Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Battle -
Old 07-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Battle - hugs to you - you are an amazing woman, I know things will work out for you but I still hate it you have to go through this.

OK ladies - day 3 of being OP - water, food and exercise. Why do I ever go off?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #33  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Battle-So sorry to hear you lost your job. We are always looking for incentive to jump start, but that's never the way we want it to work out.

I've been semi-MIA since starting this new therapy. It's based on constant re-exposure to the trauma, in my case, I have to constantly describe the attack over and over again in the session, which is taped, and I have to listen to it at home every day over again. It's making my whole body hurt. It's almost like replaying a movie over again, and placing myself back again at the top of those stairs. Every time I remember being stabbed, my head and hand hurt. My knee and back are killing me, and I don't seem to have the energy right now to do much of anything except survive it.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #34  

Hang in there Catherine! Warm blanket hugs. Just check in once in a while to let us know you are here, er um, there... you know!

Hugs,
Ratkiy
Old 07-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Battle, Sorry to hear about the job. And it would of been nice if they could of waited til after your vacation...wow!! That was cruel! But I think it's great that you turned it into something good. That you're going to work on getting in the exercise and great foods. Way to go!

nooch, good for you too! Stay positive.

Ratkity, well geeze, I hope the dog didn't get any rabies!! Keep an eye on the furbaby.

Carol, I ask myself that every time I get crazy with food! YAY for us on being OP 3 days!!

Catherine that's all I can think to do.

The headaches are finally gone and I feel pretty good. No fog to work thru and I feel more awake and can think better. Sure is amazing how food can affect the body.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #36  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Battle - so sorry to hear about your job. It seems to be a sentiment I'm sharing more and more with people I know. The last place I worked (same company, two different plants) is seriously in trouble as well. They're getting rid of people left and right. The scariest is when they start dropping *** people (or new projects as you do). It means that there will be nothing new coming when the old lines shift out. My field was automotive, and it's a given that as models are phased out you need to have new stuff coming in. It leaves everyone who remains in an even more tenuous situation. I do hope that you find something soon. I have to say (so far) that any time I've been out of work it's ended up being for the best. Okay, it's only happened twice and until I'm finished school I'm not so sure about this time.

Catherine - sorry that you're having such a rough time with your therapy. I suppose the only bright spot is that perhaps it will make your life easier in the future. At least I hope so.

Anyways all, I don't really have much to add this week. I've been officially on a maintenance week (lots of food), no weight training, but have been doing lots of walking. This morning I walked for 95mins (had planned for 80, but at 40mins felt I wanted to go further) and when I got home I plugged in where I walked into mapmywalk.com - and I did 5 miles (8km). I was really quite surprised. I'd picked that path because I saw a couple of benches on it and I figured if I was pooped on the way back I could sit down. I didn't, but it made me bolder when I was heading out. I want to walk down to the lake on Friday (4 miles return to the closest park) so this was kind of a dry run.

Other than that, not much going on. We have company coming for dinner (and maybe a swim) on the weekend. Next week should be the start of the canning (sweet and sour cherries), so that will keep me out of trouble. I hope everyone is doing well, and having a great week.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Not too much going on here today. I didn't get on yesterday to post boys didn't sleep at all night before. I couldn't get on to type if I wanted I was so tired from no sleep. I took them off of meds for ADHD they have Autism and are boys they have no signs of ADHd yet they put them on a med for it. And it gave them insomnia so then we never sleep. Plus it would make them like zone out and just kind of be there I hate meds like that. We switched doctors because of other issues with this doctor and am so glad. She said we could take them off any time we wanted it was ok. And so I did yesterday and they sleep all night till 6:45sm. We all got sleep and hadn't had much in months. And then come to find out we have a mouse grrrr I can't stand those nasty things. So my cat does nothing for it she looks at me like you gonna do something about it lol. SO Mike set a trap heard it make its noise but I'm so not gonna look. I'm suck a chicken he will look at it once he gets home lol. And yesterday I was mad with my cell company my phone is under warranty yet they won't replace my phone got it in Feb. The sticker is telling them water damage yet it's never been near any water. So I go online looked at reviews and others having trouble with this phone like I was and them saying water damage. So I added another line to service and new phone so it should be here tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #38  

Battle~ Sorry to hear about your job.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

battle - *HUGS* Hang in there. I agree, you're an amazing woman!

