Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

We are above freezing this morning. To bad winter is headed back at us. As Carol said we need to get out and enjoy it while we can!! I will be taking the kids out to play early today before the bad weather sits in again. They are calling for a mess on tues and wed next week. IM so ready for SPRING!!!

carol- have fun at the park

heather_ hope your day is better today!!

Sue_ great job staying OP!! hugs

barb- enjoy the massage!!

lilion and teri -HI
Old 01-23-2009, 08:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Carol -- I haven't cooked butternut squash recently -- it was acorn squash I made (basically baked in the oven with a LITTLE butter, br sugar, cinn and nutmeg. Topped with a tsp of maple syrup). The last butternut squash I bought went bad!

But I've seen people talk about cutting them up and roasting them, and I'd love to try that!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Heather - I will try the Wintergold Stew with the butternut squash, rutabagas and lots of others vegs. I love having a pot of something I can heat quick for lunch.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #34  

Hey everyone. Another quickie.

Heather and Sue, sounds like you both needed a hug -

I have an interview today for a different job in my Division. The job used to be the liason between us and the Attorney General and Social Services. I know they've revamped the position, so I'm not sure exactly what it is now, but I guess I'll find out. I only heard it was open yesterday and dropped off my resume and the Director came to my office to ask when I was free today. So then I realized I haven't worn a suit since about 1994 and everything I own has monster shoulder pads, if it fits at all! One whirlwind shopping trip and I found a jacket that perfectly matches a skirt I already owned. I hate shopping.

Really, I'm not so sure I even want it. I nearly applied for it last year, but was afraid to do so in an election year. As I'm interviewing for the same spot today, you can tell I made the right call there, huh? Still, I've had my current job for 14 1/2 years and I really like it. I doubt there's much more money, but that isn't really the deciding factor. I hate change. And I times I hated my job, but that was under the old Director and the new one, who's been with us all of a week 1/2 seems to be MUCH better.

Hi to everyone! I'll bbl.

Last edited by Lilion; 01-23-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #35  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all. Nothing too special here. I didn't get enough work done and my kitchen is full of dirty dishes... but I kept my calories under 1900 and did the 1 mile WATP. I'm going to add a second work out earlier in the day either over the weekend or starting Monday. Then when I get up to 20 minutes twice a day, maybe I'll try the 2-mile walk--but I would so much rather have a real walk outside, I feel like WATP is harder on my joints than regular walking. Oh, if only the spring could come a little sooner....

Lilion--Even if you don't want the job, I hope the interview went well. It's always good to feel wanted.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #36  
BELIEVE!

Howdy Friends!

I hope everyone's Saturday is going well! I hit the gym for a couple hours this morning. Now I'm half-heartedly convincing the kids to the bath and naptime. I'm going out tonight and if I don't bathe them this afternoon I know DH won't do it tonight and we have a play date tomorrow so I want them reasonably clean.

Tonight is dinner out with a few friends at a very nice steakhouse. I'm looking forward to it! I know I'll make healthy choices and my girlfriend and I have decided to split a dessert. We are both very concious of our food choices.

Ok...guess I'll get motivated and get the boys upstairs. They are watching a movie so I know I'm in for a tantrum from the oldest.

Later chicks!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

Looks like a perfect Sunday for hibernation. Cold and looks like its going to snow. :brrr:

I'm having a frustrating time with the scale. Its barely moving and I feel like I've gotten such a better grip on food and exercise. Maybe not enough water. Maybe not enough intensity in my exercise. I'll just hang in there and not lay down in disgust.

Okay, so I was thinking about my wuss comment after watching the BL show and how Bob was having his team running at 6.5 mph. Here I had been thinking how cool that I was jogging at 4 mph without killing myself. Not that I think I'm in great physical shape but I have been exercising for a long time and I work hard physically outside for several months a year. And here are people that weigh more than me and haven't exercised probably ever and they are running at 6.5 mph????? Friday night, I decided to do a Couch to 5K on the treadmill. Week 2 which is 90 second intervals. I started at 4 mph for my first. Then I tried 4.5 mph which I almost made the whole 90 seconds. Then I did 4.2 and that seemed good. It felt like running. Then I bumped it to 5 mph and I made maybe 30 seconds. I did that a couple of times. Then I tried 6 mph. No freakin' way could I do that without being flung up against the wall. I didn't last 10 seconds and had to jump off. I just don't see how those people can be running for 30 seconds at 6 mph. They don't look like they are moving that fast. Now, later in the season when they've lost a lot of weight and are in better condition to be able to pound it out on the treadmill, sure. I'm not feeling like such a wuss anymore.

Now my goal is to be able to do week 2 at 5 mph for the whole 90 seconds.

