Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #200

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #2  

Morning, all!

Got a lot on the agenda for today-- but I will get some cardio in later today. Had a good food and exercise weekend!

Speaking of exercise, I'm noticing the exercise thread slowing down a little -- come on, let's get moving AND reporting those minutes!!!

Last edited by Heather; 03-02-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies,

Not much to chat about this morning. My mind went blank. Guess I'll just hello and come back later.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #4  

IM BACK!!! The wedding was PERFECT!!! The weather could have been worse but it was spitting ice pellets pretty much the whole day but it didnt stick to the ground...It was beautiful and my daughter was radiant. My granddaughter was perfect and slept thru the whole reception!!! We had a wonderful time and my daughter and new son inlaw are honeymooning in the smoky mountians.I was exhausted yesterday but am coming around today. My body is sore and i am counting the hours of cleaning up and decorating as exercise!!! LOL I worked up a good sweat both times!!
Im up 6lbs on the scales..but I ate !!! IM back OP today and drinking water!! I also am going to exercise this month as spring is coming...We are in the 20 today for highs but 60s later in the week!!
HOpe everyone has a wonderful OP week!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations, mother-in-law! The smokies are so gorgeous, hope they get outside to see some of the sights.

DD has decided that she wants to stay home alone (she's 19) while we go up to Frankenmuth, so I guess we're going to have some grown-up time. Our first trip alone in like 17.5 years was a concert in Chicago a couple of years ago, and then we had the long weekend in San Francisco. Terry is really excited - evidently, there is a place that has a chicken dinner to die for, that everyone who goes there eats.

I am heading for the gym - I could get used to this there's going to be an income, but I don't have to do anything yet.
Talk to y'all soon.

Sue
Old 03-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

The results are in!!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:22 PM   #7  

I just saw Sue's post from last night. She's got a job!

Old 03-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!

I'm here. Sorry for the lack of posting and enthusiasm lately! I assure you I am on track - food, exercise, water are all good!!! It's just been crazy busy and I've been in a little bit of an emotional funk. Mostly due to hubby issues. All will be fine...I just have to keep positive and keep on keeping on....life is good.

I'm snowed in today with the kiddos. It's been a challenge getting work done with a 2 & 3 yo under foot. Thankfully the little one is napping and the big one is somewhat occupied with an Elmo computer game on my desk. DH is coming home early so I can attempt to get to the gym. It's only 2 miles from my house so I'm willing to fight the roads to get there.

When I have more time I'll do my best to catch up on posts. I hope everyone is doing well and making healthy choices!

Barb
Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Guess I'm the threadkiller today.

Had a great workout at the gym. Did an hour with my trainer and then did abs, cardio & stretching on my own. Then had a good heart to heart with a gym friend.

I picked up Subway for dinner and we had a family dinner then chased the boys around the house for a while. We have a fairly open floorplan and you can run a big circle from the kitchen - family room - hall - foyer - dining room. We did this about 8,000 times. The boys are wiped. It was fun. DH even joined in the fun.

Now the boys are getting a little bedtime tv then shouldn't put up any fuss about sleeping tonight. I plan on watching the Bachelor and enjoying my evening apple w/ pnut butter.

The snow is over and the roads are pretty clear. I was pleasantly surprised.

Have a happy and healthy night.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Barb - nice to see you feeling better this evening. Sounds like a wonderful evening.

Gotta say posting the remaining gain was quite humbling yesterday on TBL thread. I need to move out of the 70's - I think it has something to do with the mental block that under 270 I will no longer be morbidly obese. Why oh why do I hesitate even!

I was hoping to push a bit of exercise but after one day in shoes other than my walking shoes my foot is really swollen again. I guess when he said stay off of it he knew what he was talking about.

Let's hear some chatter - what's going on with everyone?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #11  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm having some problems with eating while traveling. Today, late breakfast led to missing breakfast altogether, and with a lowered blood-sugar, I made a delicious but wrong choice for "brunch" at 11 a.m. Then, just a few hours later, since I had too many potatoes at brunch, my blood sugar dropped again, and I caved again and made another poor choice, plus ate too much. I think I'm just going to hole up in the hotel room for the night, armed with only bottle water, and I'm going to bed early so I won't be tempted to eat again!

Only two meals today. This is the hard part with travel, managing hunger levels, changed schedules, and making bad choices. I've only had about 1700 calories, which is just under my allotment for the day, but when I eat it in only two meals, this makes for a dangerous situation with hunger and blood sugar issues.

Tomorrow I'm flying back to California, so another day of not knowing exactly when we're going to stop to eat. But we'll have dinner with my parents, which is always a healthy balanced meal.

Georgia
Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #12  

I feel like I'm making progress with some of my eating issues. I'm doing a better job of planning and eating more protein... and chewing gum or something when I "think" I'm hungry but am really not. I really really don't need to eat EVERY 2 HOURS during the day...

Anyway, the past few days have been must more in control. Maybe I can stop the upslide AGAIN and really start to take off what I gained.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #13  

Hi ladies,

Its going to be a busy couple of days here at work and at home. Today, I have a firedrill project from the boss that has to be done today. Tomorrow, she is in town to do performance reviews. I have mine at 10:00 in the morning. Then I'm taking a half day PTO because I have that other special meeting at 3:00 at another location. Nothing like a little stress and anxiety!

Gotta run! to all!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #14  

Teri_ i hope both of your meetings go great!!!!

heather_ way to go on getting back on track.Its so hard to get things going after being off for even a meal!!

georgia_ I understand the woes of being away from home and trying to eat right. Its so much easier when your at home.I am still trying to recover from my 3 days away from home!!

carol- please be careful when you start back exericing and listen to your body!!

barb- I have an open floor plan also and the kids love running circles thru the house...hope they slept last night so you could!!!

sue_ They got out yesterday and did some driving around...She messaged me to say how beautiful the mountains are. I am not calling her at all during the honeymoon.I want them to have the special time all to themself!! We normally talk many times a day.

lilion _ how are you??

Im still struggling trying to get back OP. I ate 5 donut holes this morning..WHY??? I have no idea!!! and to top it off they didnt really do anything special for me...LOL I think I will try to eat healthy today but really get back at it tommorow...for some reason i cant shake being tired!!
hugs to all and drink your water!!

Last edited by dgramie; 03-03-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #15  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I really want to break 300 lbs. this month. I just have 10 lbs to go. But starting first third of the month with travel is very challenging! Today we're flying back to California, stopping off at my parents' home for the night, on our way to the next group of universities. I'll be driving my own car, so I think I can get a small ice chest later today and start bringing our food along instead of going out. So perhaps I can treat the last couple of days as the upside of a carb cycle, and the next four days I can drop my calories down to compensate. Plus, now I can carry lots of water with us! I never get enough water when I travel. Or sleep. My whole sleep pattern is off.

But you know what? Thin people have the same issues when they travel...so I'm not going to sweat it! I've had a nice time in Seattle, got in a lot of walking, and my mission to help my son get a clearer vision of his future has been accomplished. I feel good about this trip so far.

Georgia

My blog: http://half-the-woman.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread