The good news is that if beer is the major issue we'll probably all hate you as you'll drop weight fairly quickly. Okay, it's not the beer only, but the chicken wings, french fries and all the really horribly choices that you make after you've had a few. You're right though, making small changes can add up in a big way. Good luck!
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #3  

Default Hate me? lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCdn View Post
Welcome Greg.

The good news is that if beer is the major issue we'll probably all hate you as you'll drop weight fairly quickly. Okay, it's not the beer only, but the chicken wings, french fries and all the really horribly choices that you make after you've had a few. You're right though, making small changes can add up in a big way. Good luck!
No beer isnt the only issue! I made poor choices in food even when i wasnt drinking, melted cheese in a tortilla, chicken nuggets hamburgers pizza fattening pasta salads etc. a combo of the whole package! my worry is that now i have been craving food more since the drinking stopped! its when u realize that you are having trouble tying your shoes(bending over that far is hard) or look down and really cant see past the belly to see your feet, thats when the panic set in! Dont hate me if i do lose the weight though(i know u were kidding) 100 lbs is a long way to go! I doubt it is all due to the beer! I really need this site for the support!Thank you Greg
Old 07-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #4  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to the forum
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Greg! Giving up the beer is going to make it a lot easier for you to give up the junk food too, they just sort of go hand-in-hand. I gave up beer permanently in 2007 and haven't regretted it for a single second. You can totally do this. Good luck to you!!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #6  

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
Welcome Greg! Giving up the beer is going to make it a lot easier for you to give up the junk food too, they just sort of go hand-in-hand. I gave up beer permanently in 2007 and haven't regretted it for a single second. You can totally do this. Good luck to you!!!!
Thank you, yes your right they do go hand in hand! I dont think ill regret it either! I already have started to feel better( just in the last week) now the next part is the weight! i want to be able to play with my kids again and not get winded or have to say "dads gotta take a break" every 5 min or so.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #7  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Welcome Greg!

There are a few guys around! I also struggle with the drinking and when I cut back heavily on that is when I started to really lose weight. I'm mostly in the "100 pound club", so definitely check out subsection as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress. If you want an "email buddy" that is going through the same things, I can be reached at anomie666(at)gmail.com.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #8  
Mission Of A Lifetime..

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to say Good Luck - I know the feeling, the beer n bad food choices shaped me like a hippo.. lol! Well.. i did really, but I'm blaming them, hehe. BAD BEER, BAD FOOD!! GRR! lol

Good luck
Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #9  

Welcome Greg! It sounds like you have a handle on what you need to do. You can do this!
Dani052566 is offline   Reply With Quote