Old 09-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone try the Wii, Wii Fit, Wii DDR?

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Wii, the Wii Fit, and or the Wii DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)? If you have used it, how do you like it? Do you find it helps motivate you to exercise daily? Would you recommend it to someone like me that is very overweight (320 lbs), has led a very sedentary life due to sleep problems and always being too tired and has arthritis?
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi,
I got the Wii DDR last year for Christmas and I love it. When I first got it, I was working out 1-2 hours a day! But with everything, it gets boring after a few months. It has a fitness part where it keeps track of your minutes for you. It is alot of bouncing around but always felt so great after I was done. Now I want the Wii Fit and I hear that's even better because it's more versatile as far as all the different exercises and programs it has. HTH
Debbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #3  

I like Wii Fit, it's a lot of fun. I personally don't find it gives me high enough cardiac workout, but I love the balance games. It has helped me with my posture and stretching. I like the PS2 DDR better. The hand gadget involvement is frustrating to me on Wii DDR. I guess I haven't gotten coordinated enough to hands and feet.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #4  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I have the Wii fit, and I would definitely recommend it.
It is not hard core exercise or anything like that, but definitely gets you moving and you get what you put into it. You can slack off and get a very mild workout or you can make it a bit more challenging.
It does have a limit, and you'll eventually grow out of it, but it's great as a start-up workout (I am not much of an exerciser myself and can go months and months without working out, but this has put me on the right track).
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/185/145

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkitten View Post
I like Wii Fit, it's a lot of fun. I personally don't find it gives me high enough cardiac workout, but I love the balance games. It has helped me with my posture and stretching. I like the PS2 DDR better. The hand gadget involvement is frustrating to me on Wii DDR. I guess I haven't gotten coordinated enough to hands and feet.

Hugs,
Ratkity
You can turn the hand controls off in one of the menus (I forget which one but it's definitely there.) I always turn that off.
maggock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #6  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I use my Wii DDR as exercise more than anything else. It's a pretty good workout, I do the workout mode where you punch in the number of calories you want to burn. I don't like the hand movements, but they seem to burn more calories than the leg ones so I usually do them. I also can't get past basic, advanced is way above me I don't know if I'll ever be able to master it.

Wii Sports is okay for awhile. When I first got it I played until I was sore, now it's just here and there.

I want a Wii Fit, too, but it costs $$$ plus $$ to ship it to Korea. So maybe next year when I go home.

By the way I always thought I lacked coordination (I was a real fool in my dance workout classes) but I've been able to pick this up pretty well.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote