Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #61  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just a quick post before I get ready. A friend is picking us up in just under an hour to take us to the airport. We fly out at lunch time today (Saturday) and arrive in Honolulu at 8:50am Saturday. That is going to feel weird! Arriving BEFORE the time we left.

I think most of the problems I have had lately have sorted themselves out, but to top it all off TOM arrived today, just in time for 20+ hours of airports and flying. I suppose at least it will be over and done with and I shouldn't see it again until we get back. There has to be a silver lining there somewhere.

I did all the booking for this holiday back in March/April, then things kinda took a hiatus for a while and it has only been this past week that we have decided to look at actually getting ready for the holiday. We packed yesterday and I figure if I've forgotten to buy something I will be able to buy it. It is difficult to pack for 4 weeks and a wide variety of climates.

Well, I may be able to catch up while we are away, but if not, I'll see you all in 4 weeks' time.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 12-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good afternoon everyone,

Cyn: Great job at the office party not eating junk. Way to go.

Toni: I hope you feel better very soon.

Purple: Feel better too. I think I would like to weigh 160 too but, I have to wait and see about skin removal and such before i decided that.

Debi: I hope that your brother is doing much better and they were able to take him off the breathing machines. Hugs.

Sharon: Woo hoo on loosing another 3.5 pounds. Way to go!

Debbie: Snow much lately. lol. We are getting burried with a short reprieve tomorrow with more snow to come on Sunday. I'm happy that you are so happy right now. Hugs. Glad that you had a great time at the party and Jim got a wonderful bonus. I'm looking forward to the Biggest Looser challenge. When will it start?

Beth: I hope that you had a better day today sweetie.

Catherine: Are you still cranky? Hugs to you.

Ammi: So sorry that the Sweet's is acting up. I know how much it bothers you and to top it off it makes your body hurt. Big hugs sweet friend.

Brandnewme: I'm sorry that you are feeling so rough. Hugs and I hope you come back soon. I do miss you and wonder how you are.

Anne: Hi there. Glad things are going well for you. Take care and come back when you can.

Americaninuk: Glad that the interveiw went so well. I will continue to pray that you get the job.

Jacquie: I like that you bought an inspiration skirt. I used to love the AVENUE and I would spend tons of money there. There are none up here in this area or in Idaho at all. The one that they had closed. The closest one is in Portland OR which is hours away from here.

Zelma: I hope your trip is super fun and safe. Hugs.

Carol: Hi there

Rat: Are you around?

Okay, DH and I are going to some friend's house tonight to play some board games. I have to go see my Dr. first. I hurt my back the other day and I can barely walk/move so I need her to give me something for the pain. I updated my tracker this morning to 219 as that was my weight today.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, stay safe and warm.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone!

I've been MIA and not doing too good. I'm deeply into yet another phase of a depression. This one, I pray, is holiday related and will lift once the holidays pass.

Biopsy came back inconclusive - which is better than positive but now I'm still in the same place, not knowing. It sucks.

I exercised on Monday and then again today. Not good to miss an entire week. At this rate, I'm going to have to bust my butt to get my 1,000 minutes in this month. Still not to late to salvage, though. So, I'm still rooting on me making my goal.

Eating's been OK, but not great. I'm not eating emotionally as much as I'm choosing really unhealthy food when I do eat - lots of sugar, mostly, but generally not enough veggies. Had veggies three times this week, which is better than the week before.

I signed up for a sewing class yesterday. It starts in January. I'm thrilled about it!

That's my update. Take care of yourselves. I'll be back soon, I promise. :-)
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Evening all,

I am beat. This week was a huge drain at work. My boss has opted to not support me at the last minute on a pretty big issue. That has left confused about paths forward. My entire department is off starting today through Jan 5th. I however am not. Way too much to do. I need to make sure I am using my work time very very well this coming week though, because I really want some time off to enjoy with DH. It has left me exhausted.

I am behind where I should be on exercise, so not really happy about that. Also, my weight seems to not be budging this week, so that is disenchanting.

Pity party over.

Mimi - I hope things will turn around for you.

Debi - I hope your brother is doing better. Maybe his ailing health is merely to teach us all to get our crap together and lose the weight. Point taken, now he can get better.

Annie - This is only said with a tad bit of jealousy. You are the incredibly shrinking woman. Would you care to share what you eat in a day? You don't have to, but I know you work out a lot, but unsure what you eat. I would love to see the magic that is Annie's weight loss.

Purpleorc - I hope things clear for you.

Ammi - I hope the new year provides you some relief from your Sweets.

Jacquie - You have a very thin looking face. My face is actually one of my least favorite parts. I neck hands like a turkey waddle.

Anne - Congrats on your good grades. I hope you enjoy your time off.

OK, I think that's it for me.

Take care and be well,
Angie
Old 12-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #65  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

It is official, the 100 pounds is now gone! I had my weigh in and made it, just made it by losing one half pound this week. I am relieved and elated, now maybe the cravings will settle down.
The drive to the city was fine, the roads were okay, I did need my four wheel drive and therefore more gas but daughter paid for it so I was okay.
My granddaughter took her first steps on wednesday, she is officially a walking baby!
Hope every person is doing well and good wishes for the weekend!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #66  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-I'm always cranky. I'm a Southern woman, and it's in our collective bargaining agreement. Himself calls it being sassy.

I've spent the afternoon signing books. When I saw the courier had a dolly, I knew it was going to be one of those days. A Catholic women's book club bought 700. That's not the worst part. The worst is that I have to show up for their local book club meeting in January. I'll have to answer the same questions a million times. At least one person asks to see the scars on my knuckles. I was informed at one of these things that the scars spell out the letter "G" in Morse Code.

On the positive side, the proceeds have published a novel and several collections of short stories for local authors with schizophrenia. I also got an advance on my next book. I told them I wasn't planning to even start it until this summer when school is out, but they wanted my name on the contract now. Fiction is much harder. With the first book, I just had to remember, not invent.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all

I get to do ALL my shopping today! Loooong story but I am going to put on my best smile and go!

Tonilight: WTG on the 100 lb loss!!!!

Annie: sorry to hear about you having back issues.OUCH!

Realist: That seems so unfair that you are working while others are not. I hope you do get to spend sometime with hubby.

Mimi: I hope sweetie that the depression is just from the season. (( HUGS ))

Zelma: ENJOY the island!!!!! post pics when ya get back!

ok off to shower..then brave the crowds!

toodles

Last edited by azcyn; 12-20-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #68  
Chained, Chainge, Change

Annie, I just read about your back, take care of that thing! Ice and rest, my chiropractor always says.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Realist: I always thought my face was fat lol. It is very round, but that is from my father's side of the family. My tummy, hips, and butt are the areas I hate...basically my body. *sighs* If only I could snap my fingers and have everything the way I want lol.

dogpal: The skirt was $7 I couldn't resist lol. Size 22/24 so it is something I can shoot for in the near future. I think I'll do that again, go out and buy something for inspiration. I usually shop online, so I'll probably still do that mostly.

NuevaVida: I hope you come out of your depression soon. I think we all go through those periods of time where we get depressed, especially with your bodies changing...it can be a struggle. *HUGS*

Tonilight: WOOHOO! Congrats!

Purpleorc: It is a strange feeling...and I'm finding my sense of style again...I haven't had that in so long, ages it seems. I mean I bought a pink skirt. I wouldn't have bought a pink skirt when I was trim and yet it is in my closet lol. Maybe I'm wanting to be more girly now...feeling more sexy and just good about myself. I wonder how I'll feel at 200 pounds. I hope just as good, if not better! Congrats on the jeans! I have an old pair, size 22 I'm itching to get into.

Well, the holidays are here. I have a lot of shopping to do and blah blah. lol...I overslept today, but it is getting to be a bit late, so I have to get a move on.

I haven't been exercising that much lately. I think I need a kick in the bum to do it. I'm changing my attitude and trying, but I keep sabotaging myself when it comes to a few things. Maybe it is me having a hard time letting go.

The holidays are usually a hard time for me. I often get depressed because I lost my Mother in December years ago. So, I'm starting to feel a few things now that my birthday and Christmas is approaching. I'm trying to keep myself busy and trying not to do the emotional eating thing. We'll see...

Last edited by Jacquie668; 12-20-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #70  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I know it is getting close to Christmas when the sewing machine goes in the closet and the vacuum cleaner comes out.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #71  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineM View Post
I know it is getting close to Christmas when the sewing machine goes in the closet and the vacuum cleaner comes out.
That's kind of funny because we cleaned up for a party the other day, and now I'm thinking I should tidy up the desk so I can take out the sewing machine!
Old 12-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #72  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and looking forward to Christmas. Only five days to go!

I am feeling so tired today because when I went up to bed last night, Caleigh was on her laptop (my step-sister and we share a bedroom) and I was struggling to sleep because it was quite hot and the light coming from Caleigh's laptop was very bright. So I was struggling to sleep until it was 3am and decided to go to sleep downstairs. I struggled to sleep again because the sofa is not exactly comfortable but I managed to nod off. I just feel so moody because Caleigh can be a bit inconsiderate sometimes. Sorry to be such a downer.

Purpleorc
That's really a shame. My father was in the same boat a while ago, he loves being able to work but his last important job involved him working away in England, Scotland and sometimes France. He didn't like it because he wanted to be able to be close to home and working away was very tiring for him. He would spend 9 hours driving then 12 hours working on the site. So in the end, he quit his job but he had no luck finding a new job so he hated not being able to work for months. He managed to find a good, steady job in September in the local hospital so he's happy now. Sorry for blabbering on!

I'm hearing impaired so I am disabled and because of that, I have more respect for disabled people. It makes me angry when people label disabled people as ******ed and freaks. I have been called names like that and it's awful that they always have to judge before knowing the REAL person inside them.

I hope you are feeling better today, no more pain from the trigeminial neuraliga.

Annie
Much better than the other day, thanks. How are things with you?

ToniLight
That's great that you have lost 100 lbs! Only 94 lbs left until your goal, huh? Well done.

Take care everyone and keep warm!
Beth
xx
Old 12-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #73  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi all. I haven't posted here in ages. There are so many new faces but a few old ones which is good to see. This year has been really rough and gained back 20 of the 30 pounds I had lost by the beginning of this year but I guess like so many others when you start to reach a new year, you start re-evaluating things again. So I am back at 300 pounds exactly.

Just a a short re-introduction, my name is Tracey. I am 29 years old (making 30 in 4 short months and actually looking forward to it). I am a single mom to a wonderful (yet very kooky) 5 year old girl. I am just easing my way back onto the site. I don't want to overwhelm myself but you will be seeing me around more.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #74  
Chained, Chainge, Change

I wanted to say I posted a brand new update comparison pic on the picture thread.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #75  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello Tracey. Welcome back to 3FC! Looking at the date you joined the forum, you probably know AmmiUK. I'm her daughter!

I haven't weighed myself in ages, like you, so I am dreading the day when I have to weigh myself in the New Year!

Take care
Beth
xx
Closed Thread