Today, I'm getting things on Ebay. Anyone interested in Coldwater Creek jackets in size 1x and 3x, let me know. The 1x are brand new with tags. Also, if you want some horse tack too.

I'll also be going in to the fitness center this afternoon to work out on the elliptical. I'm moving up to level 2 and 3 today for at least 35 minutes. That's my goal.

Barb - How was the steakhouse? We had steak last night but at the Drexel steakhouse. That would be our house. But I have DH cut one ribeye in two pieces and I have him cut mine pretty small. You are doing so great about your choices. Especially when eating out. Such an inspiration.

Angela - Looks like a good plan for the exercise. Those WATP's are amazingly good workouts. Keep up the good work!

Lilion - How was the interview? How was WI yesterday?

Debi - Have you survived the winter weather? Its kind of rude that it has to remind us that its still January, isn't it? How is your brother; did he make it home yet?

Heather - Did you find your words yet? Sounds like maybe a hot bath and a glass of wine would have been helpful.

Sue - Oh geez, I can empathize with that feeling. How are you doing? Are you still employed for another week? Take care of yourself.

I'm off to ebay for a while. to all!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #38  

Yesterday was a good day. Hubby was feeling like exercising outside so we went for a walk at the golf course even though the temp was 20 degrees and the windchill was 10. It was COLD!!! but afterwards felt good!
Got groceries in before the snow and ice hits us tommorow evening.

Went out for lunch a local mexican place..didnt do bad at all. I thought yesterday would work out better than today seeing how son and his family are coming for my bday today.
Yes im 45 today...
We had to go to daughters bridal shower last night. The food was wonderful and not heavy. I didnt touch dessert at all!!! Everyone went on and on about how amazing the desserts were. Its kinda hard being the odd person out. It was a shower with all his parents closest friends.I knew no one at all. I also noticed I was the heaviest female in the house. I am just thankful for the weight I have lost this past year.
update on my brother_- he is home and having to go into the hospital daily for iv antibotics. HE did have staph. He also is going to the wound center daily to have the bedsores treated. He has lost about 70lbs already. He is eating a 1/4 cup of food at a time now.

hugs to all
Old 01-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #39  

Urgh. I just lost my post! I'll try again -- mini version!

Angela -- Spring can't come soon enough for me. Hang in there!

Lilion -- Old job or new, sounds like things are getting better at work! yay!

Terri -- Hang in there with the scale -- there could be a "whoosh" loss coming!

Debi -- Glad to hear your brother is getting better.

Today I WILL exercise and I WILL do some grading. Neither sounds appealing right now...
Old 01-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #40  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Had a nice dinner with friends last night, and luckily it was my friend who's both a great cook and a healthy cook! Fish and risotto and a great salad.

And, I seem to have finally lost a pound.

Terri--You have to ask whether you're a wuss? I would be so pleased to be able to run at all... I sometimes think that if I ever have to outrun some mugger or something, I'm a goner!

Heather--Ooooh, lucky you, exercise and grading. Actually, makes exercise sound fun, doesn't it?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Default Weigh - Day for BLC

Hi Ladies,
Don't forget to weigh-in today by 11:59pm!!
Have a great day!

Debbie
Old 01-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex_VVV View Post
Heather--Ooooh, lucky you, exercise and grading. Actually, makes exercise sound fun, doesn't it?
Exactly what I was thinking!!

So far I have avoided both, but I have made chili so there will be food for the week! I teach until 10pm 2x/week, so it's important I have food "ready made" for those nights!

Last edited by Heather; 01-25-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Quick fly by here. Things are going well. I'm quite excited about my exercise plan (I know I've said it before). I'm looking forward to it each day and actually miss it on my rest day.

I made "Wintergold Stew" - all vegs - you are supposed to add fresh kale or spinach at the end - I added canned spinach - quite a mistake - threw out the whole pot of it. So this weeks soup will be the sodium laden "5 Can Soup". It gets my vegs, fills me up and tastes great. Not sure I can drink more water than I do but will need to be sure to flush the ole system out with the added sodium.

It's quiet here - I am assuming it's because we are all exercising.

Have a good week,
Carol
Old 01-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Yep, Carol, that's what I was doing! Its been a productive day. I've cleaned carpets, mopped floors and got several things on Ebay. I was hoping for more on Ebay but the picture uploader was being a bit of a pain as I had to either wait a really long time or try multiple times to get photos loaded. Arrgh. I went to the fitness center this afternoon. Drumroll please...... I did 45 minutes on the elliptical for the very first time! And I didn't feel like I was dying. And I worked between levels 2 through 7. Now I can sit on the couch and relax with no GUILT!

to all!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #45  

Terri, that's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread