Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit after 40 #195

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

to all! Running late, post later!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

me too! Happy (?) Monday!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #4  

Good Morning,
I am trying to get laundry finished up and get my exercise in early today. I so want to get out of the 220s this week.
Tommorow is the 1 year anv of my weight loss. Looking back its been really good.I have averaged a weight loss of 1.6 a week. I sure havent seen that much for awhile but at least i am still losing. I have so much more energy than just 1 yr ago. I look so much better! My blood pressure is so much lower and im on less meds. I cant wait to see what the next year holds...
For now my goal is breaking out of the 220s and getting my weight loss increased to at least a pound a week. Losing less than a pound for a few weeks in a row is no fun!!
We are bracing for bad weather..along with a huge part of the midwest. I heard this morning 8+ inches of snow and sleet for us starting at 6pm tonight. IM so ready for SPRING!!!! I have flowers in the basement in pots still green and even have tulips sprouted. I need to bring them up today and get them warmed up and i may end up with pretty tulips in a few weeks. Next year i will bring in more of my annuals to save from dying.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week..stay warm and be safe

Last edited by dgramie; 01-26-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #5  

Heather- thank you for the inspiring post you did in 12-07. Its was great and good way to get us all inspired again! WE CAN DO THIS!!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #6  

Default Good Morning Ladies!

How is everyone doing on this cold Monday morning! We're supposed to get 4 1/2 inches of snow.

My interview didn't happen Friday. The director stuck his head in at lunch and said they were tied up and wouldn't get to me until today. I wanted to say, "But I bought a suit for you! And wore it on casual Friday!" Thank heavens for reversible coats. I just turned the darn thing inside out and am wearing it again today with a different shirt. If he doesn't interview me today, I'm out of clothes.

Went back to the 3rd Sunday at the new church. This time we did Sunday school. Thru the whole class I kept looking at the man next to me thinking he looked familier. Later my husband was chatting with him and when we left he said, "I worked with John Doe at the prison." And then - - I realized how I knew him...I did his child support hearing last week! I'm very glad to hear he is moving in a few weeks and won't still be in Sunday school with me after he gets his order.

Lost one pound at WI. Given the entire cajun shrimp pizza I ate Thursday, I think that's pretty darn good.

Gotta run.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Blc

The results are in ladies!!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #8  

I'm so pissed off. Apparently, now they need clarification from on high on whether the position is to be filled and at what level. So no interview again. Maybe never. They could have told me that from the beginning dangit.

Right now, I don't even want to interview for it. The heck with it.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy Monday! It was a long, busy, good day here. Lots of work, a training session, shopping for a girlfriend's bday gift, snuggles with my boys and now a little tv/computer before my head hits the pillow.

This weekend was fun. Saturday night we had a lovely time at the Steakhouse. I went with a girlfriend, her hubby and a guy we used to work with...sort of a double date w/o my husband. I did exceed my calories slightly for the day, but made good choices at dinner. My friend and I shared side dishes and a dessert and I ordered the petite filet. Good times. On Sunday I took the boys for a play date at a friends house. We had 5 boys all under the age of 4. It was fun and crazy!

Lilion - ARGH...sorry about the work frustrations!

DG - Happy Anniversary!!!

HI everyone else! I read the last thread, but can't keep my eyes open long enough to go back and do replies.

Sweet Dreams!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #10  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Quiet day today; worked but didn't do anything amazing. Didn't get much done around the house but kept things going. OP again. I'm not losing fast, but I'm pretty pleased with the behavioral changes I'm making. I've been managing to exercise most days and keeping my calories where I want them most days. Once I get my exercise minutes where I want them, if the weight loss doesn't pick up a little more, I'm going to reduce the calories a bit more. I hate to do that this early, but I *am* significantly older (8 years) than I was the last time I lost, so I suppose my metabolism might just be that much slower. But I also was exercising a solid 45 minutes a day back then, too. So I want to get up to between 50 and 60 minutes/day before I make a change with food.

This is a make-or-break season. With sabbatical, I SHOULD be able to lose... if I don't, I'll have to consider WLS, which I really do not want to do. (I'm actually writing that mostly to say it to myself.)

DG: Well done! Sounds like a great year.

Lilion: Hope your snow wasn't too bad... we're getting it after you Sorry about the interview. Maybe it'll be worth waiting for.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All - seems we are all in a busy phase around here but that things are going well too! Same for me.

Lilion - sorry to send the snow your way - we dodged most of it. Be safe

Great job on all the exercise around here!

Have a great day,
Carol
Old 01-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

long busy day here!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #13  

ICE here..not much snow just lots of sleet and freezing rain. LIfe is pretty much shut down in our area. I will stay in my pjs today and sew and exercise. THIs is my plan for the day...sew for an hour..30 min of exercise..at least 3 times today.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #14  

Morning all. Just dropping in quickly. No snow to speak of here; we're north of it. Got a little ice, but they say the snow will be coming, still not as much as south of us though. Didn't work out today. I got up, put on my workout clothes and got a cup of coffee and then sat on the couch and didn't bother. I'll get back at it tomorrow.

Gotta run...busy, busy!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all. I have been curled up in a fetal position for the past week, and it isn't feeling good. Layoffs will be on Thursday - nobody knows who is going, but, my bosses' behavior remains odd, so I'm assuming I'm going.

I have spent a lot of mental time reviewing my options, and I'm not going to change anything major for a while. I'll post more later, if necessary.

My weight remains stable, is drifting downward slightly. I'm not exercising much - I'm cold all the time, and seem to only want to stay wrapped up in blankets.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am still here, but just am not chatty right now.
Closed Thread