Old 09-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 358/349.8/200

Height: 5'11"

Default Out with the bad, In with the good...

Well I just tossed out about $200 in groceries...all bad stuff. No more pasta, breads, sugary or junk food.

Went to the store and bought all good stuff! Whole wheat flour, whole wheat pasta, fresh fruits and veggies, and lean poultry.

The kids and I are going to get healthy =) of course they are hard to convince!

Any pointers?
sweetfelinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Good job getting the bad stuff out of your house. It's ashame to see it go to waste, but I totally understand and I have thrown out stuff in the past.

One of the things that helps me the most is logging every bit of food that goes into my mouth. I use Fitday.com. It really keeps me on track when I'm looking at all my calories, fat, protein, carbs....

Good Luck! You are in a great place for friendship and support!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 358/349.8/200

Height: 5'11"

I had to do it, its too easy to just grab some crap food because its handy or easy. I need to just get rid of it or eliminate the temptation altogether =)
I do need to find out what % of protein/carbs/fat I should consume each day. I havent seen anything that has that listed so far.

Last edited by sweetfelinity; 09-27-2008 at 11:08 PM.
sweetfelinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:54 AM   #4  
BELIEVE!

My personal trainer recommends the following for me:
Protein: 20-30%
Fat: 15-20%
Carbs: 50-60%

I eat up to 1800 calories per day but usually in the 1500-1600 range.

I also try to keep my fiber intake between 20-30g and add in 2T of Flaxseed per day.

Good Luck! Staying involved here is a great support!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #5  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Like yourself I had to throw out all the junk in the house when I commenced on the healthy eating, if it was not in the house I could not eat it and would have to eat something heaps more healthier and wholesome.

I do not know if this site will be of any use regarding changing the children to healthy eating habits http://greenlitebites.com/. The lady whom site it is has a toddler and she has some of the issues that parents have with kids. I know there is a pizza recipe in there with a home made tomato base that has lots of vegetables chopped up in in so sneaky way of getting those dreaded vegetables into kids but they think they are eating the "normal pizza"
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote