Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #1  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1175

WELCOME!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #2  
trying again!

Good Morning Everyone
Not much new here. Just sitting and having breakfast before I start my pickles I may try some apple jelly as well today. Tonight is TOPS and I am thinking I will see a loss. It will be small but...

I struggled a lot this week with trying to recoupe from my cheat meal. Monday nights we have cheat meal after TOPS. Tuesday and wednesday I could NOT get it together!! I ate everything in sight. The prior weeks that didnt happen so I am not going to shy away from doing that until I see what this week will hold. I took up loom knitting this week to try and keep the boredom down cause I am bad for bordom eating. So far the past 2 days it has worked

Welcome to the new "chicks" and hello to everyone else. I dont have time this morning for personals but will try to later
Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Brenda -- I find that when I let myself go off plan, it can be very hard to get back sometimes. I sometimes feel that if I"m in the "zone" I should do everything I can to stay there, because once I'm gone, who knows when I'll get back. Very tricky, this weight loss/maintenance stuff!!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #4  
trying again!

very true Heather. I just dont want to be denying myself anything cause I know what will happen if I do that!

BTW, thanks for closing the prev thread. I only thought of that now!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #5  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Ok...not been active in thread...have been reading and usually sitting here snacking on something. I have not been on plan in 3 weeks. Fell back into the eating while stressed pattern. But today I am inviting people to give me a kick in the pants to jump start me! I have to go and WI this am and I will be biking to school with DS. DD is off for one more day untill the stagered entery for jk is done. Must make my meal plan cause when I dont all he!! breaks loose! So Chicks & Roosters give it to me! Picked up the moh dress and all spots need to be taken in but one the hips needs to be let out! I know that is a hard spot for me.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Brenda -- There can be such a fine line as a "successful" dieter (or whatever we want to call it...). And it seems that there isn't just one way to thread that fine line -- somedays it's right for me to say "no" to foods at a gathering or party, but other times it's right for me to indulge and have a little nibble. I sometimes have to ask myself whether I'm craving something (in which case, have some to not be deprived), or just want it because it's there (in which case, don't). I have taken to doing a sort of inventory before some gatherings or parties and ask myself if I crave anything NOW. If not, I will stay away from the food, chew gum, keep a drink in my hand and just not eat anything...

*sigh* It is a lot of mental work sometimes!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-Excited and scared silly at the same time is a very accurate description of how I was feeling too. I decided to forgo taking my blood pressure. What really helped me is that we rode the bus out a week before school started so I knew exactly which stop to get off at, and he took me through the building so that I knew where everything was going to be. It took that side of the fear out of the equation. I knew what kind of seats and desks, where the elevator and handicap bathroom were. It’s a very small school, so that helped too. As to sharing before photos, that is really hard. I’m very stingy with them.

Rat-How did you survive the blow? I grew up with tornadoes and lived a dozen years with hurricanes, and I’ve got to say I prefer tornadoes for one reason. They come and go quickly. The hardest part of hurricanes is the waiting, and watching, and fretting and preparing.

Bernice-I had my internet go down while taking an online course, and it is so irritating. I’ve got a library nearby with wifi, and our Safeway next door has it as well in their coffee shop area. That comes in handy when it is too hot to work at home in summer. It’s only going to get into the 40’s here today, so not an issue now.

Cyn-Boredom, fatigue, and anger do me in. Everyday is a new day, so just start again. We all have to at times.

Zelma-I also enjoy being half the size I used to be, and I still have half again to lose. That will be weird. I’ in the midst of two elections right now. I vote absentee back in Florida, and now they are having elections here in Canada. I dislike politics, and can’t wait until December when both will be done with.

Debbie-They say used SUV’s are really coming down in price because people are getting smaller cars. I read an article in the paper that people are losing $10,000 or more when they do it without thinking about how much gas they could have bought with that 10 grand. Escalades that were selling here for $80,000 six months ago are selling for $40,000 now. They said painters and contractors are snapping up the good deals because they still have to have trucks no matter what the price of gas is.

Julie-Glad you are doing the counseling before going off the pill. This is also the time to go on folic and pre-natals before getting pregnant.

Blissful-Welcome. You’ve found the right place.

First week of school is under my belt now. It was a long week. I am in class with mostly seminarians. They are all 22ish, male of course, Philosophy majors (that’s what they make future priests get their BA’s in). The professor just got back from 6 years of studying in Rome at the Pontifical College. None of them, including the instructor, look over 12 years old. I’m pretty sure a couple aren’t even old enough to shave yet. Give me a couple of weeks and I’m going to be sewing on their loose buttons. I feel like a frat house mom. I know they are looking at me like, “great, a bored housewife.” They underestimate me at their peril.

I am hoping to hit the pool tomorrow. My back is real cranky right now. I’m not sure if it is because I threw it out without realizing it, or if it is the weather getting colder. I’m resting it today, and will go to the pool tomorrow to see if that helps.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning!
Well we had a good camping weekend. Probably the last one for a couple weeks. Today it is rainy and yuk outside. Hubby will bring camper home today. We thought about it yesterday as it was so beautiful we couldn't pack up. Yeah, see what Mr. Weather did! He won't enjoy packing it up today in the rain. That's what we get. Oh well, it is only rain. I try to tell my kids that I won't melt, but they remind me of the wizard of oz, "witches melt mom". I am just so glad that I can give my kids something positive! hehe It is kinda funny when they say it! Today I have to get some laundry done as hubby will be leaving on Wednesday to pick up new car then to certify training class. Please pray for him for travel and stress of not working and challenge of class for the next couple of weeks. We will miss him lots but feel this is the best thing for the family right now. Be prepared I could be on here venting from preteen and teenager both girls!!! Enough said. Nothing I haven't been through before, but thank all of you for listening to me! WI was -3! YEAH, it is about time. I know I need to start thinking and taking care of me. Hubby said to not worry about things and support his decisions as he is the one who is to worry! So with a lot of prayers I have been getting a little more sleep. Thanks everyone!
I am glad for the weight loss but still 5 lbs. up from where I was 3 weeks ago. UGH! I will get there, I just need to get back exercising. I am eating alright, so that does help some. I need to kick myself in gear! Send me kicks to help! Yak back later, Penny

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Debbie!!!! Have a great day!!!!

Last edited by worthapenny; 09-08-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #9  

Hello my Peeps!

Brenda, thanks for getting us started this week. I'm afraid I'm not a good person to ask for motivation to get back on an eating plan. The stress at work has me reaching for things that bounce me over my total calories. It's amazing to me how fine of a line it is between gaining and losing. It can be as simple as skipping one vitamin water or a small bag of M&Ms. I wish my body knew when to stop intuitively, because it's obvious my brain chooses to remember things it wants to remember.

Catherine, w00h00 on one week of school down. It sure makes a difference when you've scoped the place out ahead of time. Fear of the unknown is my greatest fear of all time. I was riding my bicycle past the Univ of Maryland and saw the marching band out practicing. They all looked 8-12 yrs old! ugh. I hope you get some pool time in soon.

Debbie has a bday? Happy belly lint day!

Hugs Penny, sounds like DH is doing the best he can. Safe traveling thoughts for him from me! Yay on -3!!!

Annie, your new part time job sounds almost zen relaxing. I'm glad it doesn't come with the unbelievable stress you had in your last full time job.

Hugs and Luv to all my Peeps and hiding Rooooosters!
Ratkity
Old 09-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning everyone!

Debbie: I'm not sure when it is but..... Hugs!

Carol: Woo hoo to you on 5 miles!!!! I'm so proud of you!

Angels: Congrats on getting to 304! You are doing super great hun. Welcome back too.

SouthernGal: First of all Welcome back. I don't recall having met you before but welcome back none the less. 2nd. I got soooo angry when I read what you wrote about your ex abusing you. I'm so sorry that happened to you. At least you had some good come out of it that you want to be healthier so no one can easily hurt you again without you putting up a fight.

Zelma: Sounds like you had a busy weekend.

Bernice: Glad that your is behaving!

Rat: So glad that you made it safely through the storms.

Brenda: Good luck tonight with your .

Julia: okay, you asked for it, here it is...

Catherine: I already drove to the college to find the building my classes will be in too. lol. So, now I have that down pat and where to park as well. I don't like my before pics but I feel it may help someone to see them Tomorrow night. I hope your back doesn't keep you away from too long.

Penny: Congrats on -3 more! Great job. I will keep your DH in my prayers for a safe trip. You asked for it too so here you go... Hope that helps.

I think I am pretty well caught up for now.

Heather: Hi there!

Okay maybe now. lol.
Work was fun. I never though I would say that about a job. lol. I do enjoy it very much except for not enough hours. Maybe if it were more hours I wouldn't enjoy it. lol.

Tomorrow is my 2nd meeting with Voc Rehab and I have quite a bit more information for her about aquafitness and life saving classes. The aquafitness one is in November over 3 days. I would be a certified aquafitness trainer after that class, provided I pass the exam. lol. Hopefully she will say yest to them.

Well, I hope you all have a great day. Tomorrow I have to start work at 4:45 and then have a full day of appointments and things to get ready for tomorrow night. I hope that I get finished in time with the seminar to go to my normal Tuesday night group meeting. We are supposed to try on the weight loss coat tomorrow night. I am so excited about it. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 09-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here...introduced myself in a separate post last night.

Just wanted to say that I'm excited to be here. I woke up this morning and my body was in less pain than it was yesterday morning. All that stretching I did yesterday afternoon really helped!!

I MADE myself get on my bike today for a second day in a row - 20 minutes, about 4 miles. I was in bed this morning running all sorts of excuses through my head as to why I should just skip it and do it after work. But I know myself. I know that if I had skipped the bike this AM I would have not made myself get on it for the rest of the day. So, I stretched slowly, looked over at the bike staring at me, and got out of bed and into my workout clothes. Yay me!

Work is really really hard right now. I'm not happy here. Feels like I'm wasting my life by working in this job. I would rather be somewhere else but not sure where. This is ALL making me want to eat, eat, eat. I had lunch. I'm not hungry any more but I can hear the food calling at me. :-( I have to do something...just not sure what.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :-)

Vida
Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #12  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies! Just wanted to check in briefly, as I have a lot of stuff I need to get done. I got a new scale, since mine decided almost overnight that I was about 30lbs lighter than I am. I tried new batteries and it didn't work at all, so I guess it was just that time. The bad news is that my new scale reads me about 10lbs heavier than the old scale did before its meltdown. So, that means that my starting weight and current weight are higher than I thought, but.. I've still lost 30lbs and that's reason to celebrate, right?

Work has been crazy and I am trying to finish up some school stuff (online / correspondence classes) so I can start doing some stuff from home at least part time. Big hugs to those of you who are going back to school and/or are back in school for the fall. And, a big woohooo for those of you who sent your little ones off to school :P

Welcome to all the newcomers, and welcome back to those of you who are popping back in. I'll get back to posting soon. As always, my thoughts are with all of you!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #13  
trying again!

Hi everyone

Just here for a moment since it is our 7yr anniversary tonight and Steve and I are heading out for supper. My weigh in went well. I was down 2.75 this week. Happy Happy about that since I had a pretty rough week with eating all the stuff I shouldnt have
Old 09-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Brenda, OH loom knitting sounds like fun. You'll have to put up some pics when you get some things done. I love looking at stuff like that. I bet it really keeps you occupied. I have so much trouble with boredom too, so I know exactly how you feel.
Did you see a loss today after your meeting?
YAY on the weight loss and have a very happy anniversary!

Julia, I'll kick you if you kick me! Sounds like alot of us are in the same boat.

Catherine, I bet you are going to mess with those young kids aren't you? They don't know what they're in for at school. LOL

Penny, thank you! And WHOOHOOOO on the three pounds gone! That's wonderful news!! Keep it up!

Thanks Ratkity!

Annie, thank you! I sure hope you get to go to that class with the heavy coat thingie. Take pics! I bet you'll be so amazed at how much lighter you feel when they take it back off. I would love to have a job like you have. It sounds easy but so fun!! Good luck with the classes too. It sounds like you're on your way to a great career!

Hi Vida, welcome!! Great news on getting yourself up and on the bike!! Keep up the good work!

Brandnewme, you better believe that's a reason to celebrate!

Today Jim and I took a ride down Hwy 20 which goes towards the Cascade mountains. We went passed the houses that we almost bought before we bought where we are now. They are right on the river and a total mess now. We backed out of the deal when we found out that it floods right there, but it was so beautiful right there on the river. Then we went further down and found a really nice state park and went walking thru it. Gosh it was great!! It's amazing how tranquil and peaceful it was. It's all forest but yet it's right next to the river. We sat and just enjoyed the day. Then we came back, and Mom and Dad gave me presents. I got Sims Castaways and a couple of trellis' for the yard. So I've been playing the game. Jim had bought me a couple of birdhouses that I've been wanting to paint. It's been just a really nice birthday and very enjoyable.

Well chickies, that's it for me,.
Debbie
Old 09-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Vida: Welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Great job exercising even when you didn't feel like it.

Brandnewme: Hi girl. I sure miss you when you are gone and I think about you and wonder how you are. Thanks for stopping in and letting us know. Hugs. Good luck with your on line classes. And, yes, 30 pounds is 30 pounds! Excellent!

Brenda: Happy anniversary. Congrats on teh -2.75 too. I hope you have a lovely evening.

Debbie: Your day sounds so nice and relaxing. I could almost picture you guys walking in the park. Glad your day was nice.

Well, I worked out 70 minutes. I feel it mostly in my arms. I did 10 push ups and I know that isn't a lot but.... it is 10 more than I have done in months. lol. I am hoping to do 10 a day for the rest of this month and then up it maybe later in the month or early next month. I ate cottage cheese and egg plant for lunch and I had lots of left over egg plant so I had it again for dinner. It was yummy. I don't know why I am so into veggies here lately. I just could eat them all the time. Too bad they aren't full of protein. lol.

Okay guys, I think I am off for the night. I am planning on going to bed very early as I am getting up for work at 3:30 to be there by 4:45. I am going to take a shower tonight and I already washed, dried and straightened my hair after working out. All I will need to do in the morning is bible and prayer time and drink a protein shake. Oh, I almost forgot. The girl that I am supporting with my company to the weight loss surgery seminar's mom called, she is also a good friend. Well, she was asking me about where I work and I told her and gave her the information and phone number and they hired her to start on Thursday morning. I am so excited that she is going to be working with me. She and I are also thinking about doing some house cleaning business thing as well. We are planning on meeting after work at a little cafe down the street from the job to discuss it.

One other thing, I am finally out of the 240's!!! I am a solid 239 this morning! Now only 10 more until I reach my next goal.

Blessings and smiles to you all,
Annie
Closed Thread