Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #16  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals! A quick hello for me...

Terri....so glad you are ok! Yikes.

DG...been thinking about you. Glad you are home.

Been busy, busy, busy here. Work is kicking my butt. Just can't find enough hours in the day. Tomorrow night I'm doing my first official charity 5k run/2m walk. I am doing the WALK portion this year. Next year I WILL run. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll get some decent weather...it's been raining non-stop. Next Thurs I head to FL for a 5 day solo trip. I'm spending 3 days with college girlfriends for a sorority reunion and 2 days with my brother and his family. Can't wait!!! Doing a yard sale on Sat...ugh. Today I saw my GYN for the yearly thing. She was thrilled about my weight loss.

That's life in a nutshell right now. Food hasn't been great I'm ashamed to say, but as of today I have gotten my head back on straight!!!!

Gonna run. Love and hugs to all!
Barb
Old 06-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Goodness, more rain today!

Seriously, is anyone building an ark???
Old 06-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Right there with you Heather! Rain, Rain, Go Away!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Heather and Barb - careful what you wish for. The rain has stopped but the humidity is off the charts and 94 today with a heat index over 105.

I took the dogs for an early morning walk trying to beat the heat and humidity - didn't work but got an early start on today's exercise in. I think the lab is a little overheated - not sure how her weight loss is coming - I know she thinks her throat has been cut though.

Haircut and a few errands this morning then I hope to relax in the pool this afternoon. I hope the weeds don't call too loudly about needing to be pulled.

I love summer salads - tiring a bit of turkey taco salad and the basic grilled chicken - anybody doing anything else? Thinking of trying some napa cabbage, red pepper combination.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

HI...its me!
Life is super busy here but I did see a new all time low on my scales today. I will take any lower numbers and be grateful for them.
We are making daily trips to the hospital(over an hour away) for a shot in hubbys tummy. Its a shot they cant give at our local hospital. doesnt make it alot of sense to me...but at this point whatever!!!
His blood is still no where near as thin as they want it and he is still at risk of a stroke. Im scared to death and scared of all the test and procedures ahead of us. I am thankful he is still with me!!!!!!!!
I am feeding him what he should eat and eating it myself as well. He has dropped over 10lbs in less than a week. We both need to lose about 40 more lbs...maybe a bit more than that even. I want to be healthy and live a long life with him.
We are planning one meal off a week. That was the drs suggestion to keep him from feeling deprived of the things he loves.
His glucose is now perfect.
thanks for all the support
love ya all
Old 06-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

Just heard from the doctor's office about the MRI. I have chondromalacia which is damage to the cartilage. I set up an appointment to go see an ortho doc after the holiday. I bet he says...lose weight and exercise. I'm hoping it isn't arthroscopic surgery. Or give up horseback riding. No way!

to all!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #22  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Okay, big hugs from Geo to everyone who is suffering today! I pray that tomorrow is a better day for all.

I'm trying to get my homework done before the last day of class (Saturday), so I've been studying like a madwoman. But today I got the boys to help me clean house and I must say, I love our little place and how great the furniture looks in it! I think I'm ready for artwork on the walls. Perhaps now is the time to learn to paint.

I'm trying to stay out of the kitchen. It's all clean and sparkling right now, and it's weird how that fact keeps me out of there and away from food. I'm trying to cut my calories over the weekend, an effort to shock my system into dropping more weight. I'm struggling. I do really well most days, but some afternoons/evenings I lose focus and pop over my caloric intake. I'm worried about the weekend. The boys are going to spend it with their father and I'll be on my own. I have chicken and lean beef thawing, plus plenty of veggies to eat, there's no "contraband" in the house and I don't have to go driving anywhere. But I'm good at overeating servings here and there and it adds up.

At the moment, I'm really hungry. I think I'll go for some sardines and crackers, then a little watermelon or mango. A balanced snack.

Georgia
Old 06-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri in MO View Post
Hi ladies,

Just heard from the doctor's office about the MRI. I have chondromalacia which is damage to the cartilage. I set up an appointment to go see an ortho doc after the holiday. I bet he says...lose weight and exercise. I'm hoping it isn't arthroscopic surgery. Or give up horseback riding. No way!

to all!
Terri -- chondromalacia was my diagnosis for my knee, too. In my case, the doc told me not to do certain exercises. I can't do things like lunges and squats. Course, he said I could do yoga, and at the time it hurt to transition between poses.

I've done a lot of work the past year to strengthen the muscles around my knee, and that seems to help. I can now do modified versions of lunges, for example, but always with some kind of support.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #24  

Ate the first cherry tomato out of our garden tonight. It was sweet and delicious!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:51 AM   #25  

Smile Tomatoes!

Yea! Heather, we had our first tomatoes out of our garden this week too, delicious! I had to have that tomato sandwich. I couldn't use as much mayo as I would have liked, but it was good anyway. LOL! Ruth
Old 06-19-2009, 06:31 AM   #26  

Im jealous all my tomatoes are still green. Vines are loaded....cant wait!!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #27  

I came out this morning, and the tomato plant had a big problem -- one large branch has almost snapped off!! I hadn't staked it cause it hadn't seemed to need it. It's a patio plant.

I staked it just now, but I fear the damage is done. Anyone have any idea whether I've just lost most of my tomatoes?? Can a large branch that's mostly broken off still get any nutrients to the tomatoes?

Last edited by Heather; 06-19-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #28  

Smile

Heather, I wish I could answer that for you. I find it is best to always tie them up to a stake. We have had some break in spite of being staked, I am just not sure what DH did about them. I hope you can save them! Ruth
Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Morning ladies,

Hooray for Friday!

DH is salivating for the first ripe tomatoes. We were a little slower getting our stuff planted this year but things are taking off. He's about to die about how slow the cucumbers are growing but those will take off like wildfire here soon.

I'm making some progress on the pool landscaping. I spent 2 hours the night before last carrying bags of dirt, landscaping stones and cobblestones. I thought my arms would fall off. Oh yeah, and buckets of sand. I swear that stupid sand is multiplying because I keep moving it without being done. I need more landscape stones for the "pad" the stairs will sit upon. Of course, DH had to tell me that what I want done is going to be a lot of work and really something for a professional or two men. He should know by now to never tell me that I can't accomplish something. I should be be able to finish the steps area by the weekend. Oh and I decided upon 35 pound handweights for the inside steps instead of boat anchors. Much, much more manageable than bags of sand and less drowning possibilities.

Carol - I'll email you some menu files that I have that are points based. Would you like low carb ideas too? We don't follow every day, every week but they really help for ideas for when food gets boring.

Barb - How was your walk? I bet you finished in good time and conidition. And next year to run; how exciting is that possibility? Looks like I won't be doing more jogging. I'll just have to C25K using speed walking and inclines when I get back to the treadmill.

Heather - I think Lilion might be your best resource about the tomato plant. She's the guru. You've done great with the fresh veggies and gardening this year. Isn't it fun??!

Ruth - I can hardly wait for the first fresh BLT. I know I know..bacon is not all that healthy but I can do more tomato and less bacon.

Debi - Woohoo on the scale! for having still all the doctor's visits and the hospital trips. Hopefully they'll get it under control soon. Great job on helping him to lose the 10 pounds. Keep up all the good work!

Georgia - Weekends are hard for me too. We tend to eat only twice a day on the weekends and I end up with too much. Plan something special for yourself like a movie night and a healthy snack. Something where you'll enjoy your time and not prone to losing focus. You can do it!

Val & Lilion - We miss you!

I better get going.

to all!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 06-19-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #30  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Just a quick check-in today. The boys are with their father for the weekend. They left last night. He drove up in a rented Hummer and the 11-year-old was totally impressed. Today I got a call from the boys telling me they went shopping and bought new toys and TVs for the vacation house. I guess the parenting games have begun!

I did a little butter therapy last night (butter on corn, on baked potatoes, cooked my steak in butter...I vaguely remember chocolate too) and I watch Nights in Rodanthe and had a good cry. Then today I got back on track, kept busy with the last of my homework (Javascripts are making me crazy!) and spent time on the phone with my mother who is determined to get her licks in with my ex. I'm not letting her do that. It wouldn't help my situation and he would only say hurtful things to her.

I wish I could find a therapist who I could introduce to my mother, who could teach her how to deal with stress in far more productive ways. Are there any "crazy old lady" life-coaches? If not, someone should invent some!

Georgia
Closed Thread