Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 311/303/170

Height: 5'10

Default My First Day

Today, June 29th, will start my first “Fat Chick Experience”. I have to admit, I hate using the word “Fat”. It’s always been used in such a horrible way towards me, and millions of others, that I simply feel uncomfortable using it. But in order to get through your problems, you have to work through them, right?

You see, my whole life I’ve been, well.. fat. As a kid, you can’t understand its consequences. As you get older (now 23), it’s something you need to be able to control before it completely controls you. In grade school I’ve always been the one to be bigger than the others. Not only by weight, but also by height. Oddly tall, and heavier than all the rest I felt out of place throughout all of my schooling years. Since my two older sisters were getting into college by the time I was in middle school, I never really felt like I had someone to turn to for guidance. Eventually, my weight grew out of control, and after my grandfather passed, I finally understood that I want and need to regain my life back before it’s too late.

My Fiance and I have joined a gym, and we seem to have a good rhythm going so far. Once in a while I think we both slip up and loose our enthusiasm for wanting to kick our own butts at the gym, but we’ve seen the numbers fall off, and I personally want to keep seeing them disappear. I want to eventually start a family and I don’t want them to have any shortfalls in being raised well because I couldn’t take care of myself. I want my new (future) family to have healthy, and tasty food options to choose from, and not be pushed into the unhealthy life style that I’ve subjected myself to.

However, thankfully to my loving sister, I found out about this site, which works perfectly for me because I’ve been searching for somewhere or something where I can find other people who may be able to relate to me or my struggles.

So, I hope to hear some good advice, and I’m looking forward to the future.

Thanks sis.
MacAttack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Good luck, hunny!! I know a little of where u are coming from, when I first moved out of my parents place I was a little over 200lbs. I started thinking I wanted a family and I knew I wanted children but I knew I didn't want them to ever live through the same issues I had and I really didn't want the to know me like that. Well, I still struggle with the weight thing(probably always will) but at 10 and 8 my children are at their "normal" weight and love fruits and veggies!! Hang in there!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack85 View Post
In grade school I’ve always been the one to be bigger than the others. Not only by weight, but also by height. Oddly tall, and heavier than all the rest I felt out of place throughout all of my schooling years.
Oh dear, can I relate to this! I have always hated being tall and being fat, but if I really think about it, what I hate is being tall AND fat. It makes me feel decidedly unfeminine and like I stick out like a sore thumb in every situation. Sigh.

Good luck to you on your first day! And all the days after...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:34 AM   #4  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Welcome!

Well done on making the first steps! You can do this!
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #6  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

You sound like you are on the right track. And it is great you have someone to go to the gym with-it makes it easier&more fun. You both can together!
Good luck!I'm looking forward to hearing more posts on your progress.
Forgot to say
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #7  

Welcome Mac, Your doing great so far, great attitude and drive, along with the support of your fiance' and sister.
There's another thread I want to invite you to.
The Positive Uplifting Notification Part 3: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is...
You'll find it here in the 300+ Club section.
We need positive people like you, I think you'll like it.
Anyway again Welcome!!!
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 236/232/208

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!
You will find loads of support and inspiration here. We're all here to help each other (Y)
xx
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #9  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome. You can do this!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote