Old 03-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #1  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

Height: 5'7"

Default I blew it!

I began my new lifestyle January 12, 2009. I've lost 28 lbs, so I'm doing pretty good! Last night I went to movie night at church. They had PIZZA. I ate 4 pieces. I've not had pizza since Jan 12. IT WAS SO GOOD!!! I ate a salad before I went, but it didn't detour me from eating.

They were actually really small pieces, but I feel bad this morning.

I guess the good thing is there were all kinds of sweet desserts and I didn't touch them! AND I drank diet soda (even though there were cokes abounding....which is my weakness)

But that was last night...today is a new day.

Sigh...
iwannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

ABSOLUTELY today is a new day! Guess what? In the course of your life you WILL mess up again. I do it much too frequently!!!

And the one saving grace, is that each new day -- each new MEAL -- is a new opportunity to get it together!

So, my advice is to just move forward and not beat yourself up about it. At the same time, try to learn from it. Why did it happen? Etc.

I know that I've learned from (too many) such situations that having ONE piece of X frequently leads to numbers 2,3,4 etc. I am learning that if I have the strength to just say NO to the first bite, it's easier to stay stronger.

Of course, I don't always have strength to say no to the first, but I'm working on it...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

You've lost 28lbs in 71 days, that's 2.76lbs a week, that's virtually a stone a month, that's fantastic!

Nothing's blown. Your determination slipped a tad, you're still doing fantastically!

Congratulations on what you've lost so far. You're just going to stick to Plan today, aren't you? You're not going to go punishingly low, are you?
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #4  
Meow

You didn't blow it at all! People slip! You are doing amazing!
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Look at it this way...you have NOT had pizza since Jan!! That is over 2 months without eating pizza. That is a great accomplishment!!
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #6  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

My coach used to say, "Nothing hurt. Let's get the next one." That's what I say to you this morning. You did it, you admitted it, now move on from it. Today is a new day!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #7  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I agree that you didn't do that bad. You've made spectacular progress regardless, and you ate the salad beforehand and didn't indulge in all the empty sugars of regular coke. Sounds fine to me! Move on and leave it behind.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #8  

Ok..so you had a weak moment. Just move on today...you might want to drink extra water today and tommorow to help flush out any extra sodium in it. You have done amazing!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

If you only indulge in something like that once every two months, you didn't blow anything! Just resume healthy eating and you will be fine. I always have cheat days built into any diet plan. It makes the process so much more enjoyable.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #10  
BELIEVE!

You are human. None of us are perfect. Life happens! You didn't blow anything, you had a little slip, you've acknowledged it, time to move on.

You have a lot to be proud of! You've made major life changes and a bit of pizza isn't going to take that from you!

Chin up friend! It's a new day...make it a great one!

BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

My take on it is that you were at an event and enjoyed yourself. You had some foods you don't normally eat, but so do I when I go to an event. I mean when I make a raw food tart for my family, I eat a slice or two! haha...

Do I eat that every day? No...

You're allowed to eat foods that are a bit naughty now and then. The point, in my eyes, is not to eat those foods every day.

To me a slip is when I follow bad eating habits for like a few days. That is totally slippage! Believe me, I had a SLIP where I had cookies for like three days! OHHHHHHH! Now I'm all cookied out...I won't have cookies for like months lol.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #12  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

I agree with everyone else. Nothing is blown. You slipped a little, you got back on plan right afterwards... no harm done. We all cheat every once and a while I think... at least most people do. As long as you can stop yourself from slipping into old habits, it's all good. Don't beat yourself up over it... it's not worth it.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #13  
I am HIS Workmanship

S/C/G: 310/See Slider/165

You are all great! Thanks so much for you encouraging words. ((((((((((((())))))))))) to you all.
iwannalose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Hi Donna~~

You didn't blow it at all and obviously no one here thinks that you did. When I lost my 130 lbs. before, I used to cheat on my diet every day----meaning I would have a bite of my boyfriends ice cream and once in a while I even allowed myself a bowl for myself. Once a month I even ate whatever I wanted--Chinese food, spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread, even pizza. The funny thing was, after I ate the food that I was "craving", I usually felt sick after wards. Anyway, you are going to be confronted with situations like this in the future and really the only think that you can do is to realize that it's okay. As long as you go right back on your eating plan and following your diet you will be fine. You will only have a problem if you do not get back on your eating plan. So you are fine and you didn't blow it.

Vicki
dolfingirl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #15  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Dont be so hard on yourself! One meal slip is completely managable! It takes time to learn not to beat up on yourself. And time to find balence of not taking advantage of not beating yourself up. Dont know if that makes sense to anyone!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote