Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #1  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Unhappy its been a year

i can't believe its been over a year since ive been on this site. not that i havent missed it. tried the myspace thing for a little bit. and i hav a couple of friends there. but i find that people disappear around the holidays. and since i dont have really supportive or close family, its especially hard. and as a person who's a binge eater i can't take the pain or loneliness. so here i am again looking for people committed thru the holidays and thereafter. kinda back at the beginning but that's okay. its all about progression.
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #2  

I tried the facebook thing but didn't like it either. Welcome back.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Rapture - Welcome back! We're glad to have you Best wishes!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #4  

The holidays are a tough time for a lot of people emotionally. I'm glad you're "reaching out" in a way by returning to a place that you know is supportive.

Your ticker hasn't been updated since 2006. You said you needed to "start over" - does that mean you are back at your starting weight? I love fresh starts. This would be a good time to set a small goal. It doesn't even have to be a weight goal... it could be, "I'll start walking 15 minutes a day" or "I'll start eating breakfast" or "I'll drink 64 oz of water a day"... You'll be back on track before you know it.

I've only recently had my fresh start. I'm on DietToGo now. The food is great - but it is a constant struggle to not cheat.

Welcome back.
InfertileMyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #5  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Rosie - Welcome back! I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling lonley and in pain. Having other people to talk to who understand these issues is so important. What's going on in your life? Is there anything we can do to help? I guess I can start with a and invite you to join the weekly threads.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #6  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Thank you all for the warm re-welcome!

Myrtle:Yes I need to start over but I'm not at the very beginning. I need to make a new ticker right after this post. Im pretty rockstar on the activity and the water is an up and down battle. It's more so the bingeing that's probably in my way.

Nancy:I dont kno if there's anything anyone can do to help persay. Just feeling a part of something is basically I guess what I'm searching for. Right now life's a little on pause it feels like. The holidays are hard 'cause it reminds me of when my grandmother passed in '01 and well family is pretty much emotionally abuse. So I'm still struggling to get on my own two feet--having social anxiety doesnt make it any easier.
Extrinsic Rapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Rosie - do you see a therapist or are you taking any medication for the social anxiety? I know that several of the ladies here have found that their lives have been totally changed by getting the right medication and help. The holidays are such a hard time when they remind you of your loved ones who have gone. Is it possible that you can start to make some new traditions that help alleviate the troubles with your family?
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #8  

Good for you for being a rockstar with exercise and water!! That in itself can really help your health.

I totally hear ya on the binge eating. I was bulimic for over 10 years. While I no longer purge, I still really stuggle to not binge. The mail-order meal program has helped me a bit with that because I no longer have an excuse to go to the grocery store, and plus the food just isn't in the house. For me, a binge really begins the moment I start letting my mind fantasize about binging... then it continues when I get into the car and go to the store to buy a ton of food. It isn't just the act of eating that is a binge for me. It's everything leading up to it.

InfertileMyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

Hi Rosie,

It's hard when you don't have close support. I'm new to internet support forums but I like what I've found here. It's great to be able to chat about one's own journey and know you're talking to friends who are on a similar trek. I've a long way to go but I know I'll get there. Just remember that there are a lot of people facing what you face.

I've had a weight problem most of my life to some degree. I've been slim then packed it on only to take it off. A bit of a human yo-yo. My problem is I'm a good cook and I love to eat. Naughty isn't it! This time the weight is going for keeps.

The past year for me has been horrible. My mother, whom I love dearly, has had a weight issue for years. Now she suffers bad health due to Diabetic related problems. Nearly lost her last year when she had to have her lower leg removed because of a broken ankle caused by a Sugar low/fall. She also has lost the majority of her sight because of Diabetes. It is one awfully loud wake up call for me. Do something or it could be me. I'm fine now and I want to stay that way. I don't know if I'd have the courage to go through what Mum's gone through.

Just remember you are with friends who also have battle scars.

SMILE.
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote