Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #31  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hi everyone,

May I join you? I am seriously considering surgery (a gastric sleeve, as recommended by the Kaiser surgeon), so on one hand, I have the goal of getting to 300 so that I'll be a candidate and on the other hand, if I don't do surgery, I need to do Something. Again.

In the past year, I married and bought a house and turned 40 (all for the first and hopefully only time, not to knock reincarnation or anything). What Was a repeat was seeing my weight top 300. I once lost 65 pounds, but saw it slowly return once I stopped going to the gym regularly.

I'd love to find a group for encouragement and support and discipline and all the things I saw in your great posts this week. Would it be okay to join you?

~Shimmers~
Old 03-19-2009, 05:12 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Shimmers, you've found the right place, there are people here 'healthy eating', doing W/W, South Beach & various other plans. Some ladies have lost 200lbs+ or 30-50lbs & working on the rest. Feel free to aske questions, share tips, moan laugh, whatever.xxxxxxx
Well I'm feeling totally great now, must have been hormone the other day! I have a 'careers guidance interview' today to help me focus on my strengths, job hunting & interview tips. Hope it helps, I REALLY want a job.
xxxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 03-19-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Annie~ Nope they are still sick poor babies and the rest of the family is sick and deicded to share it with me. So no working out I can't breath to do anything. So watching my food intake. I want this cold out of here.

Shimmers ~ You can do this. There are alot here who have been where you are. I'm included I'm over 300lbs and got to get this weight off. Have you tried counting calories? Or what about a low carb diet? I know South Beach is good I have done it and lost 40lbs but gained it back when I stopped watching my carbs. If I eat too many I gain like crazy so I have to limit them. If you fall off the wagon just jump back on we're here for you. And start slow on excerising just take baby steps.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Annie - Well, I am shaky in heels! My first pair in like 10 years! I was totally not wanting all those man shoes and ended up getting a pair of chunky high heel maryjanes. They are simple and cute. Of course it occurs to now that I should get another pair of a more lighter toned shoe for my other looks. lol. Oh well, I'll have to go back!

Shimmers - Welcome! In my own personal opinion, I think part of the issue with the weight regain, and certainly I'm in that group as I had lost 30 pounds and regained it and then some years ago, is that I couldn't seem to get past the "dieter" frame of mind. Meaning, as soon as I relaxed I gained weight back because I went back to my old lifestyle. Now I'm learning how to move on from that dieter attitude and merge into a lifestyle change. I'm finding it a challenge, but that is all part of the journey I think. I agree, you can do it! But doing it as in changing your life for you!

Well today I'm rushing about trying to get things ready for my meeting tomorrow. lol. I haven't been in a meeting in ages, so this is new for me. We'll see how it goes. I'll take a picture and post it. I don't have many before pictures...maybe I can find some somewhere.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 318/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello all...I'm new to this site and I have a question that has been bugging me. This may not be the appropriate place to ask, but it looks like the busiest thread so that's why I'm posting here.

Does anyone here take a fiber supplement? When I am on weight loss programs, I become very irregular. I find this odd since I am eating better - more fruits and veggies and such. I have been reading the labels on fiber supplements but they all state there is the potential for a laxative effect. I DO NOT want a laxative...just a little more fiber to promote regularity. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions? Thanks for your time!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

Mainah- HI and welcome. I have the same issues when eating healthy. I have IBS and its settles down and changes its course. I think eating greasy food and soft drinks trigger D. So when I eat right, I get C.
I have found fiberchoice tablets work best for me. Also be sure you are getting in enough water!

not alot going on here today..weather has cooled back down so we (me and kids) are stuck inside. I felt so much better being outside.
food is good..water is great...exercise is still happening....life is good ...now if the scales would just move ...
hugs to all
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #37  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Hey all - Hows it going? Glad to report another pound gone and u know what it was hard work! I've done loads of walking, nursing shifts and have eaten really well, so was expecting a little more, but anything down will do!

Jacquie - just wanted to say hi and I have had problems with HS for years off and on, mainly in the axilla/armpit so I feel your pain! I have learned to deal with it and mine is not too bad. Hope u are ok. The heels sound great, u have done really well getting a load of weight off! Well done

Annie - Cannot believe that u were ever 300 pounds heavier, its just unreal!! Well done u and sure u will be there and soon

Sharon - glad u are doing well and back on track, good for you!

Me - doing ok, work is busy but rewarding. Am starting training tomorrow to be a mentor and do teaching and assessing in practice. When I first wrote on here I was a nursing student, and now I will be assessing students, thats mad, time goes quickly!!

I am personally really really determined to keep on walking/eating well/keeping track of my calories as a way of life, and I am excited and impatient to get a whole load of weight off, but it will take time eh?

Have a great week all x x
Old 03-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Annie, you ARE tiny!!! I can't believe the photos. You look fantastic. Now with all your weight lifting, you're going to be so toned and trim!!! Yes, it takes baby steps and this in day 4, and I'm doing fantastic. I've changed eating times too and it seems to be helping ALOT!! thanks for the encouragement!

Shimmers, I did the exact same thing you did. I lost 75 and gained back 40 of it so now I'm back OP. We can do this! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Ally, feel well soon!

Jacquie, looking forward to seeing the pics!

Mainah, Welcome! Can't really answer your question though. I was more irregular when I wasn't eating right, but since I started eating the right food again, I've been pretty regular.

Debi, they'll be moving soon, I'm sure of it!

EmilyMay, I remember when you became a nursing student and look at you now!! Losing weight, loving the job and having a great life. YAY for you!!!

I'm doing pretty good so far. I've picked a low carb slim fast diet and it really has cut down on the cravings for me. Before we were eating 3 meals in 6 hours due to Jim's work schedule, but I've changed it and spread it thruout the day more and it's really helped. I'm not pigging out at night at all now. Just my dinner at 6 and a snack at 8 and it's working great. I feel in control again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for when TOM approaches. That seems to be the time my hormones get all whacked out.
Toodles
Old 03-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #39  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Shimmers, welcome. You are definitely in the right place for love & support.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Debbie - hooray for day 4!

DC - I had to throw my mini goals out the window too - my next goal is to release one more pound. Then I will think about the next.

Hey - I'm looking for a whoosh - anybody seen one? I miss Battle!

Seems like we are lurking alot but not posting - I promise to try to do better - I think of each one of you every day. Each one of you have been so supportive in this journey.

Hugs to all - including Rat's special lurkers (and Rat)
Carol
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

evening ladies...

Took today and tomorrow off work. The kids are on spring break and we are just being lazy.

Eating has been off the charts!! I have ate fast food 2 times in the past few days..and I know after I eat it I will like SH!T!!! WHY???? Why do I eat it!! UGH!!

Tomorrow I am going out to bars passing out my business cards. I am only allowing myself to have one beer! Whish me luck!

I bought the Leslie walking video..starting that tomorrow..am!

Last edited by azcyn; 03-19-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typos
Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

Quick fly by. DH and I are leaving tomorrow morning bright and early to drive to SPRING TRAINING. Yay!! I took a few days off work, as did DH, and we are just bolting out of town. I hope the recharge my battery. We are packing some food in hopes of doing well. I am confident we will do some good walking.

Later taters,
Angie
Old 03-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #43  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Hello Ladies!

I am having a great week so far, made it to the gym several times and have stayed OP.

I had a little NSV this evening. I brought some fruit, two-bite brownies and mini-muffins to my book club, and had them sitting in the center of the table, within reach, all through the meeting. The pumpernickel muffins were calling my name! I love those things. But I resisted temptation and just helped myself to a few pieces of fruit instead.

Has anyone read the book "Finally Thin" by Kim Bensen? I am about halfway through and really enjoying it. She is 'one of us' - formerly weighed in the mid-300s and lost over 200 pounds. She doesn't promote a particular diet but just gives more motivational, how to succeed type info. It's helping me stick to my plan and giving me ideas to help me lose weight.

This is my weekend to work and so I have tomorrow off and I'm really looking to it. I have a breakfast date at Starbucks with a friend, then I'm off to the gym for a water aerobics class with another friend, and then I'm off to Atlanta for lunch with another friend. Usually I just sit at home on my days off!

VermontChick, sorry to hear that your school is closing and I hope you find another job soon. Good for you for making the necessary changes to get healthy and control your diabetes. Right now I am just calorie-counting which is working well so far.

Annie, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look amazing!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on the new job - you're right, having a job to go to is truly a blessing.

Angie, good for you for making goals and sticking to them! Making tangible goals is one of the keys to success in this journey.

Cyn, that's great that you were able to make healthy choices as a group. Don't let the negative emotions get the better of you - just keep at it and you will do it. Look forward, not back - you will get there!

Jacquie, at least you know what it is and how to deal with the HS. Good for you for getting past your fears and going to the doctor. Glad to hear you're starting to enjoy clothes shopping - I am looking forward to that, as I'm still in the 'whatever fits and covers me up' mode!

Shimmers, hello and welcome! You've found a great group here, lots of support. You can do this!

Mainah, welcome to the board! I have never taken fiber supplements so I can't really speak to your question. Have you tried natural remedies like prunes maybe? I am totally speaking out of ignorance here though, so take that with a load of salt!

EmilyMay, you sound like a busy chick! That's great that you are still making time to take care of yourself.

Debbie, sounds like you've got a plan to work for you - that's great!

DC and Carol, setting mini-goals is a tricky thing for me, too. I've decided to just set one at a time and not put any dates on them.

Angie, have fun!

Okie doke, I know I've missed some folks but I'm about to head off to bed so I can get up bright and early tomorrow. Have a great night!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Shimmers: Welcome. Glad to have you here. Everyone is so postive and helpful. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Keeper: Feel better soon.

Jacquie: New shooooooooes! Love em.

Emily: Hi girl. Congrats on another -1. Great job being on track.

Debbie: Woo hoo for day 4. You are doing so great. Hugs.

Cyn: Come on girl, get your bootie back on track. Here's a hand up!

Carol: Hi doll.

Angie: Have a super great trip.

Leslie: Great NSV. Super job on watching the food.

Work was crazy today but it's over. I have to admit, Someone gave me an Easter Egg shaped reses peanut butter cup, my fav, and I had all entention on opening it up and eating it. I opened it up and there was a perfect bite mark out of it. Ewwww. I threw it away and thanked God for that weird little thing. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 AM   #45  
More Tortoise than Hare

S/C/G: 320/317/199

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I'm really excited to be here ... although tonight I can't stay long. The day got away from me -- it was Beautiful here, so I got my exercise weeding the garden this evening. Now it's DH time. I ate moderately, drank lots of fluids, got active, and just had a good day.

(Mainah, I have taken fiber, too, and I haven't had a laxative effect with either the water type or the tablets, especially once I get on a program. I have diverticulosis, so fiber is important, and I find everything works better when I have a supplement.)

See you all tomorrow!
~Shimmers~
Closed Thread