Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/330/245

Height: 6' 0"

Default Hi. New to the forum....

I've been reading all the posts here...very inspiring. I'm starting a juice fast today, for weight loss and general health. Hoping to use it as a lead in to a healthier eating plan. I did juice once before for an extended period and felt great. I am about 330 or thereabouts...have not been on the scale yet. Nice to meet you all.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/335/170

Height: 5'7.5

Welcome! There are a lot of great resources on this website and all the support you could ever need. Post often!
FireDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi there! Welcome!

I kicked off my weight loss with a juice feast and managed to do it for 40 days. I lost about 30 pounds and cleansed my body of a lot of junk. I couldn't get used to the green juices, however, and had to stop lol.

Now I'm just getting back to eating healthy and I haven't gained back the weight since my juice feast.

Good luck to you on your juice fast adventure!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #4  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

to 3fc and especially to this board. Here you will find the support you will need along the way and a whole host of information. Look forward to hearing more from you in the coming weeks and months

Last edited by purpleorc; 10-27-2008 at 02:33 PM.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #5  

Default Thanks...

for the welcome. FireDust and Purple, I hope to be active on the forum, thanks. Jacquie, i'd like to hear more about the type juice you made. Did you take supplements? I started out today with carrot/apple, because that is what I had.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #6  

I followed the Global Juice Feast guidelines, which says to get your calorie intake every day. People drink anywhere from 2-4 quarts of juice a day. Mainly you are suppose to drink green juices and not depend on just fruit. I did take supplements as well.

I lost about 30 pounds during that time frame, gained back 8 when I started eating solids, then lost that and etc. It was a good cleanse for me and I wanted to go longer, but I couldn't stomach the green juices, sweet or savory.

After all my reading I did, and I did a lot of reading, I decided a juice feast was a better choice for me as it is a type of fasting, but you are really getting most of your nutrients and not starving yourself. For me personally, 4 quarts of juice was too much, so I usually averaged 2 and a half per day.

I'm going to be bringing my juicer back out as I am merging more and more into raw food and have a few recipes for soups and juices I would like to incorporate into my diet.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #7  

Jacquie, I am not drinking quite that much juice yet, but I will start drinking at least 2 quarts a day, and at least a couple of quarts of water. I also hope to incorporate more raw food into my diet. My enemy is starch...bread, potato, rice, etc.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'3"

hey!!
I've heard about the juice fasts but not so sure on how it works? Could someone explain it to me sounds like something I would like to try! Radar I totally feel you on the starches they are my weakness also! Good luck!!
mommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #9  

The idea of a juice feast, which is a bit different from a normal juice fast, is that you are supposed to be drinking freshly made juices to get your nutrients and calorie intake. You also take supplements to help you along the way.

The purpose of the juice is to take away as much of the fiber as possible. It is like when you drink a green smoothie, it is easier for your body to absorb the nutrients of lettuce because you have broken it down so your body doesn't use all the energy to try to do that for you. One of the theories, and I don't exactly agree, is that your body uses the energy to burn fat and purge toxins instead of trying to digest all that fiber. That is why juice fasting or feasting sites and books talk about enemas in order to keep things flowing.

In my experience my juices always had fiber as my juicer was not the best quality, so I didn't have to do anything like enemas and stayed really regular throughout. A normal juice day for me would be to drink 1 and a half quarts of green juice and 1 quart of a fruit juice, that usually had some spinach or celery added in for good measure. In addition to that I would drink 2 - 2 and a half quarts of water.

Some people do these juice feasts for 100+ days...I managed 40, but nearing day 40 I was in starvation mode due to my dislike for green juices. I wasn't drinking enough and came off of it and started my new diet earlier than I was expecting. I'm glad I came off of it when I did as I was starting to feel poorly. If I liked the green juices I probably would have stayed on the feast for longer, though maybe not 100+ days.

My life changed after the feast. I can't eat as much, I can't stand sweets like I used to, I also can't stand overly salty things...I also cut out dairy as the thought of it makes me ill. I've continued to lose weight and have not gained it back.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 10-29-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #10  

Height: 5ft 2in

Is there a juice feasting support thread? I am planning on strarting a 4 day juice feast in the morning. Luckily I love my green juice (kale, celery, apple, ginger and lime) and my red juice (the same but with red cabbage instead of kale). My major concern is how I will manage on work days. Will my juice stay fresh if prepared the night before and refrigerated?
pufffin is offline   Reply With Quote