Old 04-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #1  

Default hi... new here :)

hi everyone i'm cassie. i was searching for a weight loss community & i'm glad that i found this one. i've been reading a bit & it seems like a really great place to be.

back in november, i had a heart attack. i'm 29 years old and it was a big wake up call for me. i've lost some weight, but i'm not doing nearly as much as i should be. even though i've seen what could happen to me, i'm still struggling. i need a support system. i've been fat all my life, so this is a huge change for me... and i know that's exactly what it needs to be.

i am so overwhelmed by the amount of weight i have to lose. i honestly don't even know how much i weigh. i haven't been weighed in years, but if i had to guess, i would guess that i weigh around 500 pounds. i've never admitted that to anyone before & it's really scary. i can't even find a scale that will weigh me... i haven't ever seen one in stores that goes up high enough to tell me how much i weigh. if anyone could point me in the right direction to find one, i would be grateful.

i don't mean to sound so "woe is me". i just am overwhelmed and i'm SO thankful that i've found a place where i will be able to get the support system i so desperately need. and hopefully i will be able to contribute and support others as we all go on our journey together. i'm finally ready to do it & this time i WILL succeed.
pisces33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #2  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

Welcome Cassie! I'm glad you're here! All glory goes to God that you are with us today.Just take it one day at a time and lean on the good folks here at 3FC whenever you have questions or just need some encouragement.I'm rooting for you ( seriously I have pom poms and I'm waving them in the air) and if you stay committed to reaching your goals you will find success.Good Luck!XOXO
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #3  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Cassie. Just know that you are surrounded by people who you may never see you, but will support you with all they have. This is a great place to be, not only for weightloss, but for general support. I'm like getting right, here rooting for you with pom poms!! You will do great, I know it!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #4  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Cassie, I'm so glad you've joined us! I know that I always need to be surrounded by cheerleaders, and you've found a great group!

I've not been here on this website long, but I'm not new to the long-term weight loss game. I'm so sorry you've had such a bad health scare. That alone can be quite immobilizing in some ways and seriously motivating in others. I got serious about losing weight nearly 18 months ago after a type2 diabetes scare was piled on top of a series of health issues.

Looking forward to having some fun together!

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Cassie you are in the right place! We are here for you! Can I suggest you join the 300+ weekly thread? I bet you will feel comfortable there. Sending you a big hug. Here's the thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168597
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Hello and Welcome! I am so glad you came to this site, it has been a total lifesaver for me. I am addicted and spend at least half an hour here a day! It is such a great place to answer questions, read about people getting to their goals with pictures even (Great motivater) but most of all, just support. I've never had that much support in my personal life but on here I feel like I can conquer the world. Good luck to you on your journey to a healthy life!

I've read a few things about scales and I know that amazon and a few other sites have scale that are able to weigh up to higher numbers, I'll do some research for you.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hellooo Cassie! Welcome welcome welcome!

I know it is scary to admit your weight issues. Believe me, we've all been there and totally understand. You have nothing to fear from us. We are here to support and love you.

You can do it! We can do it!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #8  
So Much I Wanna Do!

S/C/G: 314/308.75/164

Hi Cassie! I am so glad you found 3FC and the 300+ board! Really I am. I am new here too but was just amazed that there were all these people out there that felt just like me, that had the same problems, and fears, and worries as me! That in itself has been a big help to me. I don't post much but I am here everyday reading.

You will find a lot of support and encouragement here as well as lots of good information and advice.

Truly glad you are here!
Wanna

Last edited by Wanna; 04-09-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Wanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #9  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Cassie, and welcome to the board. You will find yourself smiling some days as you read something and go "I thought I was the only person who ever felt like that or experienced that!". It is funny to think that we often believe that nobody else could be SO embarrassed, or SO scared, and it just can't be a normal feeling, but it IS! I wish I had found this board a LONG time ago, well before I started losing weight. I believe I would have felt so much more "normal" and would have had far fewer worries.

Please don't feel too bad that you haven't made amazing changes in your life since your heart attack. You have made SOME changes, and coming here is another wonderful change. THAT is what is important. Sometimes we kick ourselves for the things we DON'T do, and we forget to give ourselves a hug for the things that we DO do.

I hope to hear/read more from you and to learn more about you.

Take care,

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #10  
300+ Chick

Hello and welcome Cassie! Glad that you are here, this is the most friendliest site on the net. I once remember GNC store used to have a scale that you get a print out reciept. You can check it there to get weighed. I used to know a online friend who weighed 500 Lbs and was using the GNC scale weekly. Good luck!

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #11  

i just wanted to thank you all for your warm welcome! it means so much to me that i have found such a great support system.

i got a couple of PM's and i will respond to those in a bit just didn't want anyone to think i was ignoring them
Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Cassie

Welcome to 3FC. This is a great site with a lot of great people. The secret is to keep posting here no matter what. If you're having a bad day the people here will be here to either kick you in the butt or to give you virtual hugs. You'll love it.

Vicki
dolfingirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfingirl2000 View Post
Hi Cassie

Welcome to 3FC. This is a great site with a lot of great people. The secret is to keep posting here no matter what. If you're having a bad day the people here will be here to either kick you in the butt or to give you virtual hugs. You'll love it.

Vicki
i'll do that AND i'm going to start a blog. if i force myself to blog every day then i'll be held accountable for what i do (or don't do) and what i eat.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #14  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome! Welcome!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote