Old 09-30-2008, 05:28 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Question How does this sound...

I'm counting calories (and staying right around 1500) without feeling hungry at all. I'm not following any low carb/low fat/low ANYTHING diet I am just eating sensibly (lots of fruits/veggies, whole grains, good fats) drinking my water and walking for 20 minutes 4-5 times a week.

I weigh 353 (today ) and have lost 7 lbs in two weeks. Apparently just maintain my weight I need to eat 3800 calories a day!!! So is cutting it back to 1500 too much? It's working, I'm not hungry, according to fitday I am nutritionally balanced... I'm just hoping this does not bite me in the butt later on...

help! Any advice?
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #2  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

I would personally up your calories to around 1900 to maybe a shade more. I know that you do not feel hungry at present but I am thinking of the future if you come to a standstill with your weight loss it does not give you so much leeway in dropping the calories as it is medically unwise to go lower than 1200 (unless supervised by a doctor to do so).

If you are no longer losing for 3 or 4 weeks then drop the calories by maybe a 100 so if starting at 1500 it only gives 3 decreases when your weight plateaus.

Hope my pennies worth has been useful. Though on losing 7lbs that is a great achievement.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #3  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

That seems like a reasonable number at your weight (the 3800). I was on a rest/maintenance week last week and (on purpose) averaged a little over 3000 calories - and ended up .2 lbs lighter. I would definitely raise you calories until you're losing 2 pounds a week maximum (or perhaps a touch over). That can be an average over a few weeks (ie. don't worry if it's 4 one week then 1 the week after). Really fast loss at the start of your weight loss journey can make it harder to lose weight later on. It's really appealing to lose weight fast at the start (to motivate you), however, like a lot of us here, you've got a long way to go. You will have to lower your calories later on, and you don't want to drop it from 1500 calories. I'd suggest at least 2000 calories for a couple of weeks.

Good luck, and welcome.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:31 AM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Thank you both for your sound advice. I didn't really think about it that way... these are very good to know things!

I'm excited. I'm motivated. I'm happy. And for the first time I'm not worrying about dying every minute of the day.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: starting weight/285

Height: 5'9

your awesome big sister you are doing wonderful... and I can't wait for us to see each other next summer ALOT lighter mum and dad are going to be very suprised! lolol
dawnmarie is offline   Reply With Quote