Catherine - *big supportive hugs* It sounds like you have a good support system, which I think is key. Facing traumatic events in order to move on from them can be so overwhelming hard. You can do it and we are all here for you.

I have to remember to put my exercise minutes up tonight. I'll be doing my workout today, though I have to admit, I'm out of sync with what I want to do as a routine. So, I'll have to get back in tune with myself next week. I have had a horrible time sleeping lately. I think I'm eating too late and that keeps me up. I also have a lot on my mind, so we'll see.

I ordered a book that should help me with my diet of choice. It has a 45 day meal plan, which is what I've been searching for. I need some sort of guidance and structure, but I don't want to do something like Weight Watchers. I dunno, it is like trying to sort out everything I need to do has proved overwhelming and my emotions take over at that point. Then I just keep loosing the same eight pounds. This has been happening over the past 3 and a half months. Though, now my BC pills are A LOT better than before. I have the Ortho, not the Trinessa. I also found out apples make sick. Who knew! And apparently, they make a lot of people ill. huh.

I hope everyone is well *HUGS*

Last edited by Jacquie668; 07-09-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Battle, HUGS, I'm so pleased you're using this time to do something constructive rather than reaching for food (or drink) as I would WTG. Good luck on finding another job when you're ready to look for one.xxxxxxx
Catherine, hugs, take some painkillers & have a warm bath, maybe get hubby to massage your sore areas?xxxxxxx
Annie, sorry about your dog, I have no idea WHY fireworks NEED to be so loud!xxxxxx
Well the school I help in had a teacher commit suicide (he had just qualified & got a job there, starting next weeek) I helped in his class. I feel sad about it, he was a lovely man but wasn't strict enough with the kids. I have no idea whether it was job, college or 'personal' related or a mixture of them but it is such a terrible waste of a life.
My oldest son & gf looked at a house to rent, fingers crossed he'll be gone soon!!!!
Anyone tried Atkins? I'm thinking of giving it a go, make a change from other low-carbs I've tried & I know I lose faster AND feel better on low-carb.
xxxxxsharon
Old 07-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #41  

Sharon I've not done Atkins but have done South Beach with great success. I too feel better on low carb and am going back on one as well.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #42  

Height: 5'6"

Sharon, I have been doing Atkins since last November and it is working well for me..74 lbs so far. It is not for everyone, but it works for me. If you do decide to give it a go, I really suggest getting the book and following it to the letter. I have been increasing my carbs and I am averaging 30-40 carbs most days. There are days that I am not as hungry and I get under 20 carbs.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:41 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ally & Peggy, THANKS!! I did SB Liked it but got bored & I have ordered a second-hand Atkins from Ebay. At the moment I'm reading an Atkins cookery book to get an idea of what I can eat, I LOVE cheese!!!! (lots of cheese recipes...mmmm) So it looks like I'll try it & see.
xxxxxsharon
Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #44  

Good luck Sharon. I did good on South Beach but then added in the bad carbs again that I shouldn't due to my husband losing his job. Good thing is that was 2 years ago but now got to get on track. I'm gonna go back to South Beach. I love cheese too.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #45  

Height: 5'6"

Battle, I am so sorry to hear about your job! When I got "downsized" after 12years with my company, it was a blow to me as my job was so much a part of me. I felt a bit lost, but I knew it was not personal as the company was going under and I was fortunate that I got a great package when I left so that I was able to take my time and get my head on straight and find another job. We survived it and you will too. Hang in there....

Sharon...I hear ya...I love cheese too. lol! Anyway, I do enjoy Atkins as I am able to eat all the veggies (except starchy ones at present) as well as some fruits and nuts as I add them in as I lose and find out what my carb level is. I highly recommend following the plan as outlined. You *will* lose if you do. I use Fitday and track all my foods that way. I am hoping to hit a new "decade" soon...

take care....
Closed Thread