Old 10-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #1  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Red face May I join?

Hello Ladies. I've been on 3 fat chicks for over a year but never really stuck around long enough. I had a terrible time over the past two years coming the realization that I have an emotional eating problem, food addiction, and so forth. Lots of emotional ups and downs over the past two years. After I had my DD, I was able to get from 275 to around 245lbs at my lowest and in the past year I went from 260 to 300lbs. 40LBS in one year. Then I continued to live in denial that I wasn't really this big and No, I wasn't that bad looking and No no no...other people are morbidly obese not me!

Anyway, I want to start back to exercise, eating right and losing the weight. I've been working on the emotional issues through self-help books, journaling, and getting to the root issues I have. I know what they are it's just a matter of dealing with them.

I'm scared I might just gain all the weight back again too.

You ladies really do inspire me...
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Welcome back my fellow Ontarian! (Is that even a word?)
Best of luck
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

I can relate to the denial. I never thought I was really that big! Can you imagine. I would see a large person and ask my kids "do I look that big?", of course they would always say no. I guess they didn't want to hurt my feelings. But really, I just never saw myself like that. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm fat, but It's like when you lose weight and your brain can't adjust to it, you only see yourself as big. Ok, well you get the picture, cause now I'm rambling. So welcome back
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #5  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

to 3fc and to the 300+ club. I think I had perfected the art of denial about my weight burying my head in the sand hoping it would go away. That one day I would wake up this 160lb lady but when I realised that was not going to happen any time soon I decide I needed to do something about my weight.

To cut a long story short here I am tackling my weight issue with the great people here on 3fc who have helped keep me on the straight and narrow for the past 18 months. I don't think you are alone in your fear of gaining your weight back but if you change your diet you are now eating and from now on eat a healthier "cleaner" diet this diet will be a habit rather than your old eating habits. There will be less likely that you will gain your weight back( I hope that makes some sort of sense)
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #6  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

back!

I, too, have belonged to the site for awhile, but managed to gain about 20lbs AFTER joining. I think the hardest part for those of us who have tried and failed in the past is wondering what will make this time different? Not only gaining back the lbs lost, but that "failure" feeling that really cuts at the self-esteem!!!

I think the most important thing for us to remember is that we have not just surrendered and given up. We keep getting back up and trying again, even in the wake of awful failures. That in itself makes us STRONG people!

Work on your issues and keep trying. I know we can get there, because we are STRONG!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

welcome back

I know exactly how you feel. I know I'm fat, but I'm often surprised at just how fat I am. Just so out of touch with my body.

I'm also starting over... I've lost count of how many do-overs this makes, and I, too, wonder what will make this time different? I did start a diet blog this morning and I hope that will be help me. I've been avoiding dealing with my weight for so long that I'm really good at it.

Good luck!
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #8  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Thanks guys!

The other day I was with my friend and I asked her who was fatter me or this other friend of ours. And she said me. I was like whaaaat? The other lady is taller and so while she was alot more she's packing it better (although still big of course). Anyway, talk about a wake up call!!

I too just s tar ted a weight loss blog this morning. The address is http:// f**k i am fat . blogspot.com (no stars, just spell the word out and no spaces of course).It looks like we're starting around the same weight Jolly Molly.

Last edited by TempleBody; 10-05-2008 at 01:03 PM.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the group! I was in total denial until my body started not letting me do things...so I can relate!!

There is so mcuh support here feel free to jump in
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/335/170

Height: 5'7.5

Oh I hear ya... I went from 260 to 360 in the course of about a year and a few months. I've only recently been trying to get out of my little hub of denial and see things for how it is... frickin' hard to do though!
FireDust is offline   Reply With Quote