Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

cj-yes i have lots on my mind..basically whats been going on is this: i live in new braunfels where my husbands family is..all of my family lives in arlington which is four hrs away..so i dont see them often, havent seen them since january..and his family really takes advantage of the fact that my family is far away, because they know i wont stand up for myself as much..and yeah just stupid stuff like that..but as the saying goes-this too shall pass..thanks u guys
Old 06-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #482  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Hi neighbor,
Jac,
Loved all of your positives.

My one positive thing about me today is..........I am fearless and fearless with yet another day off!!!!!

Back later sweet taters,
Ags
Thanks...and I like yours too!!! I have one more today...one of my goals for June is to get to 60 minutes of cardio. Well today I did 50 minutes on the Arc Trainer and about 15 on the bike....I am so proud!!! Now if I could just do the Arc for a whole hour, that would make me REALLY happy!!!

Last edited by Jacque9999; 06-10-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:35 AM   #483  

Good Thursday Morning Ladies,
Again it looks like some great positives happened yesterday. But we have quite a few absentees, what's going on?
Well last night I get to work an hour and a half and make $150.00. I video taped a dance school's production of The Wizard of Oz. OMG, those kids are just adorable. And it was a good night because only one little girl (she was a dancing crow from when Dorothy meets the Scarecrow) did the potty dance and ran off stage to do her business.

Jacque- Cleansing done, feeling lighter and no scale yet. WOO HOO!!!

Ags- You are fearless. Glad your facing those fears and putting them in their place. Did you have a good time at the graduation?

bite- I hope your able to rest and get some shut eye soon. It's hard being so far away from your family. Hang in there kiddo!!!

CJ- Another dinner invite. Why aren't you our little Miss Socialite! Enjoy yourself! And of course we are praying for your legal issues to end and that they go in your favor.

My positives for yesterday...

1) I made an extra $150.00

2) I stayed OP

3) I got all my exercise in.

I hope everyone has an awesome day and what I really hope for is the safe return of all our M.I.A. 3FC members, you know who you are.

Guardrails Up!!!

Later - Learn
Old 06-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #484  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"]Good Thursday Morning Ladies,
Again it looks like some great positives happened yesterday. But we have quite a few absentees, what's going on?
Well last night I get to work an hour and a half and make $150.00. I video taped a dance school's production of The Wizard of Oz. OMG, those kids are just adorable. And it was a good night because only one little girl (she was a dancing crow from when Dorothy meets the Scarecrow) did the potty dance and ran off stage to do her business.

Jacque- Cleansing done, feeling lighter and no scale yet. WOO HOO!!!
I loved when my kids did those plays and stuff in school. I remember once when my son was in t-ball, he was in the outfield and all he did was the Wee- Wee dance. It was hysterical...but he did hold it in till they went up to bat. That image is etched in my mind FOREVER.

So are you a photographer as well as a videographer? Would love to see your work, if you are. I went to photography school in the early 80's but never did much with it. Wish I had!!!!

Yup!!! Still no scale...TOMORROW!!!! I hope it says something good. It's funny because all of a sudden in the last week or so, people are really starting to comment on my shape. That feels good.

Not sure I have a positive...went to Boot camp, but that's a given...will check back later to give an update....

EVERYONE...HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 AM   #485  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Hello Everybody!

Just a quick stop in while my monkey is sleeping - I should be cleaning! My positive today is that my hubby has just booked our plane tickets for August! My baby brother is getting married Aug 22nd, me and the little guy fly over on Aug 12 and my hubby a week later. I cant wait as I will get 2 whole weeks with my family.

Im being a good, sticking OP and will be doing the gym later on.

Im just so excited though!!! Can not wait!

I think you get the idea Ill be back this evening! Hope you all have a wonderful day! Stay strong
Old 06-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #486  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiSara View Post
Hello Everybody!

Just a quick stop in while my monkey is sleeping - I should be cleaning! My positive today is that my hubby has just booked our plane tickets for August! My baby brother is getting married Aug 22nd, me and the little guy fly over on Aug 12 and my hubby a week later. I cant wait as I will get 2 whole weeks with my family.
You say "fly over"...to where? Where's the wedding?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #487  

[QUOTE=Jacque999
So are you a photographer as well as a videographer? Would love to see your work, if you are. I went to photography school in the early 80's but never did much with it. Wish I had!!!!
[/QUOTE]

Actually Jacque yesterday was my first video shoot. My friend who does it for a living and also gives me the wedding shoots gave me a crash course tuesday night. It was a pretty basic shoot, mainly wide screen (full stage), but I hope to get into it more. And it's easy money. I also hope to get my own website of sorts so I can show off some of my work. Right now I'm just kinda collecting what I do shoot. Weddings are not my true love and I'm really not sure what is. I love photographing kids, but can't stand it when the parents butt in. Love photographing horses, any animal really, landscapes, etc. But my favorite subject is my son and sometimes I drive him crazy and have to back off a little bit. I still need to do his 6th. grade pictures. I was thinking of doing it this weekend, but we stayed in the pool too long yesterday and he had his goggles on the whole time and ended up with raccoon eyes. So I have to wait for the circles to fade around his eyes.

Hey, I'm sure your scale visit will go great tomorrow and I can't wait to hear about it.

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 06-11-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #488  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

learn exercise, op, and money-can't beat that

sara that's nice 2 weeks with your family

bite I'm sorry his family is taking advantage, but know this, when you're ready you will have the confidence to stand up for yourself. You deserve to be loved and valued and treated with respect from people who are supposed to be your family, too. All you have to do is say NO, I will not be treated this way ONCE and it will stop.

cj the leg is loads better, thanks for asking. Good job on preparing for your dinner.

ags Fearless Ags!! Go girl!! Now, if you can help me get over my fear of bridges I would be much obliged! Another day off?! That's nice.

Jacque good job on not weighing yourself until tomorrow. I hope you have a good weigh in!

Mainah? Nona? Where are you two?

My positives: I have a date on Friday with the new guy and I get my braids Friday.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #489  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi sweet peas!

Bite -- what do you have to stand up for yourself about? Do you live with your in-laws? If you don’t want to tell us, it’s okay, but I want to help if I can. Many hugs...

Jacque -- you’re doing so great on your exercise. I like that you wouldn’t even mention boot camp for your positive because it’s just part of your life now. I think that is how we need to start thinking about eating right and regular exercise ... they are not extraordinary, they are just part of our daily life. Then we will have made it. (I’m not there yet, sigh.)

Ags -- I liked your positive when you said: “My positive for yesterday is that I made myself face some fears and do what I needed to do. I put the importance in the right place!!!!!” I am going to try to take after you and confront my fears. Certain things are important, and other are not. It’s so simple, but difficult. Life gets cluttered somehow. I get so nervous and have this underlying state of anxiety that disrupts my life when I’m not sure what decision to make or when I'm afraid.

Learn -- your name is apt, you are always “learning” new things. Congrats on your videography. And making money while you’re doing it, YAY!!!

Sara -- I bet your little one has grown since the last time you saw your family. Has your baby ever flown before? I’m trying to think of a map from Finland to England, it doesn’t seem like it would be a long flight so I hope it goes very smoothly and you have a lovely time with your family. I love your excitement !!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

Devsmama
-- I see, even through the internet, the huge change in your life and attitude since you made a commitment to be healthier. Congrats to you, Shia.

My positive:
Last night was a “girls night out” dinner hosted by a gal I met during a trip to Cuba a couple of years ago. There were maybe 10 or 12 women there, all about my age. I knew about 6 of them slightly, and the rest not at all. It was great and highly interesting to see them in a setting outside their normal one. I learned a lot about some of them and their personalities that I would never have seen otherwise. I even have a lunch date with one I hit if off with pretty well.

I also watched how these ladies ate. It was interesting and eye-opening. First off, this whole meal was a “ladies” meal ... you know, salad, cold asparagus soup, white wine, a smoked salmon appetizer, cold shrimp and chicken to mix in the salad, and homemade watermelon sorbet for dessert. Nothing was really out-of-bounds for me except the little pieces of bread with the appetizer and the sorbet (didn't eat the bread -- did eat the sorbet, ack!). But some of the women skipped entire courses, or just took a few polite spoonsful and set it down. A few allowed themselves to be served the soup, for example, but then literally didn’t even pick up a spoon to taste it. I wanted to ask for seconds! I still have a lot to learn about how to deal with food in social situations, but in observing I am learning. And I suspect these people eat at home like this. I hope some of this rubs off on me.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

cj-no we dont live with them, we did at one time, and they were UPSET when we moved out and left his mom to take care of her own bills, but like he told them, we have to live our life and stuff...so thats one reason they dont like me, because we didnt put our names on the line for a house for her. so heres the story. well my mom gave me a really expensive printer of hers once she got a new one, granted the things old, but still in really good condition and works just fine. so michael's (husband) cousin is graduating and they needed me to complete the invitations and print a bunch of pictures, well they were keeping me over until 1 am each night, so i just left the printer there and they used it, but then they broke the ink cartridge thing, so his aunt said she would pay for HALF of a new printer, well so i figure that is better than nothing, and its other things too..its just they are mean/two faced..

thanks shia-i know there will come a day i can have the courage..but hopefully its soon-i just try to stay away from them..
Old 06-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #491  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Jacque -- you’re doing so great on your exercise. I like that you wouldn’t even mention boot camp for your positive because it’s just part of your life now. I think that is how we need to start thinking about eating right and regular exercise ... they are not extraordinary, they are just part of our daily life. Then we will have made it. (I’m not there yet, sigh.)
Thanks...I find now that the whole healthy lifestyle has become something I WANT to do....not something I NEED/HAVE to do!!! Makes a big difference when I changed my attitude, I changed my life....guess that is my positive for the day!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #492  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Ladies,
It is a new day and new page in our lives and we get to fill it with whatever we want, Hot dang isn't that exciting!!! We can meet new friends and share dinners, we can Learn new things and love doing it and make money while learning new things and loving it, we can paint new relationships and we can decide whcih way we want them to go, we can take trips to old places as well as new, we can learn not to let others dictate how we feel and gain courage, we gain control over our lives of what we do and think and regulate how we speak, we can become fearless and powerful all at the same time. This is our book ladies and we each have one and we decide what goes on the pages in it!!!!!

My positive for today is I am taking control of me and my destiny. I gained FOUR pounds this week but tomorrow is a brand new day, with my new page clean and ready for life, MY LIFE, becasue MY LIFE IS IMPORTANT TO ME. I do not just mean my weight becasue my weight is not MY LIFE, it is just one small part of me, it does not define who I am. I DEFINE WHO I AM, at that starts with my inside, so I am starting there and the outward in time will manifest itself, that just the gravy.

I, Agatha Middleton, the AGSTERS, Ags, am so very proud of each and every one of you ladies for all the positive choices you have made thus far in your lives, you are great, and remember be kind to someone you don't even know or someone you know that doesn't expect it, I promise you, it will make their day and yours.

One more thing, Jac, I have got to say this, that was the best positive I have heard, WHEN I CHANGED MY ATTITUDE, I CHANGED MY LIFE. Don't guess, know that is your positive not only for the day, but everyday. Way proud of you.

Hugs and Smoochies to you all, will check back in later.

Agster

Last edited by colormerd47; 06-11-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #493  
Woman On A Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Ladies,
One more thing, Jac, I have got to say this, that was the best positive I have heard, WHEN I CHANGED MY ATTITUDE, I CHANGED MY LIFE. Don't guess, know that is your positive not only for the day, but everyday. Way proud of you.
Ya know Ags, if you recall when I joined 3FC one of my first posts was to this thread. And it wasn't very positive. You explained to me that the thread was for POSITIVES, so I got on track of thinking of the positives and not the negatives in this whole journey. It worked to help me with getting to where I am today.....which is 3 pounds from goal. After not weighing for a week...today the scale was VERY POSITIVE for me. I owe that to you and all the ladies here. If I didn't have this place to check out, I would feel very alone and probably not be doing as well as I have been. I am grateful.

Don't worry about the 4 pounds...I know you will shed it before long. AS you said, your weight is only a part of you...it isn't who you are. It is a part of you that you can let go of. Go for it!!! I'm routing for ya!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 05:20 AM   #494  

Good Friday Morning Ladies,
It's gonna be a short one this morning, as far as personals. It looks like we all had a good day yesterday.
I was OP yesterday, but when I got in the pool to exercise I just didn't have it in me. I had a massive amount of errands to run, my son's dentist in the morning, my son's orthodontist in the afternoon, groceries, etc... And somehow between it all I got all the laundry done. Last load was done and folded at 9 PM. But when I got in the pool it was about 4 hrs. later than my usual time, I didn't eat dinner yet, so I was hungry.
My day today is starting out like crap. I've been in wishy washy tears for the last hour. My husband left for NC to attend a funeral and I couldn't join him due to too many obligations here, like my Mom, I have a wedding to photograph saturday, and again my Mom. I just don't handle him being away too well. He will be back sunday night, so I'll have to try to stay busy until then.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

I have two sets of GUARDRAILS UP!!!

Later - Learn
Old 06-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #495  
Samantha

S/C/G: 200/159/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies. My positive today is that it is the last day of exams and the kids will be gone after today from school. Next week I begin summer vacation and I'll lots of time to walk the pounds away.
Closed Thread